Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The lads mags

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    Yes but as you said, lad culture just didn't come about. You can't blame it all on men,

I haven't. Try reading my posts.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Kermit, fair enough, you're sticking to your guns I'm sticking to mine, no one's gonna change my mind in this debate.

No, obviously.

A real shame that, too. Because I think groping is unacceptable regardless of intention, and it'd be great to see more men prosecuted for doing it.

I suppose life gives you different opinions of things. I could quite easily stand there and make a rapist beg for death because of what's happened to people in my life.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I haven't. Try reading my posts.

I have, I was merely underscoring the point.

Kermit, yes personal experiences obviously shape views. This thread should die now I think...unless someone else has something controversial to say
  • Options
    A real shame that, too. Because I think groping is unacceptable regardless of intention, and it'd be great to see more men prosecuted for doing it.

The intention is always the same, it's how it's received that changes.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    The intention is always the same, it's how it's received that changes.

voila its matter a matter of the recipients opinion which is why it cant be legally enforced imo
  • Options
    voila its matter a matter of the recipients opinion which is why it cant be legally enforced imo

BUT IT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE :banghead:
  • Options
    BUT IT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE :banghead:

So fucking what?

You are missing a sentence.....here it is -

UNLESS IT GETS YOU LAID :banghead:

This is why it's not going to stop, no matter how right or wrong you decide it is. Some men will literally do anything to get their oats. hell, they'll even have a bath.
  • Options
    If it is consented to it is obviously not illegal.

But the attacker has to reasonably assume that there is consent if the woman does not consent.

It'd be great to see more people prosecuted for this.
  • Options
    And men are great at reading body language and especially when everyone concerned is pissed up. :rolleyes:
    But the attacker has to reasonably assume that there is consent if the woman does not consent.

Amount of men who do this incredibly stupid behaviour who think it's not welcome - almost none I bet.
    It'd be great to see more people prosecuted for this.

It'd be more effective to see fewer of them get a shag, but that's not going to happen either. It's massively open to abuse, for fucks sake. Woman wakes up, has buyers remorse because her "friend's will think she's a slut" and suddenly last nights more than welcome touch, snog and blow job becomes this mornings "assault."
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    i can't believe this thread is still going round in circles.

Its amusing. Im wondering how long it will take to die.

Longest surviving thread of the year?
  • Options
  • Options
    trying to justify something to yourself klintock? You cunt.
  • Options
    I'd like you to back this up please.

With what, exactly?

Personal anecdotes? Proof beyond a reasonable doubt? Scientific proof? What my mates uncle's cousin's ghost Frank's buddies sister said in the pub?

And that's the whole point. The whole thing is entirely subjective.

Those "horrible groping cunts" will find someone who is receptive, eventually. FACT. Without physical damage being caused the whole thing is bullshit.

I have to say that it's great that you want to live in a world where you can say something like "hmmmm....nice ass" and have any response from getting laid to being put on the sex offenders register depending on the emotional state of the listener at the time. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    trying to justify something to yourself klintock? You cunt.

Not at all. I resent that acusation. Apology please.
  • Options
    Fuck you. I resent you stating that sexual assault is the fault of women you slimy sack of shit.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Fuck you. I resent you stating that sexual assault is the fault of women you slimy sack of shit.

No, he's asking for an apology for you insinuating he might have had that problem himself, which I think is quite fair.
  • Options
    Bollocks. No one thinks that women are at fault for being assaulted unless they're fucked in the head.
  • Options

Mr. Turlough is quite correct, I have never had that problem myself, and an apology would be most welcome.
  • Options
    Bollocks. No one thinks that women are at fault for being assaulted unless they're fucked in the head.

I am sorry I either mustn't have made my position clear or you are a fuckwit. Which is it?

Apologies would be good.
  • Options
    Stop swearing.

You will eventually find a woman who consents to being raped if you try often enough. Does that mean rape is anything other than immoral?

If you have no regard for consent then you are a sexual abuser. It is pure luck that a woman is receptive to it, and luck is no basis for anything.

Klintock, you are arguing shit. Presumably just to annoy Blagsta, as Turlough has said he is.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Stop swearing.

You will eventually find a woman who consents to being raped if you try often enough. Does that mean rape is anything other than immoral?

If you have no regard for consent then you are a sexual abuser. It is pure luck that a woman is receptive to it, and luck is no basis for anything.

Klintock, you are arguing shit. Presumably just to annoy Blagsta, as Turlough has said he is.

How does touching a girl's arse in a club equate to sexual abuse? A low form of harrassment perhaps, abuse? Errr...no. Any rational person can make that distinction.
  • Options
    I got assaulted by a dog tonight, swear to God. :yes:
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    How does touching a girl's arse in a club equate to sexual abuse?

It does, legally and morally.

The definiton of sexual assault is to touch someone, in a sexual place, without consent. Groping someone's arse in a pub qualifies on all three.

If you get done for it you'll end up on the Sex Offenders Register for five years, and quite rightly so.

There is no moral justification at all for groping someone's arse in a pub.
  • Options
    a group of lads were pestering us last night and one of them put his hand down the back of my friends trousers! nobs.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be so bold as to do that!!!!
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I wouldn't be so bold as to do that!!!!

you think thats bold? Its not, its cowardly.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

I used that line last night on some old lad who had grabbed my arse, shut the twat up good n proper. Vile.
  • Options
    Sometimes it's good to get a slap though, sorry but all this old pervert feeling young innocent girls idea doesn't really wash with me...meh i've argued my viewpoint anyway so blah.

I'm really really fucking hurting now haha, wanna see my legs :shocking:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Sometimes it's good to get a slap though,

:confused:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    :confused:

Bit of craic like. :D