Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to treat immigrants...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ive already stated it was wrong the way they were treated *Yawn* *Yawn*

And I never even questioned that. Why don't you learn to read?

I know you don't agree with how it was handled. You would use less force, or more tact or whatever. You would still use force. So, you broadly speaking, endorse the use of force, in this case against children.
    If you thiink violent control of other people's lives is a good thing you are insane.

Was what I wrote. I can see nothing objectionable in it. Wheres the problem?

Or should it read

Using violence against people to get what you want is totally sane and normal, in fact it's a good thing that only geniuses approve of.

Did I just call you a genius? :rolleyes:

My comment on you being weird seems to have suffered in your reading -
    Whatever, just keep your weird, unprovable beliefs well away from me.

i.e. your belief that there is such a thing as a "country" at all. Lunacy, but good luck to you.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    You would use less force, or more tact or whatever. You would still use force. So, you broadly speaking, endorse the use of force, in this case against children.

oh thats bullshit, I know what my views are towards children and it certainly does not include using force in the way I am assuming you mean.

you bring violence into the equasion, thats why I keep repeating myself because violence should not be used and I wanted it clarrified before the lynch mob arrives.

thanks for your good luck wishes :D
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Why should they?

So what reason is this law here for?

The law exists and must be obeyed because they have guns and we don't. But don't try and pretend it exists for anyone's benefit but the ones at the top who wrote it.

How lax the immigration system should be is up for debate but surely it is better that people immigrating here do become nice tax paying working people. Rather than working in the black or grey economy in dodgy working conditions and with no protection.

We should all just relax a lot more about immigration,
  • Options
    Well Firstly Mr Budda, I wanst sugesting they were scroungers just that the general pressure on resources by more numbers, pressure on the south east commuter links for example.

Klintoch you seem to have a warped reasoning about Britain (whan ever this is discussed I cant get out of my head the Tom Baker voice over on Little Britain)

Its not all sentimental nonsence to claim that we are part of the greater mass of people in this country and we need to look after that.

Lets just take WW2, had we been invaded youd be able to

"have things in common with individuals and i am capable of making my own bargains and whathveyou with others. I don't need a forced burden on top of that thanks."

with a Nazi state no of course not: your a product of a free system and you cant relay invisage the reality of living under another.

Kermit I wasnt applying the Cricket test, If that had been Indian lads celebrating India winning against England wouldnt have bothered me.

But you dont see a problem with people living here and taking great delight in any misfortune befalling the country they live in, and would doubtless be quick to claime the rights and benafits that we have here should they need them.
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Well maybe thats so, but the laws there so it should be abided, cant say much more than that really can I.

No, not really.

I think you are hopelessly naive if you think the law should be abided simply because its the law. Much law is actually grossly unfair to the population, and is written with the sole intention of keeping power and control at the top.

It depends on how you define "misfortune". People who revel in innocent death are scum, of course, but lets not pretend that us Britishers don't ever do that. But a lot of "misfortune" to hit this country would make me delighted, as it would be the rich and powerful people who screw me over that would suffer.

And having said that, if the CEO of HSBC got raped and murdered, I'd be buying the biggest bottle of champagne I could find and throwing a party.
  • Options
    you bring violence into the equasion, thats why I keep repeating myself because violence should not be used and I wanted it clarrified before the lynch mob arrives.

Could you explain to me how "illegal immigrants" are removed without the use of violence?
    Klintoch you seem to have a warped reasoning about Britain

Nope, dead on accurate. It's fictional.
    Its not all sentimental nonsence to claim that we are part of the greater mass of people in this country and we need to look after that.

I agree, I am happy to help. So why rob me, threaten me and otherwise force me to be part of it?
    with a Nazi state no of course not: your a product of a free system and you cant relay invisage the reality of living under another.

The nazi state is just another form of a state. They are both evil as far as I am concerned, the nazi one is just a worse example. Yes, I can see the need to band together in the face of large groups of sociopaths bent on making us obey their whims. You seem to think that "our" state isn't one of those groups of sociopaths. Can I ask why?

You can't bargain with our state either, you can only slow them down or make it difficult for them to rob you, control you and impede you. Or do you negotiate your tax bill every year?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    And having said that, if the CEO of HSBC got raped and murdered, I'd be buying the biggest bottle of champagne I could find and throwing a party.

Dare I ask what the CEO of HSBC has done to anger you so?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

I think you are hopelessly naive if you think the law should be abided simply because its the law.

aye but as you are aware I try to do things by the book (on important things), I wouldnt go out and rob a bank cos I know id be breaking the law. I agree some laws are bloody stupid but in reality theres nothing I can do till they change that law.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    The nazi state is just another form of a state. They are both evil as far as I am concerned, the nazi one is just a worse example. Yes, I can see the need to band together in the face of large groups of sociopaths bent on making us obey their whims. You seem to think that "our" state isn't one of those groups of sociopaths. Can I ask why?

You can't bargain with our state either, you can only slow them down or make it difficult for them to rob you, control you and impede you. Or do you negotiate your tax bill every year?

All states are Evil ?, "you cant have freedom with out rules" look at Iraq and New Orleans reciently with out law and order you get gangsterism and warlords running things or anchery, thats not freedom then is it you couldnt

"have things in common with individuals and i am capable of making my own bargains and whathveyou with others. I don't need a forced burden on top of that thanks."

No youd get an extra burden if it wasa failed state like Somalia, and currently Iraq, perhaps youd be able to make bargins with a gangster or warlord or terrorist.

And as for the Nazi state almost as bad as Britain I mean realy.

Youd change your tune if you had to live with no government.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Could you explain to me how "illegal immigrants" are removed without the use of violence?

surely force should only come into it when the illegal immigrant fights the case, so if they are faced with eviction and wont leave then thats when any kind of force should come into it, but it should be reasonable force. If someone is happy to go along with whats asked of them then no force at all should be used....yeah ?

bit like me walking down the street and a copper wants to arrest me, if I am willing to go without a fight then they will just cart me off but if I put up a fight then I am looking for trouble.
  • Options
    Yes but the only way you can make someone obey you 'voluntarily' is through the threat of force........
  • Options
    All states are Evil ?, "you cant have freedom with out rules"

I agree. But do you want to make up your own rules, ones that can adapt to your own circumstances or do you want stuff thrown at you against your will and your own self interest.

Rules are there to make you think before you break them as far as I am concerned.
    look at Iraq and New Orleans reciently with out law and order you get gangsterism and warlords running things or anchery, thats not freedom then is it you couldnt

Nope. You got that in places where the government piled hundreds of people in small areas with no defence against each other. law and order is gangsterism, it's just institutionalised gangsterism. Anarchy is not chaos, btw, anarchy means "no rulers".

I never said that, i said they were the same animal, one was more savage than the other i admit.

Ahh you think that government is the services that it currently provides. the problem isn't with the services it provides, but how it provides them.
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Yes but the only way you can make someone obey you 'voluntarily' is through the threat of force........

and ?

as I say dont misinterpret (sp) what im saying but if they tried all avenues which did not include any form of violence and violence was the last resort surely the person only has themselves to blame ? Same as I said earlier if I resist arrest or sommat then its my own stupid fault if 3 coppers have to physically get me in the back of the meat wagon........thats how I see it anyhow.
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    I wouldnt go out and rob a bank cos I know id be breaking the law.

That isn't why you wouldn't do it. If it was made legal you wouldn't go and hold a bank up.

Some laws are justified- where there is a person harmed, or there would be a reasonable chance of harming someone, for instance. But laws drafted to protect the "government" or "commerce" are simply ways of making sure everyone does as they are told like good little boys and girls.

They uphold their interests by force, or the threat of it. Take your police example- if you get in the wagon of your "free will", its only because you know that if you don't your head will "accidentally" bang against the door 14 times.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    That isn't why you wouldn't do it. If it was made legal you wouldn't go and hold a bank up.

aye point taken.

wish you lot would leave me alone, that bloody z01 comes here and starts it then fooks off and leaves me having everyone ganging up on me and im getting all confuffled :lol:
  • Options
    surely force should only come into it when the illegal immigrant fights the case, so if they are faced with eviction and wont leave then thats when any kind of force should come into it, but it should be reasonable force. If someone is happy to go along with whats asked of them then no force at all should be used....yeah ?

So, you advocate the use of violence against people who don't agree with you or don't do what you want?

Perhaps it's ok to be violent against others if the right paperwork has been filed?
    bit like me walking down the street and a copper wants to arrest me, if I am willing to go without a fight then they will just cart me off but if I put up a fight then I am looking for trouble.

I am sorry? Why should you ever do what three strangers tell you to do?

How can you be looking for trouble of it's the "policemen" who initiate violence against you? Or does wearing a uniform make starting fights ok?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    So, you advocate the use of violence against people who don't agree with you or don't do what you want?

Perhaps it's ok to be violent against others if the right paperwork has been filed?

I am sorry? Why should you ever do what three strangers tell you to do?

How can you be looking for trouble of it's the "policemen" who initiate violence against you? Or does wearing a uniform make starting fights ok?

eh :lol:

If I had 3 coppers in me face id do what I was told in all honesty, im a soft shite so do what they tell me and the sooner I get home.

god i think im losing the plot now hehe
  • Options
    If I had 3 coppers in me face id do what I was told in all honesty, im a soft shite so do what they tell me and the sooner I get home.

Exactly. The whole system is based on violence, not voluntary association.

The fact is though, that the politicians in this part of the world like to pretend that it's all done by consent, through "elections" and "consultations" and so on.

It isn't. It's the violent control of your and my life by people you have never met and who are known to be dangerous to themselves and others. the difference between a politician and a mob boss is the political label.

Ach no worries.
  • Options
    I beleive that population pressure does have an impact on house prices.

How? What evidence do you have?
    Dont have a link for the 2nd most crowded country heard it on the news, look for the facts your self and If Im wrong Ill eat my words.

If you make a claim you should be able to back it up. Give me a source please.

I remember England losing in the 98 woprld cup and the street in Illford I was living at the time was full of about 10 Asisn lads shouting and cheering after the final whistle,
    Is it racist to say they shouldnt do that.

No, but why shouldn't they do that? Who gives a fuck?
  • Options
    This is such Bollox its an overly pollitically correct attitude Im not sure what to say to counter it with out sounding like an ld fashoned British empire racist.

:confused:
    Firstly not talking specifically about those people but in general, populaytion pressures will put up the price of houses Fact, after Honk Kong reverted to China the Prices for expensive houses in london raised.

This is so wrong I don't know where to start. On what evidence do you base this assertion? How does it happen? WHy aren't you taking into account other factors?
    Theres no such thing as England/Britain its just a piece of land it dosnt matter we owe no loyality, is that acceptable or do you think we should have things in common and a common interest as a country.

I have nothing in common with the Queen or Tony Blair or the landed gentry or big business tycoons.
    Do you think people should try to work in the interests of a comunity or country or just them selves, do people have a perfect right to come here claim assilum or in some way imigrate, and have no loyality to the country or the people, I think they should have some loyality' they want to claim the rights under British law that people have fought for for hundreds of years (Abu Hamza claimes this right).

Do you think the Chartists or the Suffrajets, were trying to make a better Britain, but then they were racist as Britain dosnt matter its just a piece of land Britishness dosnt exsist its just a language, If we hadnt had these people fighting in many ways to make us better , rich free prosperous and stable (which we are at the moment) then we'd be in the shitter.

What were these idiots think they were doing fighting for freedom, did they do that so someone could claim all the benefits of this and owe none of the loyality they showed.

...I don't know if I can be bothered actually...
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    aye but as you are aware I try to do things by the book (on important things), I wouldnt go out and rob a bank cos I know id be breaking the law. I agree some laws are bloody stupid but in reality theres nothing I can do till they change that law.

So the only reason you don't break the law is fear of getting caught?
  • Options
    All states are Evil ?, "you cant have freedom with out rules" look at Iraq and New Orleans reciently with out law and order you get gangsterism and warlords running things

Hmmm...not as simple as that though is it? There were also plenty of examples of co-operation and mutual aid in NO, but these were under-reported as they don't make good news stories. Also, is it any surprise that people living under a capitalist system (one inherently based on violence, extortion and coercion) will behave like that when the system of law and order that normally keeps them in their place breaks down?
    or anchery,

Are they them little fishy things some people put on pizza?

thats not freedom then is it you couldnt "have things in common with individuals and i am capable of making my own bargains and whathveyou with others. I don't need a forced burden on top of that thanks."

No youd get an extra burden if it wasa failed state like Somalia, and currently Iraq, perhaps youd be able to make bargins with a gangster or warlord or terrorist.

Eh? :confused:

Spain, 1936.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

Spain, 1936.

Didn't realise you were that old..............
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Didn't realise you were that old..............

I'm not...quite. My point was that no government does not necessarily mean chaos and disorder.
  • Options
    Wasn't 1936 the start of the civil war?

Doesn't sound so super to me..........
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Wasn't 1936 the start of the civil war?

Doesn't sound so super to me..........

Yes, but there was also a social revolution with a lot of farms and industry being collectivised and run by the people for the people along anarchist/socialist lines. Unfortunately the Communist party under the direction of Stalin sold it down the river. It's a very inspiring bit of history. Read up on it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Revolution
    George Orwell's "Homage to Catalonia" is worth reading, as is Anthony Beevor's history of the Spanish Civil War.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    So the only reason you don't break the law is fear of getting caught?

No, I have a sense of right and wrong tbh.
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Dare I ask what the CEO of HSBC has done to anger you so?

He has personally stolen a significant amount of money off me.

And, of course, because the HSBC writes the law, it is conveniently legal for him to do this.
  • Options
    He has personally stolen a significant amount of money off me.

Along with everyone else in the economy. He's done it many, many times. He'll do it many many more.
    And, of course, because the HSBC writes the law, it is conveniently legal for him to do this.

Yep. Forget claiming anything from those guys. When presidents etc catch bullets, what are "normal" folks going to do?
  • Options
    So you think an appropriate punishment for stealing is that the person be raped and murdered

I am glad you are not in charge of things..........