Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to treat immigrants...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Poor fella, he cant take the pace eh :p

Come to think about it neither can I, Im off to me pit as well, cya :)
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Poor fella, he cant take the pace eh :p

Come to think about it neither can I, Im off to me pit as well, cya :)

Gonna hit the sack now myself...nighty night and all that shite :p
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Aye, still the same old sarky comments.

things aint changed around here have they.

It wasn't dirrected at you, sorry bout that.

But yeah, things havent changed much ;)
  • Options
    couldnt they claim squatters rights :p they have been living and supporting and being in the community, if thats not reason to stay, i dont know what is? oh yeh they not white white
  • Options
    Whether z01's charming comments had a point is irrelevant. The comment in question was gratuitous and impertinent to the argument in hand. It seemed to imply that this family deserved anything that's coming to them because they were not legalised.

The same kind of argument as that put by those who said Mr de Menezes had only himself to blame for getting shot 7 times in the head by our fine police forces (i.e. had he not overstayed his visa- if that claim is true anyway- he wouldn't have been here and therefore he wouldn't have been shot like a dog). Comes across to me as a rather pointless and unpleasant thing to say.
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    both you and I know you cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigrants, that just opens the floodgates where absolutely anyone will come here and expect to be able to stay here illegally.

What's wrong with that?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    What's wrong with that?

Because every country would need to do it in order for it to work. Which i think would be a good idea btw.
  • Options
    Because every country would need to do it in order for it to work.

No they wouldn't.

And it depends by what you mean when you say "work".

If people want to come here and do the jobs we won't then they are more than welcome to, IMHO. We don't have enough menial workers because our poor won't do those jobs- understandably so, but they need doing.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    No they wouldn't.

And it depends by what you mean when you say "work".

If people want to come here and do the jobs we won't then they are more than welcome to, IMHO. We don't have enough menial workers because our poor won't do those jobs- understandably so, but they need doing.

We're not talking exclusively about working though (as far as i can see). BockyBoo appears to be talking about open borders for both work and permenant living. I'm fully aware that when we've opened borders to people like Poland that the Poles have come over here, worked and contributed towards the ecomonmy and then gone home because they don't want to live here. To open that up to everyone is a different kettle of fish though.
  • Options
    My cousion was bragged out of bed at 1 in the morining this weekend for an outstanding warrent, didnt evern let him have a piss before taking him in,

Its worth noting that its Strathclyde Police in both cases and there well known for being corrupt vicious bastards, (the "licensee" anyone)

However we are the 2nd most crowded country in Europe and cant take all the people that would like to come, not possible,

filling up a large City with the imigrents from the last few years alone, we need to remove failed assilum seekers
  • Options
    However we are the 2nd most crowded country in Europe and cant take all the people that would like to come, not possible,

If we were genuinely overcrowded people would be voluntarily leaving. We aren't, so they aren't.

I think there is a strong case for allowing those who want no "government" assistance or protection to be alowed to live without it. No tax, but no benefits etc
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Dont make excuses for them, sorry but they are here illegal wether you like it or not.
    I agree how it was handled was wrong but both you and I know you cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigrants, that just opens the floodgates where absolutely anyone will come here and expect to be able to stay here illegally.

Aha, inly the second page and my all time number one stupid and irritating word to be used witgh regards to immigration rears its head

"FLOODGATES" :mad:

BeckyBoo you maintain that things are bad 'because they are illegal'

Just ignore the fact that it is illegal for a second, I am sure yyou are perfectly aware that a lot of laws are complete bollocks, that a lot of politicians, and judges etc are morons........

Given their actions, do these people deserve to be treated this way?

Any reasonable person would say no....

The fact that any hardline anti-immigration proponenet cannot get around is that the act of illegal immigration does not do any harm and thus that our laws to 'combat' it are complete bollocks...........
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    but he does have a point.

Does he? What is it?
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    I didnt say they were doing any harm, if they went through the proper procedure then fine, obviously they didnt go through the proper channels. I dont agree with how they were handcuffed blah blah but as I said z01 had a point by saying they shouldnt have been here illegally.

They are still human beings. Would you like your kids to be treated like that?
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Dont make excuses for them, sorry but they are here illegal wether you like it or not.
    I agree how it was handled was wrong but both you and I know you cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigrants, that just opens the floodgates where absolutely anyone will come here and expect to be able to stay here illegally.

Why not? Who gives a fuck? As long as they contribute to society then whats the problem?
  • Options

However we are the 2nd most crowded country in Europe

Are we?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Whether z01's charming comments had a point is irrelevant. The comment in question was gratuitous and impertinent to the argument in hand. It seemed to imply that this family deserved anything that's coming to them because they were not legalised.

So z01s point of view is irrelevant because you dont have the same opinion ? cos thats what it looks like from where im standing. z01 also went on to say he didnt agree the way it was done was wrong.

Kermit, so you are ok with anyone and everyone coming here, even if they arrive illegally ? When would you say enough is enough, cos eventually the people who really need to come here wont be allowed to.
    Every case should be looked at properly and yeah if people really do need to come here then get them here and out of the shitholes they may be in, but lets make sure anyone who comes here does so and goes through the proper procedures.

Thank you cptCoatHanger, at least somebody understands where im coming from.
  • Options

filling up a large City with the imigrents from the last few years alone, we need to remove failed assilum seekers

Why is it not possible to have population growth?

Another crap anti-immigration argument.......

Reasonably high population growth has been normal in the UK for two centuries now, why all of a sudden is it now impossibel to have population growth......

If you are so concerned I assume you will only have one child yourself, or even better, none at all? Or is it just easier to shift the blame onto immigrants?
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Kermit, so you are ok with anyone and everyone coming here, even if they arrive illegally ?

But the question is, are the laws that make such things illegal right?

You are missing the point, or do you genuinely beleive that we should blindly submit to any laws created by our masters?
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:

Given their actions, do these people deserve to be treated this way

Please read the thread before replying, ive already stated what i think of how these people were treat.

come back and give another reply when you have actually read what I have written.

Thanks
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    So z01s point of view is irrelevant because you dont have the same opinion ?
    Er... no. It is irrelevant because whether "they should have been here or not" bears no significance on the treatment they received. It does not justify it.

As I said earlier, it doesn't seem much different from those who said at the time "Mr de Menezes shouldn't have been here if his visa had expired. Then he wouldn't have been shot 7 times in the head for no good reason".

Do you believe that, also?
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    But the question is, are the laws that make such things illegal right?

You are missing the point, or do you genuinely beleive that we should blindly submit to any laws created by our masters?

How the fuck am I missing the point ? do you actually read anything or sit there and think *hey lets pick her up on this ONE thing*

God almighty.
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    How the fuck am I missing the point ? do you actually read anything or sit there and think *hey lets pick her up on this ONE thing*

God almighty.

You said that zo1 had a point. So what was it? That they got what they deserved because they were here illegally? What?
  • Options
    I have read what you said, I am trying to point out the inconsistencies in what you are saying.

You agree that they weren't doing any harm

You agree that they shouldn't have been treated that way

Yet you still seem to support a law that leads to people WHO HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG, being treated in a bad way

Now why could that be?
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:

God almighty.

I have read every post in this thread..............
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    You said that zo1 had a point. So what was it? That they got what they deserved because they were here illegally? What?

Go back and read what z01 posted
    im not agreeing with it and i dont think it was a very fair way to go about it
    Does that reply make you think z01 thought they got what they deserved ?

z01 from where im sitting is saying immigrants should go through the proper procedures and if they meet the criteria for staying here then fine, but if they dont then sorry but bye bye......thats how i see it anyhow.

also rather than have to repeat myself, thats actually my view on this issue.

Im off out now, will be back later if you have any other things you want me to clarify.

Tara
  • Options
    Read zo1's first post on this thread and then your first post. Now tell me, what point are you trying to make?
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    tho being there illegally they should have been expecting something to happen

im not agreeing with it and i dont think it was a very fair way to go about it

My understanding of the point of this is basically that if you commit the 'crime' of being an illegal immigrant then expect bad things to happen to you, whether they should or not being besides the point......

Which is of course bollocks.........
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Read zo1's first post on this thread and then your first post. Now tell me, what point are you trying to make?
    shouldnt have illegally been there in the first place!
    tho being there illegally they should have been expecting something to happen

z01's first post, then second post.
    but he does have a point.
    My quote, after z01 had posted the 2 above posts.

I see z01 saying that these people were illegal immigrants and that surely they must have expected something to happen ie that they wouldnt just be allowed to stay if they did not follow procedures, but I could be wrong so shall await for z01's return to actually clarify what it meant, as I cant speak for him.
  • Options
    And I see the rest of us pointing out how sad and inhumane such comments were, and how irrelevant also are to the argument.

The thread was only discussing the treatement they got from police, and drop in the comment "shouldnt have illegally been there in the first place!" (with exclamation and all) when police brutality or at least abhorrent behaviour was all that was being discussed can only be interpreted as some kind of personal belief that the family got what they deserved. I believe we can all see this very clearly but you appear to have missed the point.