Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

9/11 Sigs

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    If you died would you like us to remember you that way? With your name and date and the flag as a backdrop?
    well seeing as how we have never met in person and all you know of me is what I post on the net, sure why not?

"in remembrance of AllAmericanRageJunky, whose life was cut tragically short by a caffeine induced heart attack at age 18"
  • Options
    Anyhow I have to take off agian. This time for school. To be continued I would assume.
  • Options
    i thought a flag just symbolised a country and the people? :confused: why do people get so into it? But yes the nazi flag is abit different.
    I knew i'd get flamed for what i said, i never said the americans thought it was the worst thing in the world. It is deeply sad yes, and people should be remembered. But when people show that they're still hurt and upset by it, then it's giving the terrorists what they wanted isn't it?
    And i just pointed out that america seem more 'self-proud' than alot of countries.
  • Options
    The thing I don't get is why does anybody have to prove that they love their country and hold respect for the people that died? I mean do you have to shout out "hey I'm compassionate, hey I'm a patriot!" to prove that you are?

Why can't we have quiet patriotism? I'm proud to be British but I don't have to salute to a flag or put up banners to prove it because why should I?

I think it's disrespectful and tacky, all these 'remember 911' banners because people should be moving on with their lives and not dwelling in the past or living through fear... I'm sure this is what most of the victims would have wanted.
  • Options
    Since when? Like I said as much as these war hawaking bastards in DC try to use the flag as a symbole for their damn military industrial complex, the true meaning of the flag never changes.

Not to you maybe, but to everyone who sees the "war hawaking bastards in DC" using the flag themselves the symbol is then associated with that.

Just as the swastika example.
    They are principles for us to aspire to

Indeed they are. But the declaration of independence/constitution are the symbols of that, the flag isn't.
  • Options
    Aahhh, yes the good old US of A. A country founded on genocide.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Aahhh, yes the good old US of A. A country founded on genocide.
    No the native Americans were savages and savages aren't real humans, they didn't even have guns!
  • Options
    Why not let them remember in a way they feel appropriate?, in this case with a sig?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    And i just pointed out that america seem more 'self-proud' than alot of countries.
    yes we are. :thumb:
  • Options
    yes we are. :thumb:
    Like they say... Pride always comes before a fall
  • Options
    I think it's disrespectful and tacky, all these 'remember 911' banners because people should be moving on with their lives and not dwelling in the past or living through fear... I'm sure this is what most of the victims would have wanted.

who on these boards are living in fear? I mean honestly the people around here are a little too level headed to fall for that whole "BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID" line from the Bushies.
  • Options
    Indeed they are. But the declaration of independence/constitution are the symbols of that, the flag isn't.

Nah those are the embodiment of the principles; they're the legal document that (supposedly) holds the government to their duties. The flag is just a symbol; the other two are a little bit more.
  • Options
    Like they say... Pride always comes before a fall
    nothing wrong with being proud of where you're from. :)
  • Options
    But why bother, it's a fluke.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Funny I didn't see you lot crying about people in SE Asian when the bombs went off in the tubes...

*sigh* I'll start using Sarcasm tags shall I?
  • Options
    already ahead of you. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    nothing wrong with being proud of where you're from. :)

Hardly an achievement though is it? Your mom and dad fucked there. Whoopdidoo.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Hardly an achievement though is it? Your mom and dad fucked there. Whoopdidoo.
    No I am proud of the culture, the ideals... all the other stuff I listed through the thread. And I am proud to be part of it. :)
  • Options
    Rose-tinted specs alert.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    J wrote:
    Does anyone actualy know what the plan was behind all of that? What, they do it on a certain date, use the number 11 to make it somehow biblical?

9/11... what number do you call for the emergency services in the US of A?
  • Options
    Don't be stupid.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Rose-tinted specs alert.
    Oh fuck you're right! :crazyeyes I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEVER SAW IT BEFORE! America is pure evil, it has no redeaming values, it has no ideals, and it has no culture beyond starbucks and McDonalds! Thank you thank you thank you a thousand times over Fiend 85 for showing me the light.

:rolleyes: I mean honestly what the fuck?
  • Options
    They are principles for us to aspire to, and unfortunaly we're doing a crap job of it at the moment. Again the symbole remains the same.

Yes principles your founding fathers made up some 200 odd years ago, long since dissappeared mate.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Yes principles your founding fathers made up some 200 odd years ago, long since dissappeared mate.
    umm not really.
  • Options
    umm not really.

Patriot Act?????
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Patriot Act?????
    the fault of the bureaucrats that have been trying to drive this country to ruin for years. And I will admit things do look rather grim, but the ideals do still exist.
  • Options
    Of course they still do exist but when I see the American flag today, I don't see the flag you see.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Of course they still do exist but when I see the American flag today, I don't see the flag you see.
    which is too bad.
  • Options
    No I am proud of the culture, the ideals... all the other stuff I listed through the thread. And I am proud to be part of it. :)

Rampant capitalism?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Rampant capitalism?
    admittedly not so proud of that part