Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hurricane aftermath

124»

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    So, erm...

No. The Twin Towers were not demolished, if you care to stay away from dodgey conspiracy sites who like to manufacture facts. The Bush Government is many things... but... not that intelligent. Nah, it was just an incident that happened because when they were told it was going to happen... it played right into their hands. Perfectally. The Excuse they needed.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Anyone spot the irony Clandestine's posts? :D

Anyone spot the irony in an "anarchist" who refuses to listen to others viewpoints? :D
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Anyone ever understant one of klintock's posts?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Anyone spot the irony in an "anarchist" who refuses to listen to others viewpoints? :D

Not really, most anarchists I've met are like that
  • Options
    Clandestine and family, yesterday

:lol:
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Not really, most anarchists I've met are like that

Yes, I'm sure you've met loads.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yes, I'm sure you've met loads.

Too many...
  • Options
    Yes, of course you have.
  • Options
    Everyone please don't insult each other, and especially keep references to people's families out of things. Please try to keep things basically on topic, and whilst the ignore this is an important function it isn't here to be used to attack or insult people. If you've added someone to your ignore list, and you really meant it, then do just that, ignore them and move on to discussing the issue with other people.
  • Options
    I was only having a laugh.
  • Options
    Comments about my family arent a laughing matter. That you think so indicates a far greater lack of character than I had previously imagined.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Everyone please don't insult each other, and especially keep references to people's families out of things.

To be fair, the joke was at Clandestine's expense, not his family.

Anyhow, now that we have got that out of the way, any chance that we can get back to the topic of the thread?

I asked why the state of the US regime should matter, as the state of Indonesia's regime wasn't relevant in December. Why should it matter that the country is "rich" when the victims aren't?
  • Options
    I asked why the state of the US regime should matter, as the state of Indonesia's regime wasn't relevant in December. Why should it matter that the country is "rich" when the victims aren't?

Theres nothing wrong in helping those who need help. There is something wrong in helping people while those with a genuine responsibility do nothing. One of the problems we have in the world is the needless inequality. Care packages, like welfare and so on just delay a solution to this problem, put it off until another day.

Was the indonesian government able to bail out it's citizens? Probably not.

Was the US government able to bail out it's citizens? Probably yes.

That being the case I would wait for the US government to pull it's finger out before sticking my hand in my pocket, and then I would only do so if they fell short of sorting their shit out.

(And I thought the country was "the people"?)