Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So, wheres the riot gonna be?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I will attack racist filth and racist apologists.

Jonny is the former, this Catha idiot is the latter.
  • Options
    Not strictly related but there was more rioting in Northern Ireland a couple of days ago, I guess thats not really newsworthy though is it.
  • Options
    i dunno about full on rioting but i was chatting to some sikh mates yesterday, they had a petrol bomb put through their temple the other day, presumably in retaliation for 7/7.......just goes to show the level of ignorance and racial tension, even in a multicultural place like London, never mind the fact they got the "wrong" religion........they really were idiots because they used diesel instead of petrol, and then wondered why it didn't ignite.......muppets.
  • Options
    I’m originally from Luton which is an incredibly divided community. It’s a diverse religious and cultural town whose population has never seen eye to eye for as long as I have lived there. There’s no escaping the fact that a lot of the atmosphere in the town can be attributed to religious disputes. I attended a sixth form college that was populated with around 70% ethnic minorities, mainly Muslim and Hindu. The atmosphere there was horrific and I (as a non-religious white male) suffered some severely racist verbal and non verbal attacks. After speaking to some of my Muslim and Hindu friends to try ascertain the reasons behind the atmosphere I was told that a lot of what I was seeing was a result of the parents, often first generation immigrants, who hadn’t managed to become accustomed to the living in such a diverse surrounding children, pushing their small narrow minded views of other cultures onto their kids. These kids weren’t following any religious guides or rules; they were bound together by the ignorance of a previous generation. As far as I was concerned they weren’t any less of a thug or a bully on an individual basis for the actions they choose to partake in. I just realised that it wasn’t religious or cultural beliefs that were the motive behind their behaviour.

I think what Jonny8888 is not so eloquently trying to put across is that he feels that he has experienced a disproportionate amount of grief from what he perceives to be the “Asian” population there. Unfortunately that then seems to have turned into some gross generalisations about the “Asian Community” as a whole.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    why is it a racist term then? c'mon, explain exactly what is so racist about the word.

try reading some recent history
  • Options
    Ohmigodf
    Kermit wrote:
    That kind of happened in Bradford, where I'm from.

20 BNP loonies turned up at the train station. West Yorkshire Police asked them if they wanted to leave or get a kicking. They left.

About 3000 Asian youths decided this was a "matrix of racial fear" and then burned down everything they could get their hand on, including a Labour Party social club with over 100 people inside it.

Even more unbelievably, the courts believed them when they played the race card, and they got their sentences drastically cut.

Oh my gosh Kermit, I'm shocked youa dn I have something in common. I'm from Bradford too.

Not really, but having been in Bradford Uni for three years, I consider myself to be atoken Yorkshire lass. My God it's taken me long enough to rince out the accent. My Mum was saying for four years afterwards why do you insist on talking like that all your 'inging' like a Liverpudlian and your Bradford twang. A staunch south Londoner, people still ask me down here regularly if I'm from 'uup north.' I suppose if I ever want to do voiceovers my regional accent range will come in handy.

As for where the next riot will be klintock, let's not be pessimistic, there could be a riot this summer, there might not. I think people are tired. Also someone like Ammir Khan who is visbly patriotic (see today's press) is a good role model to encourage those Muslims who need it to show some national pride in the country they were born and raised...as far as I'm concerbed bradford has had its fair share of riots...no more please.
  • Options
    mazza wrote:
    Oh my gosh Kermit, I'm shocked youa dn I have something in common. I'm from Bradford too.

Did you not know?

YOu shouldn't have got rid of the accent, Yorkshire is a wonderful accent. I'd not get rid of it for anything, although wqhen I worked in Sunderland I apparently started talking like a dirty Mackem:lol: