Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

sex with minors

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well hes only 18 himself. Its not like a proper adult wanting to go out with a kid. Its only a 3 year diff. What 15 year old girl would want to go out with a lad her own age - seriously.

deffinatly not me! lol, i prefer older guys myself. When i was 14 1/2 i went out with a guy who'd just turned 18. But it wasnt like it sounds......
    18 is hardly adult though......they are legally but not mentally, and a girl of 15 is approx on their level of maturity anyway - well some of us at least!
    As long as you dont get too heavy with them - but youre probably better off with girls your own age.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    deffinatly not me! lol, i prefer older guys myself. When i was 14 1/2 i went out with a guy who'd just turned 18. But it wasnt like it sounds......
    18 is hardly adult though......they are legally but not mentally, and a girl of 15 is approx on their level of maturity anyway - well some of us at least!
    As long as you dont get too heavy with them - but youre probably better off with girls your own age.

Thats a very sweeping generalisation to say that all 15 year old girls are as mature as all 18 year olds. To be honest it sounds very arrogant to say that when you were 15 you were more mature than an 18 year old. I would say somebody that thought that would still be quite immature. Unless of course you can give some sort of statistical judge for maturity.
  • Options
    Thats a very sweeping generalisation to say that all 15 year old girls are as mature as all 18 year olds. To be honest it sounds very arrogant to say that when you were 14 you were more mature than an 18 year old. I would say somebody that thought that would still be quite immature. Unless of course you can give some sort of statistical judge for maturity.

i didnt say ALL 15 year old girls are as mature as 18 year olds but wasnt it proven that girls mature faster?.....and when did i say that when i was 14 i was more mature than an 18 year old?
    there are mature and immature people of all ages, but just because i'm young doesnt make me arrogant or immature.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    18 is hardly adult though......they are legally but not mentally, and a girl of 15 is approx on their level of maturity anyway

implies 15 year old girls are more mature than 18 year old guys
    Ballerina wrote:
    well some of us at least

implies that you at 15 are more mature than 18 year old guys.

Girls physically mature faster on average. I am wondering if you are trying to say that 14 - 15 year old girls should be able to have sex legally "as they are maturing faster" and that maybe guys should wait until 19 - 20 as at 18 they "mentally haven't matured"?
  • Options

Girls physically mature faster on average. I am wondering if you are trying to say that 14 - 15 year old girls should be able to have sex legally "as they are maturing faster" and that maybe guys should wait until 19 - 20 as at 18 they "mentally haven't matured"?

no i wasnt trying to say that
  • Options
    i was doing the old chat up routine down the pub the other week to a certain young lady, who after a while proceeded to tell me she was 16.

safe to say i was shocked, she certainly didnt look like it but i definatley didnt try any further, even though i technically could have done i suppose.
  • Options
    and another things just sprung to mind.

i ws sat round an ex girlfriends house ages ago and a girl she knew walked in. safe to say she was actually well fit and i would have tapped it no doubt, i actually felt disgusted when i got told she was 14!!!! for fucks sake she was built like a woman. definatley dodgy territory as she gets in local pubs and clubs.
  • Options

It implies no such thing.

Ditto.

Girls tend to mature faster mentally too, for the record.

Ballerina was saying no such thing, I'm not entirely sure you actually read a word of what she said. She was saying a 15-year-old girl with an 18 or 19-year-old boy isn't so disgusting, as they are very probably at the same level of maturity anyway.

The maturity levels of 15-year-old and 18-year-old people are often not all that removed, escpecially if you look at it with hindsight. Many 15yos are more mature than 18yos, and vice versa, it all depends on the person. My wife first had sex when she was 15, and she was probably much more mature about it then than her sister is, who's 18 and just started having sex.

Being sexually attracted to a girl who is legally underage is not crime of the century, many girls aged 15 look a lot older, or can do to an unsuspecting man. Any man who hasn't looked at a cute girl and the suddenly thought "shit, she's only a bairn" is either gay or a liar.

The legal limit is there because there has to be an arbritary limit, but to say that a 15-year-old is too young for sex but a 16-year-old isn't is strange to say the least. A legal limit has to be there for convenience, but people don't suddenly become mature when they are 16.

Between the ages of 15 and 19 I'd say that things are very much up in the air, physically and mentally, and it is rather stupid to cast moral indignation on people for fancying people who are slightly under the legal limit for sex. Under the age of 15 and I'd think an older teenager wanting them was a bit funny, and similarly with a boy over the age of about 19/20 I would question their motives in wanting a girl so young.

It sounds awfully patronising, but its only when you get older that you see that there isn't much difference in maturity between 15 and 18. Hell, even the freshers at uni look and act like wee bairns to me.
  • Options
    beckyboo wots up with u? no need to b rude
  • Options
    bigdavevw wrote:
    beckyboo wots up with u? no need to b rude

Whats up with me is the fact that you know she is a minor and yet you still feel the need to come here and ask people what they think :rolleyes:

I also feel that you made that title up to get a reaction. I also think you are being a bit of a charlie and I also think you use far too much text talk.

All right ?
  • Options
    it clearly does imply this as you are stating that 18 year old guys are not mentally mature. As I stated this is a sweeping generalisation. You are saying that 15 year old girls are on the same level so saying that on the whole girls are mature much younger.

at least some of US

us clearly implies oneself does it not? It means the person saying us plus other people. Therefore heavily implying that she is in the group of people that are extra mature for their age.

In no way did I say this was impossible I was commenting at the generalisation of this statement and merely wanted some factual evidence of such a sweeping statement.

I am entirely sure Kermit you read nothing of what I said and were clearly just over eager to flame someone.
  • Options
    well its true in general. Its not an accusation, its just one of those things. It does even itself out though. Are you taking offence at the suggestion that girls mature faster, because im not sure who it is you should complain to. Some higher being probably.
  • Options
    I'm complaining more about the generalisation. The law is there for a reason and you can say there are people under the bracket for any age that are mature enough.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It implies no such thing.

Ditto.

Girls tend to mature faster mentally too, for the record.

Ballerina was saying no such thing, I'm not entirely sure you actually read a word of what she said. She was saying a 15-year-old girl with an 18 or 19-year-old boy isn't so disgusting, as they are very probably at the same level of maturity anyway.

The maturity levels of 15-year-old and 18-year-old people are often not all that removed, escpecially if you look at it with hindsight. Many 15yos are more mature than 18yos, and vice versa, it all depends on the person. My wife first had sex when she was 15, and she was probably much more mature about it then than her sister is, who's 18 and just started having sex.

Being sexually attracted to a girl who is legally underage is not crime of the century, many girls aged 15 look a lot older, or can do to an unsuspecting man. Any man who hasn't looked at a cute girl and the suddenly thought "shit, she's only a bairn" is either gay or a liar.

The legal limit is there because there has to be an arbritary limit, but to say that a 15-year-old is too young for sex but a 16-year-old isn't is strange to say the least. A legal limit has to be there for convenience, but people don't suddenly become mature when they are 16.

Between the ages of 15 and 19 I'd say that things are very much up in the air, physically and mentally, and it is rather stupid to cast moral indignation on people for fancying people who are slightly under the legal limit for sex. Under the age of 15 and I'd think an older teenager wanting them was a bit funny, and similarly with a boy over the age of about 19/20 I would question their motives in wanting a girl so young.

It sounds awfully patronising, but its only when you get older that you see that there isn't much difference in maturity between 15 and 18. Hell, even the freshers at uni look and act like wee bairns to me.

*claps* thank you!!! thats exactly my point!! :yippe:
  • Options
    I am entirely sure Kermit you read nothing of what I said and were clearly just over eager to flame someone.

Instead of coming up with an argument against my argument, you resort to whingeing about flaming. If you think that was flaming you are a bit soft really, get some backbone man.

It is a proven fact that girls are mentally and physically more mature between the ages of 13 and 17 than boys are, and afterwards boys catch up. Ballerina was making a generalisation, of course she was, but it wasn't an unfair generalisation as it has a lot of grounding in fact.

She didn't say that all 15yo girls were as mature as all 18yo boys, but in many cases that is what the situation is. It depends on the person, I thought Ballerina had made that clear but obviously not clear enough for all posters.

And whilst we're on the subject of "flaming", how you addressed Ballerina was far worse than my argument. If you can't take being argued at then don't post, to say I "flamed" you is as laughable as it is paranoid.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Instead of coming up with an argument against my argument, you resort to whingeing about flaming. If you think that was flaming you are a bit soft really, get some backbone man.

It is a proven fact that girls are mentally and physically more mature between the ages of 13 and 17 than boys are, and afterwards boys catch up. Ballerina was making a generalisation, of course she was, but it wasn't an unfair generalisation as it has a lot of grounding in fact.

She didn't say that all 15yo girls were as mature as all 18yo boys, but in many cases that is what the situation is. It depends on the person, I thought Ballerina had made that clear but obviously not clear enough for all posters.

And whilst we're on the subject of "flaming", how you addressed Ballerina was far worse than my argument. If you can't take being argued at then don't post, to say I "flamed" you is as laughable as it is paranoid.

thanx for sticking up for me!!! :D
  • Options
    The law is there for a reason

The law is set at an arbritary age, designed to prevent most people from having sex before they were mentally mature enough to do so. In Spain and Holland it is 14, in the US its 18, and that proves the sheer arbritaryness of the age of consent.

The law is there to protect very young people from older "sexual predators". An 18yo boy with a 15yo girl doesn't exactly fit that category.

And one last point. Could you explain to me the difference between a girl aged 16 and one day and 15 and 364 days, please?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    And one last point. Could you explain to me the difference between a girl aged 16 and one day and 15 and 364 days, please?

The first girl is 3 days older.

Ho Ho Ho :p
  • Options
    to be honest, he seemed more rude than you did, in fact, you didnt seem rude at all!
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    The first girl is 3 days older.

Ho Ho Ho :p
    She can count!:p
  • Options
    beckyboo all i did was ask for some opinions which plenty of people do in here everyday. made the title up to get a reaction?!?!? whats that all about? being a charlie?!?! wtf? as for text talk most people do that, but i will cut down on it now. ok?
  • Options
    Stop trolling already.
  • Options
    crazy_guy wrote:
    Erm well going out with a 14/15 yr old wouldnt be disgusting but would be bridging on weird, girls that age are immature and not worth dealing with, i'd stick with a girl your own age!
    Oh and i'm not even going to get into the legalities of sex with minor, being illegal etc - so in conclusion - you may like looking at them, but thats as far as i would advise!
    When i was 14 nearly 15 i started going out with someone aged 18 and we've been together nearly 2 years now.
  • Options
    bigdavevw wrote:
    beckyboo all i did was ask for some opinions which plenty of people do in here everyday. made the title up to get a reaction?!?!? whats that all about? being a charlie?!?! wtf? as for text talk most people do that, but i will cut down on it now. ok?

are you playing stupid on purpose or what ?

Thank you for cutting down the text talk...........I might be nice to you now :p
  • Options
    bigdavevw wrote:
    would it be wrong for me to go out with her or have sex with her?

If her parents dont mind then why not?

would i be seen as a peedo? :

Yes, but only because people are ignorant fools who dont know the difference between ephebophillia and paedophillia. One is considered a mental disorder/pathological while the other is just a fetish.
  • Options
    I think its ok so long as both people know what there doing and are responsible enough about it all.

My girlfriend is 15 and im 18, we have recently began having sex and too be honest i dont see anything wrong with it other than the fact that Law says we should wait another few months. If we were in Holland we would be allowed to, we are equally mature as im a bit of a big kid at heart and hadnt done anything sexually till i met her so we were as niave as each other.

Personally i dont think i was ready to do anything until recently, i was just a bit of a late bloomer with sex. When i met her i really want expecting it to do anything more than kiss her, we got on really well and things just happened but we were both ready for them.

The relationship was never ment to be about sex, we just got on amazingly and i was enjoy just kissing and cuddling. People dont go out of there way to meet someone underage, sometimes we just get on really well with someone and feel ready for the despite the age gap...
  • Options
    quoting the bottom part of my response suggesting it was the whole response isn't really reading is it kermit?

Of course the law is also there for 18 and 15 year olds. Are you trying to tell me there are not impressionable 15 year olds who can be pressured into sex by an 18 year old? Again a generalisation is made that it is purely about sexual predators.

If a girl of 15 and 364 days wants sex she has to wait a few days. She's waited nearly 16 years a few days won't hurt will it?

Just to help you as you clearly have trouble reading if you look above where I stated that I was bored of reading every post of yours that have exactly the same tone in. See are you looking? Then you will read where I have tried to point out REALLY obviously the supporting evidence for what I said which you originally said didn't exist. I do not believe I can make it any clearer.
  • Options
    i live..
    g_angel007 wrote:
    Fucking sick... Where on earth do you live?? :shocking: :eek: :eek2: Although, saying that, it could happen anywhere I guess...

isle of man :D not surprising though ;) we're all a bunch of weirdos really :lol:
  • Options
    Irnbru wrote:
    If we were in Holland we would be allowed to,

But you aint in Holland.
  • Options
    Irnbru wrote:
    I think its ok so long as both people know what there doing and are responsible enough about it all.

My girlfriend is 15 and im 18, we have recently began having sex and too be honest i dont see anything wrong with it other than the fact that Law says we should wait another few months. If we were in Holland we would be allowed to, we are equally mature as im a bit of a big kid at heart and hadnt done anything sexually till i met her so we were as niave as each other.

Personally i dont think i was ready to do anything until recently, i was just a bit of a late bloomer with sex. When i met her i really want expecting it to do anything more than kiss her, we got on really well and things just happened but we were both ready for them.

The relationship was never ment to be about sex, we just got on amazingly and i was enjoy just kissing and cuddling. People dont go out of there way to meet someone underage, sometimes we just get on really well with someone and feel ready for the despite the age gap...

like me and my gf however we arent having sex until shes 16 here, mainly cause of social services and we dont want to lie - needless to say the birthday in 5 months :thumb:

i dont actually miss it that much, i realised i just love my gfs company and affection and doing the same back even if its just hugging and kissing cause i love her to bits :blush: