Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is homophobia illegal?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tommo100 wrote:
    Yeah Aladdin I do, I mean every single person who finds 2 gays kissing in public is an Adolf Hitler sympathiser, we all run around around yelling seig heil while trying to throw gays into the gas chambers, same as people who disagree with immigration innit, did you know they are all combat 18 members? What about the people who want tougher sentances for criminals? I think they are all NF members, Im sure you would agree.

Grow up, get your arse out the fantasy land and come join us in the real world.

Its seems you are prepared to label anyone with a different political opinion to you a nazi
    No, only racist trolls such as yourself.
  • Options
    No, only racist trolls such as yourself.

Well I cant debate with that fantastic comeback can I? :lol::lol::D:D
  • Options
    Your goal on these boards is not to debate.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Your goal on these boards is not to debate.

Aladdin: I can't believe you're still letting these guys get to you! They're on a wind up an nothing more. You're perpetuating what these guys do, you respond to some outlandish comment they make and they've done their job!
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    A landlord can instruct his bouncers to do whatever they want.

If a gay couple came in my local and starting getting off with each other they would be rightly thrown out, like it or not, you cant behave that way in public no matter what "human rights" laws people will try to throw at you.

Would you thrown out a straight couple for 'getting off with each other?'

If not, well, my comments on the previous page apply to you.
  • Options
    Like I said, 99%of people would not be offended by a straight couple doing it so there is no need to take action, a far higher percentage would be offended by a gay couple so its in the interests of the management to remove them so it doesnt drive away thier custom.

P.S I am here to debate, if you cant win an argument admit it and dont resort to abuse and calling people trolls ;)
  • Options
    The point is tommo is why it's ok to be more offended by gay couples than by straight couples.
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    Like I said, 99%of people would not be offended by a straight couple doing it so there is no need to take action, a far higher percentage would be offended by a gay couple so its in the interests of the management to remove them so it doesnt drive away thier custom.

P.S I am here to debate, if you cant win an argument admit it and dont resort to abuse and calling people trolls ;)
    Absolutely right Tommo, there are some people on this forum who just abuse around when someone happens to disagree with their trenchant views. They can't stand a contrary opinion and resort to personal abuse and mis-representation in order to silence people like you and me.
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:

Rubbish.

A few people - wankers, frankly - would object, but no way 99%. You seem to be another one labouring under the delusion that most people share your view of gay people. I assure you, they do not. I don't live in the most gay-friendly place in the world (although it's getting better rapidly), but I've never had the slightest trouble from anyone because of my sexuality - and that includes occasions when I've snogged my then-boyfriend in 'straight' pubs.

I never called you a troll and I have never resorted to abuse. I await your apology...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Fuck off you lying troll.
    This is what I mean!
    An example of reasoned rational debate!!!!
  • Options
    The point is tommo is why it's ok to be more offended by gay couples than by straight couples.

I didnt say it was, I just said more people would be offended by it.

If you ran a local family pub you would take the same action (unless you wanted to be bankrupt within 6 months)
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Absolutely right Tommo, there are some people on this forum who just abuse around when someone happens to disagree with their trenchant views. They can't stand a contrary opinion and resort to personal abuse and mis-representation in order to silence people like you and me.

Says the king of selective quoting himself...

You've never provided an answer to 90% of the points I've put forward - all you've done is assert the 'it's not natural' line over and over again without a shred of justification.
  • Options
    A few people - wankers, frankly - would object, but no way 99%

I said 99% wouldnt be offended by a straight couple, I didnt give a percentage for gays.

Read my posts properly before you reply.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    This is what I mean!
    An example of reasoned rational debate!!!!
    An appropriate response, and the only one the following homophobic bullshit comment deserves:
    The hatred of gays the quiet majority retain
  • Options
    Ibex wrote:
    I've never had the slightest trouble from anyone because of my sexuality - and that includes occasions when I've snogged my then-boyfriend in 'straight' pubs.
    Thats disgusting behaviour in a public place, keep it to your queer bars or at home, we don't want to witness such goings-on thank you.
    Just because homosexuality has been legalised it seems they think they can breach normal standards of decency and offend a good many people in the process. It may be legalised but its not socially acceptable, and there is a difference!
  • Options
    You're actually taking the piss aren't you?
  • Options
    He's trolling- despite his protestations to the contrary.
  • Options
    I've never had the slightest trouble from anyone because of my sexuality - and that includes occasions when I've snogged my then-boyfriend in 'straight' pubs.

Well I dont now where you live but you wouldnt get away with that in any pub from my area :no:
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Thats disgusting behaviour in a public place, keep it to your queer bars or at home, we don't want to witness such goings-on thank you.
    Just because homosexuality has been legalised it seems they think they can breach normal standards of decency and offend a good many people in the process. It may be legalised but its not socially acceptable, and there is a difference!

If you're trying to get a 'outraged' reponse then you can do a lot better than this.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

Did this guy appear after Lukesh's banning?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    If you're trying to get a 'outraged' reponse then you can do a lot better than this.
    Listen for the last time I'm not trying to get any "outraged" response, I'm simply stating my views. The fact you don't agree with them is your problem, so don't take the easy option and throw cheap personal insults at me because they won't work!
  • Options
    Yes but Luke was gay himself.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Listen for the last time I'm not trying to get any "outraged" response, I'm simply stating my views. The fact you don't agree with them is your problem, so don't take the easy option and throw cheap personal insults at me because they won't work!

Where have I insulted you?
  • Options
    You're not stating your views as 'views' "Rich" Kid. You're telling lies and portraying untrue statements as fact.

You claim that a majority of people in this country share your homophobia and bigotry. They don't.

End of.

P.S. Personally I'm starting to believe that perhaps you need to come to terms with your sexuality. There is something you're not letting out somewhere...
  • Options
    There has been a continous underlying current of personal insults and calling me a "troll" from certain posters, all designed I know to distract and discourage me, but in fact it has the opposite effect.
  • Options
    RK you=twat tbh.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

Most people do not have a problem with it. Just because you are a bigot, don't assume that everyone else shares your views.

It is socially acceptable, but you won't face up to that fact!

Dare I ask what you would do about it, given the choice?

Tommo
    I said 99% wouldnt be offended by a straight couple, I didnt give a percentage for gays.

Read my posts properly before you reply.

My apologies for the misreading of your post, but my point stands. A small proportion of people find open homosexuality offensive, but not a great many. And frankly, if they want to be offended then that's their problem - as I said in my first post on the 'united in bigotry' thread, I'm not at all bothered about trampling on people's toes. If they don't like the fact I'm gay, then that's their problem and not mine - persoanlly, I think life's too short to worry about what other people get up to between the sheets.
  • Options
    persoanlly, I think life's too short to worry about what other people get up to between the sheets.

I said this to the first wife when she found me in bed with her sister. She didn't buy it though. I didn't even get a full shag either, so a lose/lose situation for me.

Oh and I have had sex in public but the coppers just told me to pack it in and move along, so it can't be that bad a thing to do.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I see nothing wrong with holding hands, a gentle kiss, but groping in public in an obvious starter to sex is in normal social environments unacceptable, and there is no need for it.
    If I'm having a drink or meal I just don't want to see overt sexual activity being performed in front of me - I think its done simply for the sake of embarrassing the people around them! Its just selfish exhibitionism.

have you never got carried away, and start ignorring everyone else
  • Options
    Ibex wrote:
    Most people do not have a problem with it. Just because you are a bigot
    I'm not a bigot. I've nothing against homosexuals as such, but as I've said previously, I don't want to see them engaging in sexual activity in public places like pubs & restuarants - there are queer bars and home for these kinds of activity. I believe its done simply as a form of exhibitionism, or as a "gay statement"!