Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is homophobia illegal?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If I'm in a pub or a restaurant I don't want to see a couple of lezzies getting it on in front of me - it may turn them on but they should keep this the privacy of their own place - same applies to straight couples!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    If I'm in a pub or a restaurant I don't want to see a couple of lezzies getting it on in front of me - it may turn them on but they should keep this the privacy of their own place - same applies to straight couples!
    correct!
  • Options
    But a straight couple won't get kicked out for it, and you wouldn't push for it, would you?

Dude, you really need to loosen up. If you find people expressing affection "offensive" then you have my sympathy... is your life really so cold and emotionless?
  • Options
    But a straight couple won't get kicked out for it, and you wouldn't push for it, would you?

Dude, you really need to loosen up. If you find people expressing affection "offensive" then you have my sympathy... is your life really so cold and emotionless?
    my life isnt "cold" or "emotionless"..but i hate to see it in public,its offensive!
  • Options
    Ever heard the phrase, "theres a time and a place for everything"? Bedroom activity whilst I'm enjoying a drink or is meal is not something I want to witness. You may as a voyeur!
    My life is full of passion but I don't need to show that in public as some sort of sign of "togetherness", its cheap and its insensitive to other people around.
  • Options
    Bloody hell fire I agree 100% with MoK on something.

I may have to have a lie down.

The sight of people of whatever sexual orientation in love is one of the greatest things you can witness. Theres too much hesitation and not enough lust and love as it is for god's sake without making people feel like outcasts.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    my life isnt "cold" or "emotionless"..but i hate to see it in public,its offensive!

A kiss is offensive?
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Bedroom activity whilst I'm enjoying a drink or is meal is not something I want to witness.

We're talking about two people kissing FFS

Repression is such a sad thing.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Why can't some homosexual couples just act like heterosexual couples in public places? We don't need a lot of public kissing and canoodling, that can be done at home in private. Its about time people had a sense of decency when they're in the public domain.

and now your bigotry shines through :impissed: . Because as we all know if your gay you do nothing but walk down the street jerking off your bf.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Bloody hell fire I agree 100% with MoK on something.

I may have to have a lie down.

I've spent all day in a room full of paint fumes. Once I get down from this high, I'm sure that normal service will be resumed ;):p
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    You may as a voyeur!

ah yes, because if someone wishes to have the same rules apply to gay couples as straights that makes them a voyeur. Your wild, off topic accusations are exemplary of people who share your political agenda.
  • Options
    obviously there is a line between expressing affection e.g. holding hands and kissing, and sticking your tongue down someone's neck..........in public there should be some level of decency, i wouldn't start groping a bird in public or shag someone in a park, it's common sense really. i can't comment on the specific situation cos i wasnt there.......

there was a thread on here awhile ago about a hotel owner who refused a gay couple a room, homophobic yes illegal no, he's well within his rights to decide who sleeps under his roof, same as the pub owner is entitled to say who drinks in his establishment.........same way straight people aren't allowed in some gay clubs, get over it go somewhere else.........people are entitled to their views, and naturally people will have differing views on what is acceptable, that's life.
  • Options
    A kiss is offensive?

We're talking about two people kissing FFS

Repression is such a sad thing.
    i'm not talking about the odd kiss,i'm talking about the all over each other,trying to prove a point type bullshit,that some couples try to make!
  • Options
    but complaining about people sucking face in public is a very different topic from discrimination.
  • Options
    What have i started?! :shocking:
  • Options
    but complaining about people sucking face in public is a very different topic from discrimination.
    it has nothing to do with discrimination,its just common decency,thats all!
  • Options
    a discussion...which was promptly high jacked by our token Neo-Con. :D
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    it has nothing to do with discrimination,its just common decency,thats all!

look man, the topic has to do with a gay couple getting kicked out of a bar for kissing. Now it is a given that both gay and straight couples make out in public places, and if you want to discuss that i suggest you find/make a thread about it. Because by complaining it in this thread your just making yourself out to be a raging homophobe (and i hope that aint the case).
  • Options
    look man, the topic has to do with a gay couple getting kicked out of a bar for kissing. Now it is a given that both gay and straight couples make out in public places, and if you want to discuss that i suggest you find/make a thread about it. Because by complaining it in this thread your just making yourself out to be a raging homophobe (and i hope that aint the case).
    oh dear,have you been reading the posts,or what? i'm certainly not a "raging" homophobe.the issue here is the landlords right,to kick out anyone that is causing offence to the rest of his customers!..gay or straight!..suddenly its a homophobic action,i think not!
  • Options
    i have been reading the thread, that's why i'm not trying to accuse you of being one, but you are making yourself out to be one by going into a thread about gay's kissing in public, and complaining about people kissing in public.

Look i'm with you on the "people shouldn't suck face in public places" thing, matter of fact i think we already sorted that out earlier in the thread.
  • Options
    i have been reading the thread, that's why i'm not trying to accuse you of being one, but you are making yourself out to be one by going into a thread about gay's kissing in public, and complaining about people kissing in public.

Look i'm with you on the "people shouldn't suck face in public places" thing, matter of fact i think we already sorted that out earlier in the thread.
    ok then,case closed. :)
  • Options
    This is just great - some one who does not like gays is branded a "phobic", implying some form of mental illness as there is no logical explanation for being scared of gays, prompting the left to bully these phobics, claiming this type of phobia should be made illegal, leaving me with no option but to bring up that wonderful mantra...What About Their Human Rights???

The hatred of gays the quiet majority retain will be made illegal right after Labour introduce The Thought Police.
  • Options
    I have to concede that I don't necessarily want to see people all over each other in pubs, but I also know it happens. Loads of couples do it. I've seen worse, to be honest, and I have kissed girls in public. I was in a club though and I do think there's a sort of separation between being in a club and a pub / bar. Maybe it's to do with the lighting? I dunno, does anyone else think of it like that?
  • Options
    Where do you drink? At the Adolph Hitler Arms?

Yeah Aladdin I do, I mean every single person who finds 2 gays kissing in public is an Adolf Hitler sympathiser, we all run around around yelling seig heil while trying to throw gays into the gas chambers, same as people who disagree with immigration innit, did you know they are all combat 18 members? What about the people who want tougher sentances for criminals? I think they are all NF members, Im sure you would agree.

Grow up, get your arse out the fantasy land and come join us in the real world.

Its seems you are prepared to label anyone with a different political opinion to you a nazi, shame you dont go to a few more of them gypsy camps, then you would see real homophobia and racism................ah,hhhhhhhhhhh but you stick up for them dont you? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Funny old world in cloud cuckoo land aint it? :yes:
  • Options
    off topic i know, but all this talk of Hitler remindes me of the theory that hitler himself was gay...never mind.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    I hate to see fat people kiss. It's like an elephant seal eating its young.

Old people kissing can be seen as offensive too.
  • Options
    I hate to see fat people kiss. It's like an elephant seal eating its young.

Old people kissing can be seen as offensive too.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Personally, I don't especially like seeing any couple sucking one another's faces (or anything else) in public. Showing affection, yes - all over one another, no.

That applies to straight and gay couples alike.

For those who think there's some sort of difference and that straight couples are okay to hold hands etc, but gay couples should not - well, frankly, go fuck yourselves! I'll hold hands with my boyfriend where the fuck I like, thankyou very much. If you've a problem with it, it's your problem not mine, so get over it. :rolleyes:

Born Slippy,
    The hatred of gays the quiet majority retain...

That 'quiet majority' lives only inside your own head: as long as it is there, you don't have to face up to the fact that the world has changed and people with bigoted opinions like your own are in a pitiful and declining minority.
  • Options
    I see nothing wrong with holding hands, a gentle kiss, but groping in public in an obvious starter to sex is in normal social environments unacceptable, and there is no need for it.
    If I'm having a drink or meal I just don't want to see overt sexual activity being performed in front of me - I think its done simply for the sake of embarrassing the people around them! Its just selfish exhibitionism.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    My friends a lesbian. She went out to a "straight" bar with her girlfriend and kissed her. Its what couples do! But apparantly not in that pub! She was thrown out by the bouncers, because it's "not that type of bar". This can't be legal surely? She's really upset about it now! Why should she have to change for people to accept her?

I think they should think them selves lucky they wernt gay blokes as they would have a much incresed chance of getting a good kicking
  • Options
    The hatred of gays the quiet majority retain
    Fuck off you lying troll.