Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is homophobia illegal?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote:
    Again, we are talking about a kiss not people having sex. Exaggerating the situation means your talking about something else and ignoring what people are actually discussing. If you want to discuss a completely different situation maybe you should discuss it in a different thread.
    What I'm saying is that a friendly welcoming or goodbye kiss is acceptable but full-on sexual activity is not. Just applying normal decent standards of behaviour in keeping with a public social environment.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    What I'm saying is that a friendly welcoming or goodbye kiss is acceptable but full-on sexual activity is not.

do you have understanding problems or something...no one is talking about full-on sexual activity...we're talking about a kiss...why mention something that doesn't need mentioning :confused:
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Again, we are talking about a kiss not people having sex. Exaggerating the situation means your talking about something else and ignoring what people are actually discussing. If you want to discuss a completely different situation maybe you should discuss it in a different thread.
    i wasnt trying to exaggerate the situation to justify my posts,my posts are relevant to the type of behaviour we see in pubs from both gay and straight people.this particular situation was just a kiss,fair enough,but the landloard knows what it can lead to,and doesnt want the rest of his customers to be offended.if his motives were homophobic,then he is wrong! i think you had to be there really,to judge the situation properly.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    do you have understanding problems or something...no one is talking about full-on sexual activity...we're talking about a kiss...why mention something that doesn't need mentioning :confused:
    A light kiss yes, a heavy tongue down throat job, no. Duration, a mere second.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Fuck off you lying troll.

Ever heard that saying 'dont feed the troll' ?

:yum:
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    A light kiss yes, a heavy tongue down throat job, no. Duration, a mere second.

You sound repressed. Ever considered therapy?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Thats disgusting behaviour in a public place, keep it to your queer bars or at home, we don't want to witness such goings-on thank you.
    Just because homosexuality has been legalised it seems they think they can breach normal standards of decency and offend a good many people in the process. It may be legalised but its not socially acceptable, and there is a difference!

You have said that straight couples as well as gay couples shouldn't be able to kiss in public. Yet if the post was about a straight couple kissing in a gay club no one would have had a problem with it. I myself do not have a problem with anyone kissing in public, why should I? It's a perfectly normal showing of affection between two people. I honestly think that you opress gay couples more than straight couples and you're using the fact that you apparently don't like straight couples doing it either as a cover up.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    full-on sexual activity is not.

At what point has full-on sex actually been an issue here?

Just because you are embarrassed by couples kissing doesn't make it wrong. I have a suspicion that Freud would have had a field day with you...
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    there is nothing "hyper sensitive" about not wanting to see people virtually having sex in a public place

But a kiss isn't virtually having sex now, is it?
    everyone keeps banging on about gay rights,but what about the rights of others,that should be able to go out for a drink without having this sort of behaviour rammed down our throats?

You have the right not to look, if you don't like it. You have the right to leave, if it offends you.

If this couple were on the floor, patrially naked and engaged in gential stimulation then I would agree, there is a time and place. But that simply isn't the case. This was a couple expressing their affection for each other by kissing.
    the slightest coment against this,and your all up in arms calling us "homophobes",its pathetic!

If the landlord threw out anyone who kissed, then it wouldn't be a gay rights issue. That he discriminated, makes it one.

Dress it up how you like, but homophobia was clearly evident.
  • Options
    You have said that straight couples as well as gay couples shouldn't be able to kiss in public. Yet if the post was about a straight couple kissing in a gay club no one would have had a problem with it. I myself do not have a problem with anyone kissing in public, why should I? It's a perfectly normal showing of affection between two people. I honestly think that you opress gay couples more than straight couples and you're using the fact that you apparently don't like straight couples doing it either as a cover up.
    you are missing the point on purpose,so that you can villify his opinion.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    you are missing the point on purpose,so that you can villify his opinion.

And what is your point? I think MoK just summed it up for you mate.
  • Options
    But a kiss isn't virtually having sex now, is it?

You have the right not to look, if you don't like it. You have the right to leave, if it offends you.

If this couple were on the floor, patrially naked and engaged in gential stimulation then I would agree, there is a time and place. But that simply isn't the case. This was a couple expressing their affection for each other by kissing.

If the landlord threw out anyone who kissed, then it wouldn't be a gay rights issue. That he discriminated, makes it one.

Dress it up how you like, but homophobia was clearly evident.
    how so? were you there?
  • Options
    And what is your point? I think MoK just summed it up for you mate.
    i think not.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    how so? were you there?

What I love is your denial, as if that makes things better.

Like I said, you can try and dress it up, try to claim that you would be offended if anyone kissed in a public place, but we all know that's bullshit.

Accept that you are homophobic, try to understand what it is that makes you feel like that. If it's anything other than fear of something which you do not understand, I would be very surprised.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i think not.

Well I think so. I haven't read all the thread but it's obvious that you're making it out to be a lot more than it was. It was a kiss, and that was all. Who says that would lead to anything else and who says that they were doing anything more than that? satehen said all it was was a kiss, nothing more. To me that's relatively harmless. And I think not isn't much of answer, you didn't say what or why.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    the landloard knows what it can lead to

FFS. How often do you see people fucking in a pub?
  • Options

It is because they are at it like rabbits in the toilets...

The ladies loo where i work have had the toilet broken 4 times in the last 3 months because people have being shagging in the loos :eek:
  • Options
    What I love is your denial, as if that makes things better.

Like I said, you can try and dress it up, try to claim that you would be offended if anyone kissed in a public place, but we all know that's bullshit.

Accept that you are homophobic, try to understand what it is that makes you feel like that. If it's anything other than fear of something which you do not understand, I would be very surprised.
    this is the point that pisses me off!..i have gay friend's,but they respect the fact that i am straight and dont start making out in my house just to prove a point,just as i wouldnt start making out with my girlfriend in their house.its got fuck all to do with "homophobia" its just common decency.i respect them as people that are my friends!
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    this is the point that pisses me off!..i have gay friend's,but they respect the fact that i am straight and dont start making out in my house just to prove a point,just as i wouldnt start making out with my girlfriend in their house.its got fuck all to do with "homophobia" its just common decency.i respect them as people that are my friends!

She wasn't kissing her girlfriend to make her point. It was showing affection. That's what couples do.
  • Options
    She wasn't kissing her girlfriend to make her point. It was showing affection. That's what couples do.
    it is clear you havent read all my posts
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    they respect the fact that i am straight and dont start making out in my house just to prove a point

Why would it be to make a point? I'd kiss a girlfriend at a friend's house. I'd refrain from shagging her in front of them.

That's rather irrelevant however as we're talking about a pub here. I've kissed a few girls in pubs and no one batted an eyelid as far as I remember...
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    dont start making out in my house just to prove a point

...and of course, we all know that homosexuals only kiss in public to "make a point"... :rolleyes:
    i have gay friend's

Why is it that so many bigots include, in an apparently attempt to justify their views, this kind of comment...?
  • Options
    Why would it be to make a point? I'd kiss a girlfriend at a friend's house. I'd refrain from shagging her in front of them.

That's rather irrelevant however as we're talking about a pub here. I've kissed a few girls in pubs and no one batted an eyelid as far as I remember...
    this is getting boring now,the odd kiss doesnt offend me!! i have allready said that!
  • Options
    ...and of course, we all know that homosexuals only kiss in public to "make a point"... :rolleyes:

Why is it that so many bigots include, in an apparently attempt to justify their views, this kind of comment...?
    why is it,that people like you try so desperately to make out someone is a "bigot" because they don't share your views?
  • Options

some people pay to see that sort of thing :naughty:
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    why is it,that people like you try so desperately to make out someone is a "bigot" because they don't share your views?

No desperation required, you show your homophobia cleary, as do others around here.

This isn't about not sharing my views, I accept that people hold different opinions. I can live with it, I'm tolerant you see.
  • Options

Unfortunately not nearly enough times.

To be honest when I was younger and single I remember paying good money to watch a lesbian floorshow.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    I remember paying good money to watch a lesbian floorshow.
    Hmmm, I'm a bit broke at the mo... :chin:
  • Options
    Unfortunately I'm now married with kids and I suspect my better half would be unforgiving.

That said if you any nekkid pics feel free to send them me by e-mail :thumb:

I'll get my coat...
  • Options
    No desperation required, you show your homophobia cleary, as do others around here.

This isn't about not sharing my views, I accept that people hold different opinions. I can live with it, I'm tolerant you see.
    "tolerant"?????.. :lol: what makes you think that?my gay friends will think you are talking shite!..they seem to be able to get on with me fine!
    your just being "p.c" to the point of stupidity!