Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Israel's commitment to the peace process: let's build 3,500 more homes in West Bank

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We? Who are you speaking for? Are you brash enough to think that you speak for everybody in England? Or are you speaking on behalf of anti-Semites? Are you part of a hateful, racist anti-Semitic group? Whatever the case you’re a fanatical extremist... :(

That is absolutely fair enough. I do not presume to speak for ALL England, and so i take that back. I always admit if i have said something wrong, since honesty is very important.
    Question: Am i an extremist?
    Answer: Yes, and it entirely depends on your very bizzare use of the word extreme which is abused in a big way these days.
    The word "extreme" and "extremism" are used by people like Bush in order to mean anyone who does not hold the same opinions as him, and thus their opinion is automatically invalid, and without any logic or common sense. Just shoot and ask no questions, right?!
    The question is "cannot extremism be good as well as bad?". Is being extremely honest wrong? Is being extremely modest wrong?! Is having an extreme dislike for abuse of power, torturing people and seeking to silence the critics of such behaviour as "anti-semetic" wrong? I appear to suffer from the last one EXTREMELY.
    Why is it that people like you always use the word "extreme" to mean something negative like terrorism?

I'll quote Bicom in response to the rest of your post:

"No comparison whatsoever can be made between the atrocities committed by the Nazis against the Jews and Israel's policies toward Palestinians. The Nazi's "final solution" to the "Jewish problem" was the deliberate and systematic extermination of European Jewry, which led to the premeditated murder of six million Jews. Israel, conversely, is fighting a war of self-defence, and wants to make peace with the Palestinians through a process of negotiation.

There could never be a systematic Israeli plan to persecute the Palestinian population. This sort of comparison is a vicious attempt to evoke emotional reactions through inflammatory rhetoric and it is offensive to Jewish people for whom the Holocaust is still a painful memory. Israel is committed to peace, and is working toward the goal of achieving a lasting peace with the Palestinians."

you can quote whoever you like to back up your side of the argument. Meanwhile i will quote my sources:

1)
    See website: The Public Committee Against Torture in Israel
    Until the High Court of Justice ruling of September 1999, Israel's security forces annually tortured hundreds of Palestinian detainees. According to official data the security forces interrogated approximately 23,000 Palestinians during the Intifada (1987-1993). The Public Committee Against Torture in Israel estimates that almost all the above detainees suffered from some form of torture during their interrogation.

2)An extract from TORTURE/ISRAEL
    TEXT: THE HIGH COURT'S REVIEW OF TACTICS BY ISRAEL'S SHIN BET SECURITY SERVICE BEGAN A DAY AFTER A SCATHING "AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL" STATEMENT SAID ISRAEL IS THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO ALLOW WHAT AMOUNTS TO "LEGALIZED TORTURE" BY ITS POLICE. ISRAEL DOES NOT CONTEST REPORTS THAT SHIN BET AGENTS HAVE USED TACTICS SUCH AS VIOLENT SHAKING, SLEEP DEPRIVATION, CONFINEMENT IN TINY SPACES, AND EXPOSURE TO HEAT AND COLD IN THEIR INTERROGATIONS OF MAINLY-PALESTINIAN SECURITY SUSPECTS.
    ///FELNER ACTUALITY/// WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT JUST EXCEPTIONAL CASES. ACCORDING TO OUR DATA, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT AT LEAST 850 PALESTINIANS A YEAR THAT ARE TORTURED. THE LATE PRIME MINISTER RABIN, A FEW MONTHS BEFORE HE WAS ASSASSINATED SAID PUBLICLY IN A RADIO INTERVIEW ON KOL (THE VOICE OF) ISRAEL THAT EIGHT THOUSAND PALESTINIANS WERE SUBJECTED TO THE METHOD OF INTERROGATION OF SHAKING. SO THIS IS NOT EXCEPTIONAL CASES. THIS A PATTERN. ///END ACT///
    MR. FELNER SAID "SHIN BET" EMPLOYS METHODS OF TORTURE AGAINST MORE THAN 80 PER CENT OF THE PALESTINIANS IT INTERROGATES. HE SAID MOST OF THE DETAINEES SUBJECTED TO ABUSE AS SO-CALLED "TICKING BOMB" SUSPECTS ARE RELEASED WITHOUT ANY CHARGES BEING FILED -- INDICATING THEY ARE INNOCENT OF ANY CRIME AND HAD NO VITAL INFORMATION TO GIVE THE AUTHORITIES.
    /// BEGIN OPT /// ISRAELI GOVERNMENT SPOKESMAN FOGEL SAID ISRAEL'S HUMAN RIGHTS DETRACTORS ARE USING A DOUBLE-STANDARD AND THAT A COUNTRY UNDER SIEGE FROM WOULD-BE TERRORISTS CANNOT BE EXPECTED TO BEHAVE LIKE A WESTERN COUNTRY WITH NO EXTERNAL THREATS: //OPT// ///SECOND FOGEL ACTUALITY/// WHAT REALLY UPSETS US THAT THERE ARE TWO STANDARDS BEING APPLIED HERE, EVEN BY AMNESTY (INTERNATIONAL). WHAT I HAVE TO TELL YOU IS THAT WESTERN DEMOCRACIES, IN SIMILAR SITUATIONS TO THAT WHICH ISRAEL FINDS ITSELF, HAVE USED SIMILAR METHODS. AND I THINK THAT THE PROPER STANDARD TO JUDGE ISRAEL IS, OF COURSE, BY WESTERN STANDARDS -- BUT WESTERN STANDARDS WHICH APPLY IN WARTIMES. IT STRAINS NOT JUST FAIRNESS, BUT LOGIC TO ASK ISRAEL, WHICH HAS KNOWN ONLY WAR FOR 50 YEARS OF ITS EXISTENCE, TO ACT LIKE A WESTERN COUNTRY AT PEACE.
    ///END ACT/// B'TSELEM'S EITAN FELNER -- HOWEVER -- SAID OTHER COUNTRIES HAVE MANAGED TO UPHOLD HUMAN RIGHTS STANDARDS WHILE CONFRONTING TERRORISTS. HE SAID THAT WHILE ISRAELI OFFICIALS DRAW A PARALLEL BETWEEN THEIR FIGHT AGAINST PALESTINIAN TERROR AND BRITAIN'S STRUGGLE IN NORTHERN IRELAND, BRITAIN DID NOT MAKE ABUSE OF PRISONERS THE NORM:
  • Options
    May I ask how you place suicide bombers and their supporters?

Yes very simple. I had a raging argument with an ex-communist scottish newly converted muslim who argued that we muslims hve been ordered to kill ALL Jews and that they are all scum, etc etc etc. He quoted what is called a hadith to back up his argument of suicide bombing. A hadith for those who do not know is where somebody heard the Prophet (pbuh) get asked a question, and he (pbuh) replied whatever his reply was. Exactly like the gospels of the Bible. It is not the words of Prophet Jesus (pbuh) because otherwise it would be one long speech after another, but the gospel of "Matthew", "Mark", "Luke" and "John" are more description of what he(pbuh) wore, went and what he said when somebody asked him a question. Hence why it is not the "Gospel" of the Prophet Jesus(pbuh) but a merely hadith.
    There are weak hadith with only one person who famously knew the Prophet(pbuh) and whose word is trusted narrating that he said this that and the other. The strong hadith have to have a minimum of FOUR people who narrated that the prophet (pbuh) said what he said. Narrated by only one person means it is regarded as very unreliable and untrustworthy, thus no-one pays much attention to it.
    To the point: The hadith he mentioned was a weak and very unreliable hadith sa far as i am aware. Its called the spear hadith. A muslim arab was fighting a pagan arab, and the pagan arab stabbed the other with his spear. Mortally wounded, the muslim arab pulled himself along the spear, thereby guartantee that he would unquestionably die, and stabbed and killed his opponent. The Prophet (pbuh) said that the man had not committed suicide, and thus had not gone to Hellfire.

This is the very crap reasoning behind the justification by muslims who are extraordinarially ignorant of their religion to give credance to suicide bombing in Israel or wherever.

We have rules for war in a way which Christians for example do not. The christians set up the Geneva conventions after WW2, to make sure behaviour like that never happened again, but continues to happen in every european colonial war since, and with America in Vietnam and beyond. They are merely conventions, that is it. A convention is not a law.

Muslim laws clearly state that it is totally unlawful and you will be punished by God Almighty if you do any of the following:
    1)Kill children. All children are muslim until they hit pubity. God has made it clear that amongst the things that He will never forgive is the slaughtering of an innocent muslim who harmed none. All Jewish, Hindu, Sikh, Christian ect children are muslim below the age of pubity. You can kill them if you like, but Hellfire is a real bastard.
    2)Do not kill the elderly.
    3)Women
    4)Anyone not attacking you
    5)You are absolutely not allowed to use fire. Fire is God's weapon, not that of a muslim. We are not allowed to burn people at all. You can use a gun, a sword, even a extra large pencil, just not fire. so why anyone would use a bomb is anybodys guess. Most people who recover from bombs have serious burns over a large section of their body.
    6)You are not allowed to commit suicide. This has been made very clear in all 3 books (Torah, Gospel, Qur'an), and doing so means Hell.
    7)You are not allowed to torture anyone for any reason. Also you have to treat your captives well (give them fresh water, proper sleep, and feed them the same food that you eat yourself-therefore if i were to take you captive, then if i am eating chicken curry then so are you. I dont give the the shit out of the bottom of a barrel.)

Being a muslim means that you follow the laws without question (that is literally what it means: "to submit"), and behaving otherwise calls into question your status of a muslim. Certainly the hypocrites who profess Islam and then behave in such a manner as to drive people from the religion have been promised Hell by God, and they go to the lowest depth of Hell as a punishment of what they used to do. There are many hadith of the Prophet(pbuh) which are authentic (as in they as narrated by 4 people who all agree with one another and are recorded by Sahih Al-Bakhari or Sahih Muslim).
    One of them is that if you commit suicide with a piece of iron, then the very same piece of iron will be brought to punish you in Hellfire. Another is mulim who fought in many battles with the Prophet(pbuh) against the pagans and was very badly injured in one of them. He killed himself during the night because he could not take the pain of his injuries, and the Prophet(pbuh) said he had died outside the religion (disbeliever).
    I hope that helps.
    In short, i condemn it utterly, and if you do so, then obviously you have died outside Islam, ie you will go to Hell. God is the Judge not me, so i cannot say for sure, because otherwise i would be passing a judgement on their sentence before God has done so, thereby making myself the Judge which is very unadvisable. But my small knowledge is that they are in deep shit.
  • Options
    I need to mention the second part of his argument about killing ALL Jews. This was not the behaviour of the prophet(pbuh) who treated the Jews and the Christians very well, seeing as they are "People of the Book", and this is not in anyway what we are asked. some of them he expelled from Arabia because they sided with the Pagans after swearing a treaty with the Muslims and then deliberately betraying them, trying to engineer a double attack from them and the pagans at once. The Qur'an says that there are good Jews who hold fast to what God ordered them(honesty, obedience, worshipping none but Him, etc), and says that hatred of a group of people should not make you behave with injustice and transgression. I dont call for hate of all Jews like what whathisface on this site thinks, but i do bloody well reserve the right to criticise any bastard who shoots children, and steals land etc