Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Israel's commitment to the peace process: let's build 3,500 more homes in West Bank

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nothing "racist" about his comments. First off Judaism isnt a race it's a religion (and "Israeli" is a nationality). Secondly his comments, which our resident Zionist-indoctrinated apologists have again unsurprisingly refused to address with any substantive application of moral consistency, demonstrate quite poignantly the refusal (we so regularly see from Jacq and Dis) of Zionists to apply consistency of moral principle to the heinous ethnocide and apartheid perpetrated by Israel against the rightful and long dispossessed inhabitants of the land just as it was done to the victims of Nazism generations ago.

No indoctrination - just common sense :)

I bet it pisses you off immensly that we are the future (and a strong one at that), while you deal with your fishing quotas...
  • Options
    Nothing "racist" about his comments. First off Judaism isnt a race it's a religion (and "Israeli" is a nationality).

Debateable whether Judaism is a race or a religion. You can certainly have Jews who are not religious, but still see themselves (and are seen by others) as Jews. Also he wasn't refering to Israel (which consists of Jews and non-Jews btw), but Jews specifically - whether or not they lived in Israel (and in fact lumped together all Jews as supporters of Israel - which isn't the case). Now he could have been basing his criticism of Judaism if he'd been referring to their religious practices (eg not eating Pork), but he's not. If you don't find it racist I'd hate to see what you do defining as racism.

Secondly his comments, which our resident Zionist-indoctrinated apologists have again unsurprisingly refused to address with any substantive application of moral consistency, demonstrate quite poignantly the refusal (we so regularly see from Jacq and Dis) of Zionists to apply consistency of moral principle to the heinous ethnocide and apartheid perpetrated by Israel against the rightful and long dispossessed inhabitants of the land just as it was done to the victims of Nazism generations ago.

I don't think you have to be a supporter of Israel to say that the moral link between the deliberate extermination of 6 million people and an occupation (no matter how brutal at times) are not morally comparable. If you can point me to Israeli death camps where Palestinians children, old people and the handicapped are killed straight away and the remainder are starved, worked to the point of exhaustion and then killed I may change my view (and before you point to an example where IDF have illegally killed a couple of children can I say don't bother - they are no-where near morally the same)

The parallels of group oppression, expulsion, confiscation of property, murder, rape, and insitutionalised dehumanisation are perfectly clear and have already been cited (with references) from the lips of Israel's own successive leaders.

Rape? Have you examples of institutional rape? Or are you just making it up because its a particually heinous crime and you want to paint Israel in as bad a light as possible. If you do, why not go to the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion and you could add such crimes as eating babies to your list
  • Options
    Debates about Israel are always stupid :chin: because everyone is always set in their ways. One of the arguments I see a lot though and will not accept is that Israel is fighting a war of self defence so they are justified. That's what America was doing in Iraq, which is officially an illegal war. Just because you act under the pretense of self defense doesn't make it excusable. I could kill everyone in the world because I'm afraid they're going to mug me. Extreme example, I hope you don't take it out of context, but I'm just saying.

Anyway, it's not really about the faults of Israel all the time, because that's what we always get down to. Israel are building houses in Palestinian land Why? Who knows. Lets talk about what the Palestinians have done wrong. Well, as a state, I'm not sure if they even officially exist, but lots of individuals have just gone on blowing up bombs.

I guess it comes down to the cancer argument - you have a growth that could be cancer (and therefore lethal) so you remove it. I think both sides see the other as this potential growth, I bet you could put a Palestinian and an Israeli in the same room - any two picked at random - and if you didn't tell them who the other was they'd probably get on just fine. It's a stupid mindset both people's have that have led to this conflict - that the other side is different. They're all bloody human beings.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    I bet it pisses you off immensly that we are the future (and a strong one at that), while you deal with your fishing quotas...

What are you referring to here? I see this as nothing more than a provocative comment that aids none to the debate. Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but it does come off as a "we're better than you".
  • Options
    Don't deal with fishing quotas Jacq, nor do I work for the EU Institutions, so once again your evasions fall flat.

As for you being the future, that fact does cause despair, since you have learned nothing from the past and even go so far as to convince yourself of the legitimacy of revisionist Zionist myths and lies.

NQA, You speak of scope, I speak of consistency of "principle", if you cannot grasp the quite recognisable consistency of dehumanisation and brutality of an entire people for the advancement of the claims of an ideology, then you need some remedial work in logic. Zionism is inherently as guilty as Nazism in that regard.

Oh, and I'd do some research if you think its only a few hundred purposely and callously killed by Zionists since they first set their designs on the well populated and legally owned Arab lands of Palestinian beginning at the turn of the 20th Century.

Dis, whilst you wallow in the lies you so love, I leave you with the words of another Israeli leader which emphasize the true nature of the Zionist agenda...
    “Neither Jewish morality nor Jewish tradition can be used to disallow terror as a means of war... We are very far from any moral hesitations when concerned with the national struggle. First and foremost, terror is for us a part of the political war appropriate for the circumstances of today...”

— Yitzhak Shamir
    Israeli Prime Minister, Zionist terrorist
    in an August 1943 article titled “Terror”, written for Hazit
    the journal of Lehi, the terrorist organization he belonged to

And that having been stated before the state itself existed for your claim to have any bearing whatsoever. Israelis are just as accountable for crimes against humanity as anyone they dare point a finger at; perhaps more so for having themselves been on the receiving end and daring to excuse themselves when they perpetrate the same upon others, to any degree.

Many decent and truly moral Anti-Zionist Jews recognise that fact.
  • Options
    I think it's important to think of Israel as a new nation, and not always make a special case of it because of WW2, whether that's a special case as to why it should get away with things or a special case as to why it should be held accountable because they were at the receiving end of the atrocities. WW2 is over, thank god, yet we seem to determined to drag the worst aspects of it for over 60 years. Don't forget what happened, not at all, but we shouldn't use that to justify what happens today, or tomorrow. Everyone is an individual and should be held accountable for their own actions. If Israel are building homes on other people's land - they should be held accountable, no exception. If Israeli soldiers kill innocent Palestinians they should be held accountable - regardless of Palestinian agression towards Israel.
  • Options
    Oh, and I'd do some research if you think its only a few hundred purposely and callously killed by Zionists since they first set their designs on the well populated and legally owned Arab lands of Palestinian beginning at the turn of the 20th Century.

That would be legally owned by the Turks, then?

Feel please free to give your intepretation on the history of Zionism and Israel. How else are us lessers to worship at the your feet if you don't tell us the truth...
  • Options
    No NQA, Again you demonstrate that you know nothing of the history of Palestine. The Turks allowed for private legal ownership of the land by those who inhabited it. Over 750,000 Palestinians were driven from their legally owned lands, towns, villages by Zionist militancy and terror squads (see: Irgun, Stern Gang, Hagannah)

And once again, thank you for showing how similarly you can gloss over the time consuming efforts of those with whom you claim you wish to "discuss" the issue by posting inane and snide offhand quips. Learning from Mat well obviously.

The true history is not "mine" to give you. Go read some of the many scholarly works on the matter like I and many others have done if you wish to comprehend the truth behind the revisionism of mainstream media.
  • Options
    Though you should be capable enough to do your own research, I will err towards deeming you lazy enough and smug enough not to bother searching for yourself.

Therefore, I list below some recommended reading for you and anyone else who wishes to enlighten themselves to the truth behind this neverending struggle...

The Question of Palestine
    by Edward W. Said
    Vintage Books 1992; ISBN 0-679-73988-2

Expulsion of the Palestinians:
    The Concept of ‘Transfer’ in Zionist Political Thought, 1882-1948
    by Nur Masalha
    Institute for Palestine Studies 1992; ISBN 0-887-28242-3

All That Remains:
    The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948
    by Walid Khalidi (Editor)
    Institute for Palestine Studies 1992; ISBN 0-887-28224-5

Conquest Through Immigration:
    How Zionism Turned Palestine Into a Jewish State
    by George W. Robnett
    ASIN B00005VON9

The Founding Myths of Israel
    by Ze’ev Sternhell, Israeli historian
    Princeton University Press; ISBN 0-691-00967-8

‘Democracy’ in Israel
    by Norman F. Dacey
    ISBN 0-911-03868-X

The Rise and Fall of Palestine:
    A Personal Account of the Intifada Years
    by Norman G. Finkelstein
    University of Minnesota Press 1996; ISBN 0-816-62859-9

Zionism in the Age of Dictators
    by Lenni Brenner
    Lawrence Hill & Co; ISBN 0-882-08163-2

The Making of the Arab Israeli Conflict 1947-51
    by Ilan Pappe
    I B Tauris & Co Ltd; ISBN 1-850-43819-6

Not that I expect you to bother obtaining or reading any of them, presumption and myth are always far easier to reinforce in the unquestioning mind, just turn on the tv set or pick up the tabloids and enjoy the pablum.
  • Options

Booklist

The one issue I have with them, quickly skimming over them, is that they seem to have a pro palestinian bias. I think it would be more suitable doing readings from educated peoples on both sides of the debate arguing either way - whether that's for more help for Palestine through diplomacy or whether Palestine needs help policing itself.
  • Options
    Don't deal with fishing quotas Jacq, nor do I work for the EU Institutions, so once again your evasions fall flat.

So I guess that my claims actually hold as much validity as yours :)

Do you want a reading list helping the cause of Israel? I really gave you too much credit if you think that producing such a list makes your words more true.

Zion, Zion, Zion, Zion...
  • Options
    Again, more blather from the willfully self deceived.

The day you can match the authors of those works for depth of research, extent of professional experience and international recognition of scholarship is the day you can lay any claim to credibility.

But you keep believing mommy and daddy's bedtime stories, its obviously much easier on your frail young mind.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    So I guess that my claims actually hold as much validity as yours :)

Do you want a reading list helping the cause of Israel? I really gave you too much credit if you think that producing such a list makes your words more true.

Zion, Zion, Zion, Zion...

Israel doesn't need that much help though, Israel's been a state there for at least 30 years now, and it's not going to get wiped off the face of the earth is it? Zionism, by my understanding, is the movement for the creation of a Jewish state. Now we have a Jewish state, why is the Zionist agenda still pushed when there is clearly no risk of losing it (especially with America at its backs).

I am just confused by people saying they want a Jewish homeland when there already is one...
  • Options
    Oh dear Clandestine - perhaps your view of balance disagrees with mine, but you don't think that some of these books only present one side of the argument. I'm sure I'd agree with your views if I read only one side.

And what makes you think I've got my views from the tabloids (especially given that much of the UK media is not particually biased towards the Palestinian side).

Though at least this time I disagreed with you i'm not refered to as a Sheeple - which is an improvement of sorts I suppose.
  • Options
    Ah the expected excuse for avoiding any attempt at even reading the works provided for you.

If you examine the list and bothered to research the authors, you'd find more than sufficient credibility to assuage your ridiculous claim. Also, if you had any intellectual honesty whatsoever, youd note that most of those listed are Jewish themselves.

But like I said before, its clearly easier for the slothful mind to seek justifications rather than pursue open enquiry. Rest easy in the myths.
  • Options
    Back on topic, because I haven't found any releveant responses to do with it yet...

What is the justification for Israel building these homes, especially at such a sensitive time?
  • Options
    Again, more blather from the willfully self deceived.

The day you can match the authors of those works for depth of research, extent of professional experience and international recognition of scholarship is the day you can lay any claim to credibility.

But you keep believing mommy and daddy's bedtime stories, its obviously much easier on your frail young mind.

Seriously, what is your problem? Why do you thrive on being such a pain?

Of course people who have written the books I'd advertise will never get recognition from you. Fuck their experience, education and work - they support Israel. There is no reason discussing with you as you have proved yourself to be as one sided as I am, on so many occasions :)
    You are no better than a 19 year old Zionist indoctrinated JAP. So, how does it feel?
  • Options
    I wouldn't know how it feels to be an indoctrinated 19 old JAP, I stick to documented non-ideological fact rather than self-excusatory fiction.
  • Options
    Ah the expected excuse for avoiding any attempt at even reading the works provided for you.

If you examine the list and bothered to research the authors, you'd find more than sufficient credibility to assuage your ridiculous claim. Also, if you had any intellectual honesty whatsoever, youd note that most of those listed are Jewish themselves.

But like I said before, its clearly easier for the slothful mind to seek justifications rather than pursue open enquiry. Rest easy in the myths.

Cause I can't find Arabs, Palestinians or Muslims who would support my case? Joke.

Whatever you direct towards me, goes exactly for you too darling.
  • Options
    Back on topic, because I haven't found any releveant responses to do with it yet...

What is the justification for Israel building these homes, especially at such a sensitive time?
    As far as I can tell, there has never been any jusitifcation, ever. Much as I hate to come down on one side when it comes to the middle east.
  • Options
    Er never said I wasn't going to read them. Funnily enough I shall probably try and get some out of the library - because even though its a rather biased list I'm sure indivdually many of them are of great worth Edward Said, for example, is (or rather was) a well respected advocate for Palestinian rights and I have heard several people I respect (not you just to make it clear) recommend him.

However by only going for a certain selection of books which represent only one side you are less likely to reach the 'truth' (whatever that means in historical terms) that a broad selection which covers both sides of the argument. I would actually have respected you if you had said and 'oh to provide another view here is acccount which gives another side of the argument'

Please do not mistake the fact that people disagree with you for stupidity on their part.
  • Options
    I wouldn't know how it feels to be an indoctrinated 19 old JAP, I stick to documented non-ideological fact rather than self-excusatory fiction.

And apparently you read what you want to read, and not what's written either. You're dragging yourself down on my low level.
    Omg, what a joyous time we can have together here in the pits of ignorance reserved for Zionist JAPS like me, and fishing analysists like you :hyper: :wave:
  • Options

Maale Edumim, if that's what you're refering to, is seen as truly Israeli. By placing people there, they're securing that town. So it's strategic really. Whatever you like it or not.
  • Options
    Difference being Jacq, that you will only cite authors who are recognised adherents to ideology before factual truth. Your veiled reference to Joseph Farrah (a long exposed rabid right wing Zionist-Christian ideologue) being a case in point.

The authors I have cited place scholarship and fact first and foremost and whilst exposing the lies of Zionism they do not advocate the eradication of the State of Israel. Your preferred authors (if there be much beyond citations from likudnik The Jerusalem Post) all begin and end with blind adherence to and defence of Israel at all cost and irrespective of its apartheid, ethnocidal perpetuation.

If you had any true desire to learn rather than simply and continually justify your naive hand me down beliefs, you'd be far more self critical of those beliefs and perhaps even dare to challenge them by seeking out and reading the listed works.

Perhaps another few decades of unresolved conflict will open your eyes to the truth you so vehemently deny in your present youthful beligerence.
  • Options
    Difference being Jacq, that you will only cite authors who are recognised adherents to ideology before factual truth. Your veiled reference to Joseph Farrah (a long exposed rabid right wing Zionist-Christian ideologue) being a case in point.

That wasn't me :)
    The authors I have cited place scholarship and fact first and foremost and whilst exposing the lies of Zionism they do not advocate the eradication of the State of Israel. Your preferred authors (if there be much beyond citations from likudnik The Jerusalem Post) all begin and end with blind adherence to and defence of Israel at all cost and irrespective of its apartheid, ethnocidal perpetuation.

Again, an unfounded claim. You analyst experience shines through. Maybe I shall blame all the fuck ups in the EU on the likes of you who clearly don't know how to do their jobs?
    If you had any true desire to learn rather than simply and continually justify your naive hand me down beliefs, you'd be far more self critical of those beliefs and perhaps even dare to challenge them by seeking out and reading the listed works.

Perhaps another few decades of unresolved conflict will open your eyes to the truth you so vehemently deny in your present youthful beligerence.

Nice wish for the future.
    Most normal people wish for peace and good health.
  • Options
    {QUOTE]Maale Edumim, if that's what you're refering to, is seen as truly Israeli[/QUOTE]

Not according to legal deed of ownership and International Law it isnt. Just more smug ideological lies, which will keep this conflict going as Israel refuses to be held accountable for its crimes. Same as it has been for more than a half century.
  • Options
    {QUOTE]Maale Edumim, if that's what you're refering to, is seen as truly Israeli

Not according to legal deed of ownership and International Law it isnt. Just more smug ideological lies, which will keep this conflict going as Israel refuses to be held accountable for its crimes. Same as it has been for more than a half century.[/QUOTE]
    Who the fuck was refering to the "legal deed of ownership and International Law"? As I said last time this is according to the average Israeli.
    Focuse here...
  • Options
    Too dense to comprehend my previous statement that I do not work for the EU? Apparently so.

And the latter point is no wish for the future, but rather a recognition of its inevitability based on the same illegal behaviour I've watched Israel pursuing for longer than you've been alive.

Perhaps one day youll even wake up to the reality that it's Israel and its leaders who are behind every derailed attempt at peace, not the Palestinians. Peace means letting go, opening up (i.e. to true pluralism and social justice) and compromising, something that Zionist ideology cannot accept.
  • Options
    Yes, I am too dense. Really stupid too. Plainly described as thick.
    Know the best thing about it though? You still feel the need to engage in discussion with me, so apparently I am not doing everything wrong ;)
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Maale Edumim, if that's what you're refering to, is seen as truly Israeli. By placing people there, they're securing that town. So it's strategic really. Whatever you like it or not.

But it's not about securing the town. It's about Peace. They are jeopordising the peace process for the sake of a town. I'm looking around for a map of the area, can't find one.

As for the average Israeli - what about the average Palestinian? I'm by no means saying you personally are accountable, but can't you see that at a time like this, this is nothing but a defiant gesture for all the extreme Zionists that there will never be a compromise. In politics it doesn't come down to the practicalities of the people who are going to live in their homes - it's all about symbolism and gestures.