Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Radical Christian group to target abortion clinics

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    even if a women has no problem with abortion, it's a set belief of hers, there'll be a moment, even if it's just a split second where the reality hits you...it must be horrible .
    How do you know that? And what do you mean by `The reality hitting you`? Do you mean the reality of ending a pregnancy?
    Im a bit confused here about what you think I was supposed to feel after my abortion, because I dont think there is a universal truth.
  • Options
    Possibly, we all have different ways of dealing with things. I think its more likely she either hadnt had an abortion at all and was just saying she had as a warped kind of way of getting respect, or maybe she`d had one or two but wasnt particularly traumatised so was just talking about it without shame.
    I had one and Im not ashamed. I never regretted it for a minute.

I'm sorry - I in no way intended to suggest that remorse was a necessary reaction. lukesh painted a pretty extreme picture, and I wanted to point out that there are other possible explanations why someone might act like in such an extreme way, whilst at the same noting that I had some doubts about the validity of his interpretation of what was going on.

Ultimately, I wanted to make the point that it is wrong to decide a whole issue on the basis of one persons reaction, and that responses differ among individuals.

I fully support a womans right to choose abortion, and am strongly against any kind of backlash against that choice.
  • Options
    Turlough, some women are gutted, some women put on a brave face, and some women don't care.

Now I can see Luke is trying to backtrack away from his stated belief, but that doesn't mean he's suddenly seen that he's wrong. I want to know from him why he gets "angry" at girls "laughing about it".
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    they will ban me if they don't then its strange.

if peopel understood me a bit more than none of this would happen.

the fact you've nearly managed to get to 7000 posts without getting banned is strange..........and people don't understand you, because you rarely make sense........think before you type, and read your post over before you make a fool of yourself next time, if there is a next time.
  • Options
    and some women do care, are aware of the procedure they had done, but are OK with it.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    god help you if a muslim or christian comes these boards. you say my view on abortion is mad....
    Weve debated abortion with Pro-lifers/anti-choicers here before and its been fine. Its perfectly possible to have a civilised debate when people have completely opposing views.
    Oh and by the way, not all Christians and Muslims are intolerant of others decisions. WHy do you assume that all people of a certain religion will be anti abortion.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    god help you if a muslim or christian comes these boards. you say my view on abortion is mad....
    too late, I'm already here. Shut up, you don't have a bloody clue.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    gordon fucking be ...luke ...no one understands your points of view cos you simply refuse to debate!
    you make a statememnt then don't say why you see things in a certain way ...why you believe certain things.
    kermit has asked you over and over to explain.
    your spelling isn't an issue luke ...your total lack of comprehension is the problem as is your defiant refusal to debate ...as is your childish outbursts about killing people.
    your a plank.
    go away.
  • Options
    How do you know that? And what do you mean by `The reality hitting you`? Do you mean the reality of ending a pregnancy?
    Im a bit confused here about what you think I was supposed to feel after my abortion, because I dont think there is a universal truth.

well i did say i couldn't judge or blame someone because i'm not a women and i've never had one, i know there is no universal truth i just assumed that you couldn't have an abortion without having some sort of negative emtional response at some stage, dunno though, i must be wrong then. i'm not saying there's nothing wrong with abortions or anything, just empathizing with the situation from my perspective.
  • Options
    Well goodbye man, to be honest I'm sorry we had to ban you but life goes on
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    too late, I'm already here. Shut up, you don't have a bloody clue.

ditto, stop generalising luke.
  • Options
    Bye Luke, have a good life.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    well i did say i couldn't judge or blame someone because i'm not a women and i've never had one, i know there is no universal truth i just assumed that you couldn't have an abortion without having some sort of negative emtional response at some stage, dunno though, i must be wrong then. i'm not saying there's nothing wrong with abortions or anything, just empathizing with the situation from my perspective.
    well its not a nice thing to go through, thats for sure. I did have a rather hormonal time afterwards which is normal, and the same thing happens after childbirth. I never felt I did the wrong thing, I just did what I did.
    Other people have different reactions, I have a friend who maintains she regrets her abortion to this day, Ive got another friend who Ive recently supported through two abortions in the space of a year and she doesnt regret what she did, she just feels unlucky that she fell pregnant twice. My mum had an abortion and she never regretted hers. 1 in 3 women have had an abortion or will have one, yet theres still such a stigma. Most people just get on with their lives.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Thank God for that.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:

apparently right isn't always the right way in luke's case
  • Options
    Abortion is never a good thing, and in an ideal world people will only get pregnant when they want to. But it's not an ideal world.

Eventually people move on, though some people move on quicker and more effectively than others. I know people who are very close to me who've had abortions and it is with a tinge of sadness that they realise their baby would be starting school now, even though they don't regret it.

It's a shame I never will get a straight answer off Luke.
  • Options
    Ahh ya know luke'll be back.

RETURN OF THE NATION'S FUCKIAN SAVIOUR!!
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    god help you if a muslim or christian comes these boards.
    Abortion is somethng that I personally feel uncomfortable about. But I agree with much of what Kermit says as he talks about this not being an ideal world. I was offended by much of what Luke has said. In particular, I was disgusted to see him saying.
    lukesh wrote:
    I know a girl who had abortion after abortion and kept telling people like it was something that was fun.
    This comment was indefensible and revolting.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    They are pretty much wasting their time to be honest.
    Agreed, and they know it. They just want it to seem like they're actually doing something.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    what was the main reason?
  • Options
    people are given warnings before they are banned, there has been much discussion time and time again, when an absolute final warning is given as a last resort we have to act on what we have said we must do
  • Options
    dear lord ive not ben around much these past few days

looks like i have missed all the fun!
  • Options
    Luke is obviously a very troubled individual.

I wish i could have explained to him, face to face, the situation. I don't think he was a person suited to message board debate.

I think he did what a lot of young people do when pushed into a proverbial intellectual corner.

However, for the sake of decent debate, i think it's best he's gone.
  • Options
    Anyway, back to the topic...

Anyone fancy picketing Christian Voice? Perhaps a harrassment campaign ... ?
  • Options
    Do they have a web page or something?

My friend at work was followed in the park by Crazy Lady telling her that God and Jesus would forgive her if she resigned the next day :lol:
  • Options
    I'm going to send rocks to them without a stamp on.

The only good pro-lifer is a dead pro-lifer.
  • Options
    I take a deep offence to that Kermit.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm going to send rocks to them without a stamp on.

The only good pro-lifer is a dead pro-lifer.
    the spirit of lukesh lives on!
  • Options
    If a person is harrassing people because of a deeply personal choice, then that person is vile.

I have no problem with believing that abortion is wrong, it is when you try and scare people into agreeing with you then I have the problem.

In this context, pro-lifer means the mysogynistic nutters at Christian Voice et al.