Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Feminist Trap

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Feminism pretends to be about giving women equal opportunity in the workplace when in fact it's devoted to discouraging women from seeking fulfillment in motherhood. 47% of 40-something career women have no children, consequently birthrates are falling to all time lows. Russia's popluation for example is expected to plumet from 145 million to 115 m. by 2015.

We live in a culture that doesn't admit women need sex just as much as men, if not more. Women are put on romantic pedestals and feminists deny women need men for anything.....women are made to feel guilty for needing men, and told they are weak or lacking in self-esteem.

Love is horribly confused with sex and "sexual liberation" has led to millions of people using sex to satisfy their cravings for love, like addicts.

Western woman are dysfunctional because society tells them to be strong and independent, but this behaviour is masculine and unattractive to men (on the whole), who feel redundant so both sexes are frustrated.

All successful organisations are hierarchical and the heterosexual family is male dominated. Promoting equality only destroys this, which is what our culture is doing. Anyone care to guess why?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    47% of 40-something career women have no children

It may be because they don't want them?

I'm sorry if anyone has to feel frustrated because of my 'dysfunctional' behaviour but I have plans, and I'm lucky enough that I have a say in the matter, and can choose which paths I decide to take.

Whoever feels frustrated with that might benefit from a trip back to Stepford.
  • Options
    i don't think you understand, millions of people are suffering arrested development because of feminism, which has poisoned heterosexual relations, don't get me wrong i'm aware how outlandish this will appear to some but we have all been carefully socially engineered to think feminism is right and just........

feminists say they want to stop sexism, meaning social discrimination on the basis of sex. In practice, this means denying there are any natural differences between men and women, which is bollocks.

the essence of masculinity is power, that's what women respond to.......just as men are drawn to vulnerabilities in women, we want to protect them.....

to equalise power is to eliminate sexual distinction. I'm not saying women are to be taken for granted or any less important, but our roles are very different. There is no such thing as "equality" in power.........the male-female dynamic is for woman to entrust worldly power to her husband, which he uses to make her happy.

Women have a limited opportunity to start a family (approx 12 years). Millions have been duped into concentrating on a career instead of a husband, believing they can have it all when in fact you can't, you have to choose between love and power.
  • Options
    Again, you are confusing femnism with something TOTALLY different.
  • Options
    While I agree that you have things muddled, what would you suggest as a practical solution?
  • Options
    am i fiend? confusing it with what? they are two sides of the same coin........the official stance for feminism is commendable, but that is not the real purpose, which is what must be realised....

if you trace the roots of feminism back to the 60's, this is when the media invented the notion that women were oppressed and exploited by men........do you honestly think it would take mankind 2000 years to work it out and do something about it if there was really a problem......the role of women was never as rigid as we were led to believe......back then women were free to pursue a career if they wanted to, it's just their roles as mothers and wives were accepted, and socially validated.....

feminism proposes that are inherent characteristics which make us male and female are mere stereotypes, which is designed to create chaos and confusion......millions of men have become emasculated and many women are temperamentally unfit to be mothers and wives.......
  • Options
    You are genuinly talking crap.
  • Options
    and you are geniunely naive about how the world really works.....
  • Options
    menwork5mr.jpg
  • Options
    Originally posted by apollo_69
    and you are geniunely naive about how the world really works.....

Do you know how the world really works? Do you know how hard women still have to fight to get anything near equality with men in this country? Please give some examples of how feminism has adversely affected your life.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mushroom Boy
    Do you know how the world really works? Do you know how hard women still have to fight to get anything near equality with men in this country? Please give some examples of how feminism has adversely affected your life.

Maybe he can't get a bird.

Some of his points do hold some weight tho'.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mushroom Boy
    Please give some examples of how feminism has adversely affected your life.
    my wife expects to share my weed AND my whiskey!
  • Options
    Originally posted by apollo_69:
    "...boring boring... blah blah blah... talking crap... Love is horribly confused with sex and "sexual liberation" has led to millions of people using sex to satisfy their cravings for love, like addicts... blah blah blah, yawn yawn..."
    Have you been reading the Daily Mail before posting this?
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Don't be ridiculous. You're tarring feminism with the same brush as the feminazis, who are a tiny minority of 'feminists' anyway.

Everybody should be a feminist, and if you aren't then I'd like you to adequately explain why not. Why do you have a problem with women not wanting children? You might feel frustrated, but I can assure you that I'm perfectly happy with being 'dysfunctional' if it means that I don't have to depend on someone elses whims for survival.

feminist.jpg

why should a term to desribe womens rights be used to over equality, thats just unfair, it suggest being mauscline is wrong, which it isnt.....

i believe in equal rights and equal oppurtunities to do what people are fit for doing, which makes discrimination upon race,, sex. sexuality, and to some extents disabilities since a paralysed eprson cant do heavy lifting for example
  • Options
    am i fiend? confusing it with what? they are two sides of the same coin........the official stance for feminism is commendable, but that is not the real purpose, which is what must be realised....

if you trace the roots of feminism back to the 60's, this is when the media invented the notion that women were oppressed and exploited by men........do you honestly think it would take mankind 2000 years to work it out and do something about it if there was really a problem......the role of women was never as rigid as we were led to believe......back then women were free to pursue a career if they wanted to, it's just their roles as mothers and wives were accepted, and socially validated.....

feminism proposes that are inherent characteristics which make us male and female are mere stereotypes, which is designed to create chaos and confusion......millions of men have become emasculated and many women are temperamentally unfit to be mothers and wives.......

you have SOME decent points, however you seme to have forgot there were some extremely represseive laws, like no votes for women, a married womens things were her husbands posessions legally, women werent allowed to work after marriage, and were denied access to careers like doctors etc and the pay difference

we've come a long way in removing those boundaries, however it seems to be discouraged for girls to have ambitions to just bring up loadsof kids of whom i know a few girls like that, who want to stay at home making babies, sounds strange to me but its true
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    While I do consider myself a feminist, I can see some problems that feminism has caused, some of which Apollo said.
    For another example (and don't tell me this is irrelevant or "random", because it isn't) over here many villages have the following problem:
    The women leave the village and go to the cities because they want to get a career, and the men (who don't mind working as farmers etc) stay there with no women. The result is that many villages end up consisting of primarily old people and slowly die. In some of them, people have to find wives from Ukraine or something...
  • Options
    thats interesting zalbor i've heard bout that, where are you from?.....

placebo you have a point, women were treated differently, and certain aspects of this like voting and equal pay im not arguing about.........what i'm saying is that until the media put this idea into people's heads women didn't perceive themselves that way.......

stargalaxy, thanks for the misquote and no i don't pay much attention to mainstream media as they have their own agenda...

lol spliffie your right in a way, i don't have time for a lot of modern girls who are often far too bossy and opinionated, why should i waste my time......and that also answers ur q mushroom boy, that's how feminism has adversely affected my life......

it's actually interesting to note that the modern ideal of feminism is a direct outgrowth of communism, who were the first to pioneer political and cultural analysis of women's oppression. They originated women's studies, advocated public daycare, birth control and abortion...........
  • Options
    thats interesting zalbor i've heard bout that, where are you from?.....

placebo you have a point, women were treated differently, and certain aspects of this like voting and equal pay im not arguing about.........what i'm saying is that until the media put this idea into people's heads women didn't perceive themselves that way.......

stargalaxy, thanks for the misquote and no i don't pay much attention to mainstream media as they have their own agenda...

lol spliffie your right in a way, i don't have time for a lot of modern girls who are often far too bossy and opinionated, why should i waste my time......and that also answers ur q mushroom boy, that's how feminism has adversely affected my life......

it's actually interesting to note that the modern ideal of feminism is a direct outgrowth of communism, who were the first to pioneer political and cultural analysis of women's oppression. They originated women's studies, advocated public daycare, birth control and abortion...........

soviet union had women doctors, pilots etc etc some as good as men very fair it was

like in general (but not always) i find male salesmen better for fun things for myself since i can associate more, whilst for women in general, im sure have the opposite etc
  • Options
    I'm sorry, feminism is a notion coined in the 60s by the media?

Would you like to check the dates of the Suffragettes, apollo??

on the other hand, i think that equality between the sexes will not be accomplished for a while. people are so worried about being sexist that they over-compensate... it's extremes. male chauvinists or people bending over backwards to appear feminist. but that's not cos of feminism, but feminazism:P
  • Options
    Re: The Feminist Trap
    and the heterosexual family is male dominated.

Yes, which is why some cultures are very matriarchal. :rolleyes:
  • Options

if you trace the roots of feminism back to the 60's,

I think you can trace it back a bit further than that. Never heard of Mary Wollstonecraft?
  • Options

feminism proposes that are inherent characteristics which make us male and female are mere stereotypes,

What inherent characteristics are they then?
  • Options
    what i'm saying is that until the media put this idea into people's heads women didn't perceive themselves that way.......

So women are incapable of thinking for themselves? What a load of misogynistic crap.
  • Options

Do you actually have any idea what you are on about?
  • Options
    so give me some examples of matriarchal cultures, i think you will find they are the minority......

i never said women can't think for themselves, i'm saying they were fooled by the guise of feminism and what it really does to society......

inherent characteristics - uh men are masculine women are feminine, do i have to spell it out?

and i'm talking about the modern ideal of feminism as sold to people in the 60's, i'm sure some women were discontent before that, doesn't mean they wanted to take over the man's role....

blagsta whilst you show intelligence on these boards, you are quick to dismiss any opinion that doesn't fall into your narrow minded view of the world, and as such it's far too tiresome to debate with you, and the hour is late so you just keep post whoring to yourself......:o
  • Options
    so give me some examples of matriarchal cultures, i think you will find they are the minority......

Afro-Carribean families are often quite matriarchal. On the surface they might appear quite masculine, even "macho", but quite often the women actually run the household.
    i never said women can't think for themselves, i'm saying they were fooled by the guise of feminism and what it really does to society......

Yes you did and you've just repeated it. Think about your use of language - "fooled", "put this idea into people's heads" etc.
    inherent characteristics - uh men are masculine women are feminine, do i have to spell it out?

And what exactly do you mean by "masculine" and "feminine"?
    iand i'm talking about the modern ideal of feminism as sold to people in the 60's, i'm sure some women were discontent before that, doesn't mean they wanted to take over the man's role....

Please read some history and stop making a fool of yourself.
    blagsta whilst you show intelligence on these boards, you are quick to dismiss any opinion that doesn't fall into your narrow minded view of the world, and as such it's far too tiresome to debate with you, and the hour is late so you just keep post whoring to yourself......:o

I don't have a narrow view of the world, I just don't tolerate idiots. And you're an idiot. If you're gonna argue a point, then at least try and attempt to know what you're talking about.
  • Options
    so what are you saying? that they are housewives? or that the men change the nappies and women bring home the bacon?......

ffs my use of language? you don't think the media puts false opinions and bias in people's heads everyday? doesn't mean you can't think for yourself, just a little gullible and naive.....i think you just proved my point....

and if you don't know what masculinity and femininity are, then i don't know why you're even posting on this thread, go to bed mate......

i do try and attempt to know what i'm talking about, and i do a fair bit of research, it's hard to find truly independent accounts of history as what we are taught academically is very selective......my friend doing his final year in politics at notts, has finally come to the same conclusion i have, politics is one big cover up, so just perhaps you are the fool and one day you will see this........
  • Options
    so what are you saying? that they are housewives? or that the men change the nappies and women bring home the bacon?......

That they wield the actual power.
    ffs my use of language? you don't think the media puts false opinions and bias in people's heads everyday? doesn't mean you can't think for yourself, just a little gullible and naive.....i think you just proved my point....

I think it is more complex than that. People are influenced by the media, but not in the simple straightforward way you are suggesting. The language you are using suggests that people are empty vessels that can't think for themselves. This is not true.
    and if you don't know what masculinity and femininity are, then i don't know why you're even posting on this thread, go to bed mate......

I know what I mean by "masculinity" and "femininity" but its not necessarily what you mean. I'd say that they are constructs, rooted in a particular social context and their meanings change as society and culture changes.
    What do you mean by the terms?
    i do try and attempt to know what i'm talking about, and i do a fair bit of research, it's hard to find truly independent accounts of history as what we are taught academically is very selective......my friend doing his final year in politics at notts, has finally come to the same conclusion i have, politics is one big cover up, so just perhaps you are the fool and one day you will see this........

"politics is one big cover up"? What do you mean by "politics"? You are being far too vague and not actually saying anything meaningful.
  • Options
    i think apollo sorta has a point in there somewhere, just got me thinkin about some things, i think this modern world drives us all to be equal, almost machine like, strips away sexuality, maybe there is a design for life though, maybe it's natural for a women to just reproduce and take care, it works some eco systems does it not, politics is aesthetics, natural is natural, maybe whats natural has been stretched too much to suit the needs of a modern economic and political world, who's needs are we looking out for anyway, ourselves or humans in general. who's needs are needed more in the long term, take care of each other. theres my rant/arguement who knows.
  • Options
    but don't you think feminism has done a lot of good things too?

When my mum was my age she pretty much had 3 career options - teaching, nursing, or becoming a secretary.

and that was it. I can't imagine that. Some elements of feminism have got hijacked, but there's a lot more to it than some men-hating, angry, frustrated women.