Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

maxine carr

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Since she was no participant in the murders, and since she did not know what Huntley had done, and since she thought her lying was protecting her loved one from an unfair hounding rather than protecting a murderer as it turned out to be, her crime is not particularly more "hideous" than countless others across the nation from burglary to fraud to theft.

The reasons some people hate her so is because of the breathtaking willingness the masses have to be manipulated and programmed by the tabloid press, their apparent incapability to think and to possess even the faintest sense of proportion and reasoned thought, and above all the absurd mass hysteria this country sinks to every time someone utters the word 'paedophile'.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Maybe so....but thats no excuse for lying. If she had started telling the truth sooner then people would not have felt as bad towards her, because she lied for so long is probably why people dont feel any sympathy towards her.......my view anyhow.

Never lied to protect someone you love BB?

She may well have thought he was innocent - he'd told her how he'd been "victimsed" in the past. She thought it was happening again.

She doesn't sound like the most mature women on earth tbh....
  • Options
    If she had started telling the truth sooner then people would not have felt as bad towards her

No, they would. For the simple fact most people are fucking stupid, and will believe anything the hateful rags like the The Scum and the Daily HateMail will tell them.

For the record, the police wouldn't say anything much about anything whilst checking suspect alibis.

For those who don't see to grasp English:
    Maxine Carr non è un assassino.
    Maxine Carr nicht ist ein Mörder.
    Maxine Carr is een moordenaar.
    Maxine Carr no es un asesino.

geddit?
  • Options
    Maybe so....but thats no excuse for lying. If she had started telling the truth sooner then people would not have felt as bad towards her, because she lied for so long is probably why people dont feel any sympathy towards her.......my view anyhow.

Yeah, that's no excuse for lying, that's why she went to prison.

ETA: I see the sun is publishing things about this AGAIN.
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm more than a little sceptical.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    'Maxine told me to burn bodies'

:yeees:

Vile, just vile. If we actually had a decent press complaints commission the Sun would be run out of business.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Let's hope the government shut them down now they've got the power to then eh? :p

If I was the government I would certainly do that ;)
  • Options
    this is why we have a judicial system, so we dont all take the law into our own hands, so she lied yep people say she is just as much to blame. WHY? can people honestly say that they have never told a lie to protect someone else or yourselves. people think that they have all the facts however due to the tramatic episode this woman has been through do people not think that she deserves to be able to get on with her life. how would we feel if we told a lie then got alienated by the whole country having to move every time we were recognised. what that monster huntly did to those poor girls was horrendous however it was him not them not her. him. give her a chance to make amends and have the same rights we all hold under the european human rights convention even he gets them inside and it was him responsable. maxine is getting punished every day she sees herself in the mirror or whenever people stare at her she must know what they are thinking.... thats my tuppence worth anyway.
  • Options
    The Scum's article.

It's a common ploy to say something like that: if he's going down so is she. It is, of course, bollocks, because it is typical for murderers to bring down everyone with them because theyt hink that they are so superior.

Interesting how it's only just come out now, as well, as opposed to, say, at the trial.

As I've said before, you can't trust any news source that says:

0,,2004410923,00.gif
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The Scum's article.

It's a common ploy to say something like that: if he's going down so is she. It is, of course, bollocks, because it is typical for murderers to bring down everyone with them because theyt hink that they are so superior.

Interesting how it's only just come out now, as well, as opposed to, say, at the trial.

As I've said before, you can't trust any news source that says:

0,,2004410923,00.gif

I seriously doubt Maxine Carr has the capacity to offer advice such as 'get rid of the evidence'. She never seemed 'all there' to me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    Never lied to protect someone you love BB?

I have never ever lied to the police.

Oh she thought he was innocent, yes maybe she did at first but she lied, lied and kept on lying for how many days ?
    Dont make excuses for her, she lied for 13 days, yet she still didnt think it was a serious case to tell the police where she really was....................end off.
    Yes she has done her time im not disputing that and even if she lived in my street i wouldnt hassle her.....im not one of these vigilantes you know, I just dont want her in my back garden.........ok
  • Options
    I just dont want her in my back garden.........ok

Don't invite her 'round for a BBQ then, problem solved. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Don't invite her 'round for a BBQ then, problem solved. :)

har har :)
  • Options
    har har :)

:p
  • Options
    I have never ever lied to the police.

That isn't what was asked.

Would you lie to protect someone you loved?
    If the police came and said Mr Boo had raped a nine-year-old, and he said he hadn't and that they'd been hassling him about it for years, who would you believe?

Oh she thought he was innocent, yes maybe she did at first but she lied, lied and kept on lying for how many days ?
    Dont make excuses for her, she lied for 13 days, yet she still didnt think it was a serious case to tell the police where she really was....................end off.

I've highlighted teh important bit.

She thought he was innocent. She did for a significant period of time: listen to the police tapes of her interviews, and you can hear how she thought he was innocent, right up until the police showed her that he wasn't.

Sobbing (genuinely) "Oh God, no! No! I can't believe it!" indicates to me, at least, that she didn't know. And when she did know she changed her story.
  • Options
    Stuffed up my quote but this is in reply to Kermits post.

I will say again, I wouldnt lie to the police. If they came and asked me where I was last night id tell them. I would not lie...............what more do you want from me ?
    Also I have not if my memory serves me right been put in the position of having to lie for my hubby, if the police were involved then I wouldnt lie for him.......NO way. Little white lies of course id lie for him.

HOW long before she started telling the truth ? So YOU want ME to beleive that she never at any time whilst being interviewed NEVER wondered if he had done something to the girls? Sorry I dont and will never buy that. She lied, lied and kept on lying. I have no sympathy for her. She has served her time I know that, that is not in dispute with me as already been said.
  • Options
    HOW long before she started telling the truth ? So YOU want ME to beleive that she never at any time whilst being interviewed NEVER wondered if he had done something to the girls? Sorry I dont and will never buy that. She lied, lied and kept on lying. I have no sympathy for her. She has served her time I know that, that is not in dispute with me as already been said.

The facts of the case would dispute that entire opinion, but you're not going to be convinced of that ever because you've read so much poison about her.

Such is life.
  • Options
    The facts of the case would dispute that entire opinion, but you're not going to be convinced of that ever because you've read so much poison about her.

Such is life.

Clear this up for me as you will probably have more knowledge than myself on the next question.

Just suppose myself and my hubby were taken in for questioning regarding this same very case we are talking about, when would the police tell us that this was a serious case and that 2 girls have gone missing, presumed to be abduction ? Yes initially they didnt know it was a murder case but it was still quite serious ?

Now im presuming that Maxine Carr was informed very early when she was questioned. If that is the case and she was told then if I was in the same shoes as herself then I would have told the police where i was straight away, not almost 2 weeks later.
  • Options
    What you're not bearing in mind becky, and this is the important bit, is that you think your hubby/b-f is totally innocent and furthermore that the police have a grudge against him. It's not uncommon, or difficult to suspect the police of being prejudiced.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    What you're not bearing in mind becky, and this is the important bit, is that you think your hubby/b-f is totally innocent and furthermore that the police have a grudge against him. It's not uncommon, or difficult to suspect the police of being prejudiced.

I have beared that in mind, I know the story behind that. What you are not bearing in mind is that these kids were missing for almost 2 weeks before she told the police she wasnt at home. In the same situation if that was myself then I would have told the police where I really was a lot earlier on in the investigation.
  • Options
    It's HARD to admit you've lied. Have you not registered that? It absolutly has to be borne in mind, that a) her b/f was being hassled by some bent coppers and was totally innocent and b) when you've lied, you don't like admitting it, it takes a big person to do that. Which she's clearly not.
  • Options
    Which she's clearly not.

Thats not my problem, I have been asked several times here if I would lie to save my hubbys back and I wouldnt which I have stated a couple of times, yet people cant grasp the fact that I wouldnt lie on a serious matter for him and keep questioning me about it as though im lying about that............does get a tad annoying.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter whether you would or not. It's understanding her.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter whether you would or not. It's understanding her.

I thought this thread was about Maxine Carr and our feelings towards her, if thats the case then im explaining why I dont feel anything for her, much better than saying I cant stand the stupid git.....innit ?
  • Options
    Just suppose myself and my hubby were taken in for questioning regarding this same very case we are talking about, when would the police tell us that this was a serious case and that 2 girls have gone missing, presumed to be abduction ? Yes initially they didnt know it was a murder case but it was still quite serious ?

Initially, I actually wouldn't have thought so. Though I'm uncertain.

The thing you ahve to remember, Becky, is that Huntley had been hassled for years by the police. A rape trial against him collapsed because CCTV showed he wasn't near this woman who said she'd been raped by him at a certain time, and police had begun and then dropped about four investigations into rape and underage sex.

As it turns out perhaps they were right to, but leave that fact out for the moment. Huntley has been acquitted of rape, and then hassled by the police about every kid for the next n years. Carr knew this, so when the police hauled him in about this disappearance it wouldn't have taken much for Carr to be convinced that the police were just trying it on again.

Carr doesn't seem all that bright, don't forget, and she would believe the man she loved ahead of some bent coppers. Also don't forget where she was that weekend, she wasn't in Soham, she was in Grimsby being banged by some spotty teenager. The guilt of cheating should come into play here too.

The police were persistent, they knew she was lying, so they showed her that he had done it as soon as they could. As was shown on the police interview tapes, you can tell in her voice that she actually did believe Huntley right up until the 17th or whenever it was. And then she didn't, and you can hear her entire world crashing down in her voice. Seriously, you should have a listen.

I, for one, won't condemn her for stupidly believing her murdering boyfriend ahead of the police, given Huntley's past run-ins with them and the ease of which he could convince her of being harrassed by bent coppers. Add in the fact that she was cheating on him and suddenly you've got national hatred on your hands.

Huntley got rid of the bodies on the 2nd anyway, so her lying doesn't really matter.
  • Options

The thing you ahve to remember, Becky, is that Huntley had been hassled for years by the police. A rape trial against him collapsed because CCTV showed he wasn't near this woman who said she'd been raped by him at a certain time, and police had begun and then dropped about four investigations into rape and underage sex.

So then if she had nothing to be scared off why not admit where she was ?

But yes I see where you are coming from and maybe I can kinda see why she lied.
  • Options
    So then if she had nothing to be scared off why not admit where she was ?

Because she was in Grimsby banging a teenager:)
  • Options
    was she really? I didn't know that.