Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

maxine carr

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, she's a liar, and so are you. As are we all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85

Yeah but not all of us lie to the police. Oh and not all of us lie to attempt to cover up hideous crimes...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    Yeah but not all of us lie to the police. Oh and not all of us lie to attempt to cover up hideous crimes...

For the last time, she did not lie to cover a hideous crime, she lied for her b/f. Hardly a crime worthy of life-long persecution.
  • Options
    the public knows she is still writing to him. That is disgusting, doesnt show much remorse.

Gosh if she jumped over the counter and lied in my face, woah! Now that would be summat :rolleyes:

WHat i worry about is she gets with another pervert and protects him, except this time the children could be ones i know.
  • Options
    For the last time, she did not lie to cover a hideous crime, she lied for her b/f. Hardly a crime worthy of life-long persecution.

And er nowhere did I say that it was a crime worthy of life-long persecution…

I think she should be able to get on with her life though. For as long as we keep hearing about Maxine Carr in the media it prevents the real victims in all this from getting some closure.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    She's still a disgrace to the human race.
    #

Do you need an oxygen mask up there, that horse is awfully high :yeees:

Di, no offence like, but you are

*no offence Kermit, but calm the hell down if you disagree with someone, say so without the insult*

Check back over your facts: when she realised that he wasn't innocent, she told the police everything. She admitted her crime, she did the time (and far more time than is normal for that level of crime).

As someone far more insightful (and with a far better beard) said: he who is without sin cast the first stone.
  • Options
    Originally posted by -Di-
    the public knows she is still writing to him. That is disgusting, doesnt show much remorse.

Gosh if she jumped over the counter and lied in my face, woah! Now that would be summat :rolleyes:

WHat i worry about is she gets with another pervert and protects him, except this time the children could be ones i know.

Do get over yourself. You're seriously telling me, if your b/f, who you love and trust, told you he had NOTHING to do with a crime, you wouldn't give him an alibi to get the police of his back.

I don't know she's still writing to him, though even if she is, mothers of murdered sons write to their murderers. It's up to her, and you don't know what's in the letters do you?
  • Options
    Do get over yourself. You're seriously telling me, if your b/f, who you love and trust, told you he had NOTHING to do with a crime, you wouldn't give him an alibi to get the police of his back.

Especially given that he claimed he had been "fit up" by the police, like he believed he had when he was tried for rape.
  • Options

Do you really think she went out with Huntley because he promised her some dead children and she's now keen to find the same time of bloke?

If you were Maxine carr, you were hated by half the country and you knew there were people out there who are thinking the way you do, would you go near a pervert?
  • Options

Forgot I lied about my boyfriend murdering 2 children.
  • Options
    Forgot I lied about my boyfriend murdering 2 children.

Don't even TRY to pretend that that's what she actually lied about. She lied about where she was, to protect someone she thought was being screwed by the police. And don't even TRY to pretend that her lie is any worse than any one you've told ever.
  • Options
    I agree that Maxine Carr was just a poor cow, who got caught up with a sicko, but even though i know this i wouldn't want her living down my street...

Going back to the first thread, how would you all feel if she was living 2 doors away from you, honestly?
  • Options
    Originally posted by dolly dagger
    I agree that Maxine Carr was just a poor cow, who got caught up with a sicko, but even though i know this i wouldn't want her living down my street...

Going back to the first thread, how would you all feel if she was living 2 doors away from you, honestly?

I wouldn't care, and more than likely I'd try and be her friend, God know she needs one.

I don't understand how you can say you agree with how she's just been caught up with a complete git, and then say she shouldn't live down your street.
  • Options
    I've never lied to the police or protected a rapist tho
  • Options
    I've never lied to the police or protected a rapist tho

Let me spell this out for you.

You Are Not Better Than Her.

If you have ever lied to anyone EVER, and you have. You are just as bad as she is. She did not lie to protect a rapist. She lied to protect a man whom the police had a grudge against.
  • Options
    I wouldn't care, and more than likely I'd try and be her friend, God know she needs one.

I don't understand how you can say you agree with how she's just been caught up with a complete git, and then say she shouldn't live down your street.

Believe me, I know it's doesn't make sense, but the enormity of the crime she was involved in, albeit unknowingly would always be at the back of my mind, I couldn't be natural with her, if i tried to be nice it would be very forced, to be honest i probably would just ignore her, but would talk to her briefly if she approached,

The problem is, she did lie for him, ok, he claimed he was innocent, but didn't she think why she had to lie if he was? I know love can blind you, in the same position i would prob want to protect a loved one too, but i would still think a little seeing what he was charged for..
  • Options
    Let me spell this out for you.

You Are Not Better Than Her.

If you have ever lied to anyone EVER, and you have. You are just as bad as she is. She did not lie to protect a rapist. She lied to protect a man whom the police had a grudge against.

He is a rapist scumbag. He liked little girls, no wonder the police had a grudge against him.
  • Options
    I won't take anyone's opinion into account who can't keep to the topic. ie. a fucking moron? for expressing an opinion? I hardly said "hang draw and quarter her". No need to get personal, really doesn't help your point. She works less than 5 minutes away from me, I dont like that. Probably a lot of other people would feel the same if they had children, i know some of you already do, but i reckon i would ahve been all for letting her get on with her life, if she wasnt working in the vicinity of where my niece, nephew and son will be going to school.
  • Options
    There are plenty of other people who I would mind living close to me more than her. How do you know that you don't have a convicted rapist or murderer living on your street? The answer is that you don't.

If you live in a medium sized town, the chances are that there ARE people living in your community who have been convicted (or perhaps not convicted, but still guilty), of horrible crimes, far worse than what Maxine Carr has done.

Get a grip.
  • Options
    what i really dont get is how this, a politics and debate board is so personal. Now i have been told to 'get a grip'. Jeeeeeez
  • Options
    okay, heated topics are always going to get heated responses, but insulting posters gets us nowhere,

play nice people
  • Options
    what i really dont get is how this, a politics and debate board is so personal. Now i have been told to 'get a grip'. Jeeeeeez

don't worry some people get a bit crazy on here, i don't know why they start attacking people sometimes.
  • Options
    i wouldnt5 say anything i had posted on here was extreme! Just the opposite opinion of the majority of posters! very shocked, i thought most of these people were better than that!
  • Options
    She works less than 5 minutes away from me, I dont like that.

Are you Middlesbrough ?

I personally wouldnt want her on my doorstep neither. Yes i know she didnt murder but she lied and she continued to lie.....even when she must have know the severity of the crime.

No not on my doorstep thanks.
    waits for the mob !!
  • Options
    i thought most of these people were better than that!

better than not hating a woman for something she didn't do?
  • Options
    i wouldnt5 say anything i had posted on here was extreme! Just the opposite opinion of the majority of posters! very shocked, i thought most of these people were better than that!

No I don't think what you said was extreme at all, I wouldn't want Maxine Carr down my road, yes, that may be unfair/wrong but that is how i feel, i wouldn't attack the woman or anything.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    better than not hating a woman for something she didn't do?

The girl never said she hated the woman, just that she felt unconfortable with her living so near..
  • Options
    i dont hate her, i dont like the fact she is so local to me, i'd much prefer she was on one of your doorsteps believe me .She has to go somewhere, im just uncomfortable that shes here, and unsure as how to treat things.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Are you Middlesbrough ?

I personally wouldnt want her on my doorstep neither. Yes i know she didnt murder but she lied and she continued to lie.....even when she must have know the severity of the crime.

No not on my doorstep thanks.
    waits for the mob !!

Pm'd you
  • Options
    Originally posted by dolly dagger
    The girl never said she hated the woman, just that she felt unconfortable with her living so near..

i think the feeling was a bit stronger than that. i recall some 'hate's and 'sick's.

and that we should be 'better people' than thinking that she has done her time and be left in peace. that that's at all shocking.

i wonder if she would still be such a hate object if it was known that he had told her if she didn't lie he would kill her. because that's entirely possible.