Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO any punks/rocker people

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Sorry if I'm turning the post into a debate about education, but don't some people go to college for free anyway? And are people going to be completely against going to college for financial reasons and then be swayed because they get money for going?

everyone goes to college for free until the age of 19. but some people can't afford not to work.

there were people in my year who never made it past GSCEs, not because they didn't have the brains, but because, for whatever reason, they needed to have money coming in. something like this would really have helped.
    Ah ok....but it seems like it's a system that leaves itself wide open for lots of abuse.

totally. i'm just saying it's not a totally stupid idead.
  • Options
    Ah yes, that reminds me! You need a bank account to be allowed to take the EMA bribe. So, that's loads of young people off to the banks. Another group who benefit from the Government's attempts at social engineering. So, will any of you who receive this "payment" be returning the favour afterwards by voting Labour when you turn 18?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    totally. i'm just saying it's not a totally stupid idead.

Oh I know yeah. :)