Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO any punks/rocker people

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Dude you look for flaming where there is none. If you've got spare cash kicking around then you should be saving it.

but thats the thing, i am saving.. this is.. lose cash i don't particually need and don't need to save.....:rolleyes: I want to treat her. .thats the point but you lot seem to be so eager to tell me i am wrong
  • Options
    Dude you look for flaming where there is none. If you've got spare cash kicking around then you should be saving it.

And you haven't participated in flaming people before?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Funny how everyone criticises the actions i make..

I asked for ideas for presents yet it's turned into oh.. im buying her thread..:rolleyes:

We just talked about this on MSN :|

You asked a question and as you air your dirty laundry on here anyway people are giving friendly advice. We are not criticising the actions you make.

If you didn't want the thread to turn out like this then a) don't post it; or b) don't air your laundry on a public message board.
  • Options
    but thats the thing, i am saving.. this is.. lose cash i don't particually need and don't need to save.....:rolleyes: I want to treat her. .thats the point but you lot seem to be so eager to tell me i am wrong

Hellfire, you are not wrong to treat her. Infact, I'm going to annoy fiend_85 (not a difficult task by any means) by saying YES, spend, spend, spend!
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy

You asked a question and as you air your dirty laundry on here anyway people are giving friendly advice. We are not criticising the actions you make.

If you didn't want the thread to turn out like this then a) don't post it; or b) don't air your laundry on a public message board.

I asked for present IDEAS not the fact if im spending to much:rolleyes: thats for me to decide.. not you people
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Hellfire, you are not wrong to treat her. Infact, I'm going to annoy fiend_85 (not a difficult task by any means) by saying YES, spend, spend, spend!

Thanks,
  • Options
    And you haven't participated in flaming people before?

Relevant? I don't think so.

Hellfire, you can never save too much cash, and really, there's treating, and there's spoiling.
  • Options

:lol:

you'd make such a fantastic teacher :p

simple answer - buy what she likes. you'll get more brownie points if you get something that sums her up perfectly than if you spend 10 times the amount on general shite. we don't know her. therefore don't listen to us.

except me of course. listen to me.
  • Options
    Relevant? I don't think so.

Hellfire, you can never save too much cash, and really, there's treating, and there's spoiling.

and spending £20 on someone is spoiling?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

:p

Why thank you :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

simple answer - buy what she likes. you'll get more brownie points if you get something that sums her up perfectly than if you spend 10 times the amount on general shite. we don't know her. therefore don't listen to us.

except me of course. listen to me.

haha.. *thinks* she likes socks, hoodies.. jewlary, roses, red things and me :D and chocolate..

see now.. thinking of that i thought of something but her parents may not like;)
  • Options

This isn't a one off though is it? You said you wanted to get here a present every time you go see her, and you've already spent a lot on christmas and birthday. And personally, spending £20 on someone at your age is a lot of money. Christ, spending £20 on someone at my age is a lot. It's not a general bracket, it's for a really special present.
  • Options
    haha.. *thinks* she likes socks, hoodies.. jewlary, roses, red things and me :D

A woman with good taste. Mostly.
  • Options

not really but you could put £20 to better use. you don't need to spend money to show you love someone
  • Options
    This isn't a one off though is it? You said you wanted to get here a present every time you go see her, and you've already spent a lot on christmas and birthday. And personally, spending £20 on someone at your age is a lot of money. Christ, spending £20 on someone at my age is a lot. It's not a general bracket, it's for a really special present.

:yes:

You got it in one :thumb:

Now I am going to make my dinner :yum:
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    not really but you could put £20 to better use.

Such as?
  • Options

ahh but when college gets in full swing i'll only be going up every halfterm/end of term so it'll be one every 2months ish:(
  • Options
    :yes:

You got it in one :thumb:

Now I am going to make my dinner :yum:

I bow to you, enjoy your dinner

SG, grow up a bit and look at the financial state of the country before asking what other purposes £20 could go to.
  • Options
    I bow to you, enjoy your dinner

SG, grow up a bit and look at the financial state of the country before asking what other purposes £20 could go to.

yeah.. thats the country... not me:) my financial state is good :D
  • Options
    ahh but when college gets in full swing i'll only be going up every halfterm/end of term so it'll be one every 2months ish:(

So? Christ almighty, £20 every two months? That's £120 a year, not including travel and additional taking her out for lunch or cinema.
  • Options
    Such as?

charity for one
  • Options
    So? Christ almighty, £20 every two months? That's £120 a year, not including travel and additional taking her out for lunch or cinema.

and.. im gonna be earning more than that plus with my EMA.. so why not spend it.. i don't personly give a shit about it,
  • Options

you could feed a large family for three years on that ;)
  • Options

Ah. Fiend_85, you have a point here. Only a rich mogul could afford to spend a fortune on presents. The best things in life are free. Mostly.
  • Options
    and.. im gonna be earning more than that plus with my EMA.. so why not spend it.. i don't personly give a shit about it,

You're a lucky boy then. but it won't last, not unless you stay REALLY lucky. I'm not daft with money, and it's not like I don't have any savings, but personally I'm streched to the limit. I'd hate for you to resent your g/f because you regret spending so much on her.

Take the advice or leave it buddy. You'd be daft to carry on the way you are though.
  • Options
    The best things in life are free. Mostly.

For once you talk sense :p
  • Options

I left college before that EMA nonsense came in. Do you enjoy being bribed to stay in education? If you're going to uni, better save the money - you sure as hell are gonna need it!
  • Options
    For once you talk sense :p

Thank you. :)
  • Options
    ah well whatever.. ill think about it..
  • Options
    I hope so, you'll really need that money one day.