Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO any punks/rocker people

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Quite simply, can't you give your girlfriend a good time without gifts? What about love - doesn't that count for anything? You can't put a price on love.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Quite simply, can't you give your girlfriend a good time without gifts? What about love - doesn't that count for anything? You can't put a price on love.

love is everything SG
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    love is everything SG

Why are you telling me that?!
  • Options
    Why are you telling me that?!

because i secretly love you SG :flirt:

joke
  • Options
    love is everything SG

no it's not, is hate love
  • Options
    because i secretly love you SG :flirt:

:crazyeyes Aaargh!
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    no it's not, is hate love

your right:(
  • Options
    i think i might cry.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i think i might cry.

good crying or bad crying?
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    good crying or bad crying?

horribly disturbed crying. i'm eating too.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    horribly disturbed crying. i'm eating too.

Never a good combination :(
  • Options
    i think i might cry.

You do that.
  • Options
    haha.. im not,

and £15 isn't much money dude.. i get that for 2days at college:rolleyes:

Sorry if someone says it later in the thread, but you get paid to go to college? Is this one of those initiatives to get more people to stay on after school?
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Sorry if someone says it later in the thread, but you get paid to go to college? Is this one of those initiatives to get more people to stay on after school?

Yes. Recently, the Department of Education announced the EMA - an Education Maintenance Allowance. It is essentially a payment of £30 a week for people who agree to stay on in education after GCSEs. I see it as a bribe myself.
  • Options
    Yes. Recently, the Department of Education announced the EMA - an Education Maintenance Allowance. It is essentially a payment of £30 a week for people who agree to stay on in education after GCSEs. I see it as a bribe myself.

What the fuck? I'm getting some of that! Do you have to be from a low income family or anything like that?
  • Options

yeah but concidering my mum doesn't earn (disabled) it comes in handy, only people with a min income can get it
  • Options
    What the fuck? I'm getting some of that! Do you have to be from a low income family or anything like that?

Indeed. It's all part of this Government's attempts at social engineering, trying to get people from so-called "disadvantaged" backgrounds into university. Utter and complete nonsense.
  • Options
    yeah but concidering my mum doesn't earn (disabled) it comes in handy, only people with a min income can get it

But I want money for no reason as well. :(
  • Options
    But I want money for no reason as well. :(

That's what it is. It is a bribe from the government to make sure you stay in education. It's utterly pointless too and makes sure that when you turn 18 that you vote Labour.
  • Options
    YOU GET FUCKING PAID TO GO TO SCHOOL!!?!?!?

Fuck this shit. What the fuck is going on?!

:mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    YOU GET FUCKING PAID TO GO TO SCHOOL!!?!?!?
    Fuck this shit. What the fuck is going on?!
    :mad:

I know, it's a farce. Read my above posts.
  • Options
    I never got paid to go to school. If you didn't go, you were killed. End of.

I sound really old now, don't I?
  • Options

No. You sound very sensible. At least you're not falling for this gimmick. It's very odd the Educational Maintenance Allowance was announced at the same time the Government was considering lowering the voting age to 16, isn't it? Coincidence? Hardly.
  • Options

it's for post compulsary education. and it does make sense, for some people, because i guess some people have to leave school at 16 and work, because otherwise they can't afford to live.

but it seems they are handing it around like sweeties.
  • Options
    it's for post compulsary education. and it does make sense, for some people, because i guess some people have to leave school at 16 and work, because otherwise they can't afford to live.

Rubbish. It's stupid to be telling everyone to go on and do A Levels on the grounds the Government will bribe you to do so. A Levels are not for everyone. Why can't some people study for more vocational qualifications? This obsession with sending everyone off to college and university, and thus keeping the unemployment figures nice and low is a farce. And consider: the Educational Maintenance Allowance was announced at the same time the Government was considering lowering the voting age to 16. Makes me question what the real purpose of the EMA is.
  • Options

Sorry if I'm turning the post into a debate about education, but don't some people go to college for free anyway? And are people going to be completely against going to college for financial reasons and then be swayed because they get money for going?
  • Options

Ah ok....but it seems like it's a system that leaves itself wide open for lots of abuse. Ya know? Going to school just to get paid and then doing fuck all afterwards anyway? Or not doing a tap during lessons but being marked present?
  • Options
    Indeed. All the more reason why the EMA is a nonsense that should never have come about.
  • Options

well i haven't evne started to get mine yet, first lot should be in my bank tomorrow, All £150 :D
  • Options
    well i haven't evne started to get mine yet, first lot should be in my bank tomorrow, All £150 :D
    Hope you enjoy your bribe money, Hellfire.