Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dirty Harry

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Most people don't get arrested or whatever for this sort of thing. I mean he barely touched him.

oh and im led to beleive he had a bust lip.....silly me, it was just a tap eh.

Yeah, like always happens here there are two sets of rules. Assault is assault, regardless of who you are or what you are. Circumstances come into it and i appreciate that he got pissed of with having people taking pictures but that does NOT give him the right to smack anyone.
  • Options
    the rule of law; no one is above the law. of course no royal will ever be incarcerated for any offence, princess anne should have been banned from driving years ago but i imagine the police are told to forget about it if they catch the royals doing anything wrong. what a sham. personally i despise old big ears charlie the most; i live in cornwall, one of the most deprived parts of the country, yet that wanker extracts millions based on the spurious notion that he owns the land. as for the idea that the royal family epitomise britishness, their surname is really saxe-cobourg-gotha; not very british is it?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    oh and im led to beleive he had a bust lip.....silly me, it was just a tap eh.

It was a little scratch. Fuck all.
    regardless of who you are or what you are.

It works both ways.
    If it were any one of us the photgraphers were hounding day in day out, I'm sure we could have them carted away on some sort of harresment charge.
    Circumstances come into it and i appreciate that he got pissed of with having people taking pictures but that does NOT give him the right to smack anyone.

I think it does. These people are scum.
    And from alll accounts it wasn't a smack, he just pushed the camera back in his face.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    And from alll accounts it wasn't a smack, he just pushed the camera back in his face.

did the fella sustain a cut to his mouth/lip ?
    Need i say anymore.

So violence is ok..........as long as its Harry/or the likes off.....yes, that sounds about right in here.
  • Options
    did the fella sustain a cut to his mouth/lip ?
    Need i say anymore.

'Apparently' the camera hit Harry first anyway. The police really aint going to be bothered by a little split lip. Harry didn't strike him as such anyway.
    So violence is ok..........as long as its Harry/or the likes off.....yes, that sounds about right in here.

If it's ok to stalk someone wherever they go whilst sticking a camera in their face it should be ok to retaliate. Which is the bigger crime? A spilt lip or harrasment?
    If it were you being chased everywhere by these scum you'd have the police to go to. The fact that he is who he is means he doesn't have that option.
    Violence in the answer to some things, and it makes you feel a hell of a lot better.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Violence in the answer to some things, and it makes you feel a hell of a lot better.

Violence is never the answer, it takes a bigger, better person to walk away.

It may make you feel better but you will look like a right plank at the end of it. Take the photo of Harry during this fracas.....he looked really angry....he was in the wrong in my opinion and he should have just got in the car and basically said 'fook you' to the photographers.
    all he did was give the media something to really talk about. this has done him no fvours...its made him look like the plank.
  • Options

Yes, that's what they tell you at school. Load of bollocks if you ask me.
    Anyway Harry can't just 'walk away', the photographers are everywhere he goes - all the time.

]Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    this has done him no fvours...its made him look like the plank. [/QUOTE]

I think it made him look as normal as the rest of us.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yes, that's what they tell you at school. Load of bollocks if you ask me.

Why is it bollocks ?
  • Options
    Why is it bollocks ?
    godnightandgod bless.
  • Options
    Why is it bollocks ?

The bigger and better man is the one that's stands up for himself.
    'Walking away' is the usally answer for those who aint got the bottle to do that.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

Answer my question from before.

If you couldn't have "walked away" then you are being very hypocritical in demanding that Harry did.

Just because he is famous and wealthy doesn't mean that it's open season for stalkers, professional or otherwise.

He should only be charged for tapping the cunt if the photographer is jailed under the harrassment laws.

And that won't happen now, will it?

I will never understand this. If that photographer was hounding your daughter you would be livid, and don't say you wouldn't. But because he is famous Harry is supposed to just grin and bear it. Could you explain to me how that works, eh?
  • Options
    'Walking away' is the usally answer for those who aint got the bottle to do that.

That's not true, though in this case I would have reacted the same way as Harry, it's not always the case that the 'big man' is the one that won't walk away from a pointless confrontation.
  • Options
    No apology

Which is a good signal in my opinion.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Answer my question from before.

If you couldn't have "walked away" then you are being very hypocritical in demanding that Harry did.

Kermit we aint talking about me here, im not famous and I will never have that attention. as Ive already said he is probably pissed off with the media but that still not justify violence.

Also Ive had many an argument and YES im a gobby cow, but Im a bigger person and id walk away from a fight and id do my best to try and talk my way out of a fight.

I cant beleive some of you here I really cant...........you are telling me violence is ok.............I really thought some of you were above that, just shows you how wrong I have been.
  • Options

Thats why so many people end up stabbed to death.....yeah its great to have violence........innit.
  • Options
    Kermit we aint talking about me here

Yes we are.

You should expect otehrs to behave as you would.

So, I'll ask again.

Becky is 17, and is being followed by paparazzi. You'd be happy, yeah?
  • Options

Becky is 17, and is being followed by paparazzi. You'd be happy, yeah?

ive already said I can imgine him being pissed off but it does not mean he can use violence......thats no excuse.

But in all honesty how do you expect me to give an answer on something that im never gonna experience ? thats why I keep saying we aint talking about me and until im in that situation then I cant give an honest answer.
  • Options
    ive already said I can imgine him being pissed off but it does not mean he can use violence......thats no excuse.

Ghandi would be proud :)
  • Options
    Well you know me, I always aim to please :)
  • Options
    yeah its great to have violence........innit.

You have to get real. Violence works and is an immediate inborn reaction to most people. You can't escape human nature.
    I've been arrested before for sparking out some bloke who would not leave my sister alone. I wasn't charged but then neither was he. I'd do it again anyday.

Again which crime is worse - giving some dick head a split lip or harrassing someone day in day out, for every day of their life?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

Because of course being perfect you always live up to your standards all the time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Because of course being perfect you always live up to your standards all the time.

hhmm turn to sarcasm instead of answering the question.............yeah cop out :thumb:

Skive you did nothing to be proud of.....next time you could meet your match and he would spark you out.
  • Options
    Skive you did nothing to be proud of.....next time you could meet your match and he would spark you out.

Yeah.

That's what pride is about.

It happens.

Violence is not the answer, but sometimes it is the only way of getting someone to behave.

I presume you've never smacked your child to make them behave?
  • Options
    I've stayed out of this until now but I want to contribute.

Harry, when coming out of a club had a camera pushed in his face, he pushed it back towards the cameraman. Personally I think this is a distinctive and natural reaction that any one of us would have followed. It is all well and good sitting behind your PC in the comfort of your own home saying you would 'walk away' when in actual fact I'm sure the reality would be quite different.

Prince Harry did not ask to be born into the position he was. Celebrities make themselves famous. They are quite happy to grab the limelight when it suits them, as well as tip off the photographers as to where they'll be and when just to get into the papers. I very much doubt Prince Harry does this. Celebs invite media attention; they crave it, use it and frequently abuse it. Prince Harry hasn't got a choice. Because of the circumstances of his birth he will always be who he is.

Why should Harry act any differently to the rest of us because of 'who he is'? He didn't create who he is, he simply has to be who he is. He doesn't have a choice in the matter. I'll bet every single last one of us would have done what he did in pushing the camera away.

It is all well and good to argue he should act like a Prince and rise above it, but why should he? Has anyone stopped to think that perhaps he doesn't like being extraordinary, and he just wants to be one of us?

You can see the look on the photographers face as it is happening. He's in his element. He's loving it. He's almost *glad* about what has happened. You can see the cogs in his head turning and pound signs in his eyes. He he was so hurt, and so badly done to he would press charges and not sell his story.
  • Options
    I presume you've never smacked your child to make them behave?

Uh oh. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Skive you did nothing to be proud of...

It was a quick answer and most imprtantly it worked. What else was I going to do? The Police would have done fuck all.

Violence works, you learn that in the playground.
    I remember when I moved schools and for the first couple of months I got a hard time from some kid and his mates. In the end I managed to get the kid on his own and kick the living shit out of him. They never bothered me again, infact we became quite good mates.
    I suppose your answer would be to go and tell the teacher? :rolleyes:

If these photographers can get away with harrassment then I'm quite happy that Harry can get away with clocking one of them.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    hhmm turn to sarcasm instead of answering the question.............yeah cop out :thumb:

The sarcasm has a point, though you might not like it.
  • Options
    Oh here we go, aint it funny how violence is ok when it suits you.

You either agree with violence or you dont, so dont in one breath say its ok then the next breath say its wrong, you cant have it both ways.

BumbleBee I have been in a pub and had someone pissed out of their head saying I was trying to get of with her boyfriend, she was very angry and i almost got my head kicked in through it. I was not trying to get off with her boyfriend it was the fact that I had known him many years ago and was just saying 'hi' to him.....anyways she was pushing me, calling me 'Slapper' and all the rest.....I could have quite easily smacked her one but I didnt (even though i was pissed myself)........I talked my way out of it because thats the way I do things.

Kermit, you know thats another debate and you know ive smacked my Daughter. That was when she was small and was doing something that could harm her. she wasnt bruised, she didnt get marks and you know fine well because ive said here before that i have tapped her. A 'tap' and 'marking someone' are two totally different things.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    The sarcasm has a point, though you might not like it.

what point ? you are trying to say I 'think' im perfect ?

You know nothing about me if thats what you honestly think.
  • Options
    what point ? you are trying to say I 'think' im perfect ?

You know nothing about me if thats what you honestly think.

No, I'm saying that everyone has standards they'd like to live up to, but that no-one manages it all the time. They slip up, and while there are people who havn't done it for a LONG time, they still have made mistakes.