Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

why can't I forget!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do I?!
  • Options
    You say pushing over a four year old isn't a symptom of mental illness, however I'd argue that it is. There are many signs and symptoms of mental illness, and indeed many kinds of mental illness.

I'd say the overwhelming desire that you have to keep registering at a website such as this, even when you are continually banned says quite a lot about you. You swing from asking for genuine help to seeking to provoke the other users into a reaction that you have been used to all your life.

You are crying out for understanding but because of the way you're been treated you don't know how to go about letting people help you. Having said that, some people are beyond help, yourself included.

Admit it, you are a sad, pathetic, lonley boy, who feels that other people deserve to know the unhappiness you've known. Until you recognise that you are actually a sandwich short of a picnic, you'll always be the same. Think about it, do you really want to spend your whole life being banned from an internet message board designed for young adults to offer advice and help to one another, or do you want to contribute something to society one day?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    You say pushing over a four year old isn't a symptom of mental illness, however I'd argue that it is. There are many signs and symptoms of mental illness, and indeed many kinds of mental illness.

Prove it. Or do you hiding that you possess a medical degree and psychiatric training?
    I'd say the overwhelming desire that you have to keep registering at a website such as this, even when you are continually banned says quite a lot about you. You swing from asking for genuine help to seeking to provoke the other users into a reaction that you have been used to all your life.

Is it?
    You are crying out for understanding but because of the way you're been treated you don't know how to go about letting people help you. Having said that, some people are beyond help, yourself included.

Am I? You don't know me. Who makes you overlord of who 'needs help'?
    Admit it, you are a sad, pathetic, lonley boy, who feels that other people deserve to know the unhappiness you've known. Until you recognise that you are actually a sandwich short of a picnic, you'll always be the same. Think about it, do you really want to spend your whole life being banned from an internet message board designed for young adults to offer advice and help to one another, or do you want to contribute something to society one day?

Contribute? Again, this overlord mentality. Are you a narcissist or something? You don't know me and possess no right to lecture to me or anybody else how to 'live'.
  • Options
    Oh Lordy, here we go again.

Nope, you're perfectly normal monocrat. It's perfectly normal to attack a four-year-old child, and it's perfectly normal to spam a message board.

Of course, I don't actually think you did attack that boy, because you like spamming too much.

Here, have some attention.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    why on earth would you push over a four year old. A 4 year olds a baby, why would you want to hurt them.

'why on earth' would it matter?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Oh Lordy, here we go again.

Nope, you're perfectly normal monocrat. It's perfectly normal to attack a four-year-old child, and it's perfectly normal to spam a message board.

Of course, I don't actually think you did attack that boy, because you like spamming too much.

Here, have some attention.

I am normal.

Plenty of people troll. They aren't mentally ill.
  • Options
    Originally posted by confuciooos
    'why on earth' would it matter?!

Injuring a small child for no reason isn't exactly a great thing is it?
  • Options
    Plenty of people troll. They aren't mentally ill.
    #

*is skeptical*
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_illness#Symptoms_of_mental_illness

Tell me which mental illness from the above I have exactly?

And since you don't know me, then it makes you silly by stating I have a mental illness!
  • Options
    Prove it.

Ok, I will prove that there are many different kinds of mental illness and many symptoms.

A rather nice list of several different kinds of mental illness

I have also found many numerous websites and sources of information stating that there are different symptoms of mental illness, but I think the most interesting quote is this:

"What is the difference between normal and abnormal? The usual answer is that a normal person copes with abnormal conditions in a timely manner, whereas an abnormal person cannot or does not do this." from here

Pushing a small child is not normal in our society.

You then said:
    Is it?
    in response to this:
    which quite frankly doesn't make sense. Is it what? Please read again what I wrote and think of a more appropriate thing to say as 'is it' doesn't work.

Am I? You don't know me. Who makes you overlord of who 'needs help'?
    Are you crying out for help? Yes, you are. Rememver the original post you made in this thread, asking why you can't forget the past etc etc. That is generally termed a 'cry for help'. Looking at all of the other posts you've made in the relationships forum and the health forum also lead to this conclusion. You are correct, I do not know you and to suggest I think I am some overlord of who needs help is rather OTT since I care not if you receive help or not. In actual fact those who know me will tell you I don't give a shit about people in general, I'm really rather selfish in that way. I don't care either way if you get help or not; if you manage to find the answer to the cry for help that is 'why can't I forget?'
    You don't know me and possess no right to lecture to me or anybody else how to 'live'.

I think everyone has the right to lecture amoral people on how to live.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Injuring a small child for no reason isn't exactly a great thing is it?

No reason?
  • Options
    No reason?

Well I can't see how the child would have been a threat to you.
  • Options
    No reason?

OK then, what did the small child do that was so dangerous to you?

Was he driving a Sherman tank or something?
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_illness#Symptoms_of_mental_illness

Tell me which mental illness from the above I have exactly?

And since you don't know me, then it makes you silly by stating I have a mental illness!

Strange, you just asked me to prove there are several different kinds of mental illness and symptoms of them and here you are proving it yourself. As you have pointed out, I am not a trained health professional, so I wouldn't dare to step on their toes. I was merely pointing out that you were wrong when you said pushing over a small child is not a symptom of mental illness.

However, I'd start by looking at this
  • Options
    I can't find a way to word this properly but here goes.

You pushed the child over. You're right, this doesn't automatically mean you have a mental problem. However, you wanted to push the child over. You pushed the child over because you had a bad upbringing. Therefore I'd say you had a problem of some sort and should seek help. Pushing children over in the street is not the sort of thing you go around doing.
  • Options
    "What is the difference between normal and abnormal? The usual answer is that a normal person copes with abnormal conditions in a timely manner, whereas an abnormal person cannot or does not do this." from here

Pushing a small child is not normal in our society.

Eating pork isn't 'normal' in Saudi Arabia. So eating a bacon sandwich in Riyadh denotes mental ill-health does it?!
  • Options
    Eating pork isn't 'normal' in Saudi Arabia. So eating a bacon sandwich in Riyadh denotes mental ill-health does it?!

*falls off chair laughing*

And you reckon that you don't have Asperger's :lol:
  • Options

It's completely different. You cannot compare pushing a young child over in the street to eating pork.
  • Options

Yawn. Keep it coming, please.

I'm washing my car today. Oh, and planning on making a nice meal later. Hmm, I think I might play on a computer game too, and call up a friend to see if they want to go out this evening. I like having a life.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Well I can't see how the child would have been a threat to you.

Really?

And you reckon that you don't have Asperger's

I don't. I can understand jokes and conceive abstract concepts. These are the symptoms, no? ;) And why would you lauh at someone who had Aspergers' anyhow?!

Oh yes, and I have no aversion to change. The only changes I oppose are those that harm me. Or unless I possess a rational reason to do so! ;) :cool: (that's another symptom of 'Asperger's syndrome!!)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    It's completely different. You cannot compare pushing a young child over in the street to eating pork.

Heh, it's the same rationale!
  • Options
    Go on then, how was the child a threat to you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Yawn. Keep it coming, please.

I'm washing my car today. Oh, and planning on making a nice meal later. Hmm, I think I might play on a computer game too, and call up a friend to see if they want to go out this evening. I like having a life.

I was planning on going out too!!!
  • Options
    Heh, it's the same rationale!

No, it's not.

If you thought that way you'd think oh, it's okay to kill this pig for my bacon sandwich so I'll go kill that person over there.
  • Options
    I was planning on going out too!!!

Stop, I don't have enough thread for both sides.
  • Options
    Really?

Yes really. Answer the question for once and tell me why you pushed the child. How could the child have harmed you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    No, it's not.

If you thought that way you'd think oh, it's okay to kill this pig for my bacon sandwich so I'll go kill that person over there.

Huh?

Doing something that isn't considered 'normal' by your society is not in itself a symptom of mental illness. How can it be? So abolitionists in the 18th and 19th century were 'mentally ill' even though slavery was considered normal at the time?!

You need a better definition of what 'normal' means!
  • Options
    You can conceive abstract concepts?

You quite sure about that?
  • Options
    Huh?

Doing something that isn't considered 'normal' by your society is not in itself a symptom of mental illness. How can it be? So abolitionists in the 18th and 19th century were 'mentally ill' even though slavery was considered normal at the time?!

You need a better definition of what 'normal' means!

You're starting to annoy me now. :mad:

I can't imagine that pushing a young child over in the street would be considered 'normal' in any society.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    You can conceive abstract concepts?

You quite sure about that?

Yes. Since you don't know me, how can you refute it?

I have an imagination. That is an abstract concept. Even if I have 'Asperger's', are you going to mock me for it? Isn't takiong pleasure at others' misfortuntes considered 'immoral'?

Isn't the basis of your argument that what I did was 'immoral'?! :p