Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Alcohol without ID

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    What's a narc?

a tattle tale :p (ok, so not exatly, but its early and i'm drinking and can't think of anything better)
  • Options
    In Wrexham they don't really care about ID... I mean I've been ID'd for fags more time than I have for booze. I've had to turn down a lot too... it's really annoying when they just go to another part of the bar and wait there... it's like "FUCK OFF we're not gonna serve you!"
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    a tattle tale :p (ok, so not exatly, but its early and i'm drinking and can't think of anything better)

Oh, I almost forgot. Can you please not call me a kid? I've had to fight for hours to stop my grandmother from writing 'master' on Christmas and Birthday cards just so that I don't still feel like a child.
  • Options
    Oh, I almost forgot. Can you please not call me a kid? I've had to fight for hours to stop my grandmother from writing 'master' on Christmas and Birthday cards just so that I don't still feel like a child.

I never called you kid, dude. Oh wait, nevermind, I guess I did. But dont' take it personally, I call everybody kid. It's not a reference to age, just a word I use alot, like dude.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    I always get asked for id's when i buy smokes unless i know the person. I don't think anything of it. though if somebody started lecturing me i'd get the urge to punch them in the face. this kid reminds me of a narc.

Liar :p

ETA - you edited before I could post, and now I can't delete. Sorry.
  • Options
    I know, the non deleate kinda sucks.
  • Options
    Liar :p

ETA - you edited before I could post, and now I can't delete. Sorry.
    So how old are you winkle?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jinx
    So how old are you winkle?

Winkle? Fuck off...
  • Options
    Originally posted by stressedstar
    they've done that everywhere that sells alcohol in my area

where i work recently escaped prosecution 'cause trading standards (or whoever it is) sent in an underage person and an underage cashier sold them alcohol. they only got away with it 'cause of the ongoing training and crap like that that they say they do.
  • Options
    There's absolutely no pattern to how people are id'd. I mean when I was up in Glasgow for the university open day, me and my friend (we're both 17 and look it) walked into Wetherspoons got some drinks, walked out into a newsagents as I needed a lighter and I got asked for ID there. They didnt bat an eyelid in the pub. *shrugs* it varies. A good excuse is always "ooo I dont have my driving license as I've just sent off for my full one, don't you recognise me , I was in last night?" thats worked many a time before.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Winkle? Fuck off...

This nipper's got a mouth on him.

Needless to say if I was buying fags and you give me some lecture I'd be pissed. The law on buying fags is there to stop underage people buying them, not people you 'don't like the look of'.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    This nipper's got a mouth on him.

Needless to say if I was buying fags and you give me some lecture I'd be pissed. The law on buying fags is there to stop underage people buying them, not people you 'don't like the look of'.

Well if you buy fags and you have ID, no worries, smooth transaction.

If you haven't got ID and you look like a decent fella - sorry, no sale.

If you are a mouthy little git, I may be inclined to tell you it's bad for your health anyway if you're getting on my nerves.

ETA - and less of the 'nipper'
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    where i work recently escaped prosecution 'cause trading standards (or whoever it is) sent in an underage person and an underage cashier sold them alcohol. they only got away with it 'cause of the ongoing training and crap like that that they say they do.

I sometimes am the only person able to sell alcohol on the floor, which means i'm legally conducting five or six transactions at once, and i'm liable for everyone else's cock-ups.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its dickheads like you that gives hard-working staff in the customer service industry a bad name.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Its dickheads like you that gives hard-working staff in the customer service industry a bad name.

Most customers I treat with civility and respect. It is only very occasionally that I get customers coming along who're mouthy, hormonally-driven little shitbags. I don't give the industry a bad name because these are the least likely people to complain anyway.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If you are a mouthy little git, I may be inclined to tell you it's bad for your health anyway if you're getting on my nerves.

It's not your job to give lectures though is it.
    You openly admitted you'd give someone a hard time if you 'didn't like the look of them'. That in my view is a bad attitude, and will quite lieky get you filled in one day.
    ETA - and less of the 'nipper'

ETA? Estimated Time of Arrival?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Skive
    ETA? Estimated Time of Arrival?
    More possibly "Edited To Add".
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by JsT

:yes:

and if i was underage buying alcohol/whatever then if i got a lecture at the cashout when buying the stuff there is no way i would return to that shop.

your job isnot to give lectures, it is purely to sell the shops goods. end of.
  • Options
    Last time I got asked for ID was my 21st birthday. My boyfriend at the time was DJing in the club that me and my friends were going to and had put me on the guest list. I got to the club door and the bouncers asked me for ID but I didn't have any. I stood there arguing with the bouncer that I was on the guest list, my boyfriend was the DJ and that I was 21 today..... he wasn't having any of it. I even told him to ring the pub where I worked at the time so they could tell him how old I was. I looked behind the bouncer at the guy sat on the till and realised I used to babysit him and got him to tell the bouncer how old I was! He eventually let me in. The worst thing about this is that my 17yr old sister walked straight on into the club no questions asked!
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    :yes:

and if i was underage buying alcohol/whatever then if i got a lecture at the cashout when buying the stuff there is no way i would return to that shop.

your job isnot to give lectures, it is purely to sell the shops goods. end of.

Don't tell me what my job is, you're not my manager.
  • Options
    Alright, so i'm a bleeding liar. I made the mistake of allowing myself to be a troll and i'm sorry. I really don't ever insult people at work, with the exception of my managers and supervisors, because they know i'm only kidding anyway.

Interestingly enough, I am known at work for being the person who helps the customer 133% in that I help them and then spend ten minutes chatting about something.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster

no, im not your manager, but i am just saying that if it was me getting the lecture then it would put me off shopping in there anytime in the future.
  • Options

Aye, she's not your manager, and your not the mother of these people coming in to buy alchohol. If you feel put out at her telling you how it is, then think about how you're making your "customers" feel.
  • Options

stop acting like one then.

and i always get IDed. everywhere i go, and everything I try to do, they ask me how old I am.

the irony is that i'm a teetotal non-smoker. the last time i got IDed i was buying a bottle of wine for my mum's birthday.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Aye, she's not your manager, and your not the mother of these people coming in to buy alchohol. If you feel put out at her telling you how it is, then think about how you're making your "customers" feel.

Learn to read.
  • Options
    I still get IDed for fags, and I'm 18 in 18 days :rolleyes:

I never buy alcohol from supermarkets, but I do buy alcohol from pubs and get IDed for some clubs. If I get IDed I just say no sorry, then they may ask when I was born, and if they do I'll make up random birthdate, otherwise I give up, because I look young so there's little chance of getting in/buying alcohol.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    I don't dob them in for being underage unless I dont like them lol.

Thats what i do!
  • Options
    Learn to read.

I already can thanks. It seems that you have a few problems with understanding, though, so maybe you're the one needing a few lessons.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    I already can thanks. It seems that you have a few problems with understanding, though, so maybe you're the one needing a few lessons.

Understanding what precisely?
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Understanding what precisely?

ym :p