Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Feel the love!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Becky, I'm not gay thanks.

Neither is kermit.....but you could be 'just good friends' :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Kermit and me shall do no such thing. But as for you and me, maybe there is hope. Then again, maybe there isn't. I'm sorry, I'm not very optimistic about love these days...
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

If you like. Not fussed.
  • Options
    But as for you and me, maybe there is hope. Then again, maybe there isn't. I'm sorry, I'm not very optimistic about love these days...
    Unfortunatly Becks is hooked up with morrocan roll :D

You need to keep up with Thesite Uncensored, nightly on E! for all the latest gossip! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    If you like. Not fussed.

I think I'll pass on that offer. Oh, I wish I was gone.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Justin Sane
    Unfortunatly Becks is hooked up with morrocan roll :D

You need to keep up with Thesite Uncensored, nightly on E! for all the latest gossip! ;)

There's no point talking to anyone on this site, is there?
  • Options
  • Options
    ***COMMENTS removed by Stargalaxy***
  • Options
  • Options

Nope.

If you want to pull, you need faceparty;)
  • Options
    ***COMMENTS removed by Stargalaxy***
  • Options
    But as for you and me, maybe there is hope. Then again, maybe there isn't. I'm sorry,

What, you gone off me now as well :eek2:
  • Options
    You need to lighten up, its mild humour, a few light-hearted jokes! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Pardon?

Have you pumped like :p
  • Options
    If you want to pull, you need faceparty;)
    MSN works quite well.. especially the webcams.. not saying who with tho lmao! :lol:;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Justin Sane
    You need to lighten up, its mild humour, a few light-hearted jokes! :)

Light-hearted jokes? I'm sorry, I'm feeling a bit low tonight, that's all.
  • Options
  • Options
    What exactly were you hoping to get out of these boards Stargalaxy? You seem to be a little confused about what you are wanting.

GWST, I don't even know what I want out of life these days. If you check my Health threads, you'd see.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    He wants a miracle cure. He wants all his problems to be magically made to disappear by being on these boards.

I don't blame him, it's not a criticism, it's just never going to happen.

These boards are great to natter to random weirdos on, become friends, but you have to work at it just like you do in real life. People won't love you just because you're unhappy, it doesn't work like that; there aren't many on here who DON'T have issues of some decsription, being sad and depressed doesn't make you special or worthy of affection on that fact alone.

The cold hard fact is that affection is earned not bestowed just because the person wants it. People will give sympathy and give help, but unless they know you they won't give more.
  • Options
    I've read your health threads.

Fair enough. I don't know what I want from these threads. I see people in relationships, I get jealous. I see people doing something with their lives, I get jealous. I'm sorry to bother you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stressedstar
    i've tried to give some help and suppprt over msn, and advice but its always been thrown back in my face. i dont know what he wants

What I want is a friend. Someone who likes me for what I am. But that said, I don't blame you, Aimee. I don't even like myself. Maybe I should go and get some sleep, come back when I'm feeling better.

Ultimately, I don't really want much. Some sort of career would be nice, but constant fear of panic attacks make this difficult. Some friends would be nice, but again, same problem.
  • Options
    Fair enough. I don't know what I want from these threads. I see people in relationships, I get jealous. I see people doing something with their lives, I get jealous. I'm sorry to bother you.

And everyone else on here feels the same. Some people hide it better than others, some people just don't talk about it and pretend that everything in their life is perfect. It isn't- people are not on the internet if their lives are wonderful.

But, like in real life, you ahve to work at relationships, you have to work at friendships. You have to be yourself, you have to relax, you have to have the courage to say "this is who I am" and then to tell people who don't like it to fuck off. People don't make friendships overnight on here, it takes time for people to become close.

It looks like it's easy, and it's not. It can sometimes be easier than IRL, but only if you treat it as real life. If you are too eager you lok desperate, just like in real life, and people don't like desperation.
  • Options
    and i agree, get some sleep and come back when you're feeling better :)

Why do I get the idea that smile is fake?
  • Options
    It looks like it's easy, and it's not. It can sometimes be easier than IRL, but only if you treat it as real life. If you are too eager you lok desperate, just like in real life, and people don't like desperation.

I don't know how to deal with people. I've got all the social skills of a brick. Since June 2003, I haven't met up with a single person who is my age. These days, the only people I talk to are family members, my dog and possibly one or two random strangers in the street on a good day.
  • Options
    Why do I get the idea that smile is fake?

Because you think it's what you deserve.
  • Options
    cos your paranoid? look, i'm being nice to you!

True. It's also because you're female. I've got trust issues with women. Since the tricks they played on me at school, even if a woman is being nice to me now, I can't see it.
  • Options
    I don't know how to deal with people. I've got all the social skills of a brick. Since June 2003, I haven't met up with a single person who is my age. These days, the only people I talk to are family members, my dog and possibly one or two random strangers in the street on a good day.

Being lonely is isolating, it's the way it is. You expect to have nothing, so you do nothing because it won't work anyway. I know I act like that in real life.
  • Options
    Being lonely is isolating, it's the way it is. You expect to have nothing, so you do nothing because it won't work anyway. I know I act like that in real life.

Well, at least someone understands. All I do with my days now is use the computer, send emails to these people I've never met and probably never will, walk the dog and cry in my bedroom. Yet, you, Kermit are getting married next year. You've managed to change things. I haven't. I feel like a failure. I don't know what to do. Rather, I do, but I have no confidence or self-belief that I can do anything.