Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Why are people so against goths?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by MrG
    can you play an instrument kermit, cause i can occasionaly be quite good putting lyrics to music

i really have this weird early morning sleep deprived urge to form Cute Fluffy Bunnies in a Field

No, which is a shame.

Will a song about anal seepage do?
  • Options
    cute fluffy bunnies and anal seepage? sounds fun
  • Options
  • Options

*smells something fishy*

like a little fishy
    yes i like it quite a bit
    eat a fishy have a little fishy shitty
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    and its nothing like wearing a `I hate ******s` tshirt.

It is in the respect that they know what kind of reaction it's going to prevoke. It would be just as simple to not wear the tshirt or not dress like a goth, but they do it anyway.
    Yeah OK so they hang around in groups, but loads of teenagers do that

Yep, and everyone hates the other main group even more: neds.
    I also think a lot of people follow different fashions etc, but I dont think it means theyre going to be embarrassed about it when they get older

Practically everyone is, regardless of what group they fall into.

Except neds that is. They seem to dress like fannies their whole lives, then pass their sub-standard way of life onto their shithead kids.
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    The people who shout "goth" at us do not know us, they shout "goth" because we wear black.

I'm willing to put money on the fact they shout "goth" 'cause you wear white clown make-up and have green hair :razz:

The other week I was out and wearing very dark (almost black) Religion jeans with faded patches, one of those black belts with silver pyramid things on, a jean-chain, white and red Diesel trainers, a black Thomas Pink shirt left open at the top and bottom, and a black tie worn loose.

Even though I was wearing pretty much all black, how was any of that gothy?
    I think the point I'm trying to make is it's not just goths who get depressed

Noone ever said it was. The stereotype is that all goths are depressed, not all depressed people are goths.

Though the way they shuffle around from side to side with their faces tripping them all the time, it's not hard to see where that stereotype came from.
  • Options
    Next time one of the chav threads come up, all the people who've called themself goth and stood up for the tarry lipped creatures will all be like "OMGZ TOWNIEZ R GAY CUS THEY BEAT PEOPLE UP FOR SIDER!!!!".

The irony is so amazing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    I'm willing to put money on the fact they shout "goth" 'cause you wear white clown make-up and have green hair :razz:

Actually no. We live in Wrexham where they think the Rasmus and Linkin Park are hardcore heavy goth music. All you need to do is wear a little black to get it shouted at you... seriously.

I used to do the whole black and white make up thing, with fishnet tops ect when I was younger (the first in my town) and what did they shout?

"FUCKIN' HIPPY!"
  • Options
    i wub goths. wait... i do?

proper goths tend to be pretty interesting, not doing all this hanging about in graveyards shite and smoking clove ciggies... get a real hobby. cutting yourself doesn't count, but just in case, do it properly or quit being a fucking tryhard loser.
  • Options
    I don't think ya can get cloves in the UK.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    proper goths tend to be pretty interesting, not doing all this hanging about in graveyards shite and smoking clove ciggies... get a real hobby. cutting yourself doesn't count, but just in case, do it properly or quit being a fucking tryhard loser.
    You're really sick. That picture (which I won't quote) is absolutely horrible. I know, I know, you'll accuse me of being too sensitive or some such but seriously that's just wrong.
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    You're really sick. That picture (which I won't quote) is absolutely horrible. I know, I know, you'll accuse me of being too sensitive or some such but seriously that's just wrong.

I think it's something that would have been better off not posted.

But hey, it's only a joke.

Such a shame that some people have to go and joke about things like that, when they should damn well know better.
  • Options
    You're really sick. That picture (which I won't quote) is absolutely horrible.

Agrees. I think the picture was a bit much to be honest. I just didn't want to say anything before as I'm too soft.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    But hey, it's only a joke.

Such a shame that some people have to go and joke about things like that, when they should damn well know better.
    Precisely. I had to leave a room at a party because people were pretending to cut themselves and I couldn't handle it, but in fairness they didn't know anyone there would be bothered by it - if you know people here cut, and you have enough common sense to know that could be triggering, then for goodness' sake don't post them!
  • Options

No, I agree. That picture isn't something that should be shown on a website like this.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Agrees. I think the picture was a bit much to be honest. I just didn't want to say anything before as I'm too soft.
    No, I agree. That picture isn't something that should be shown on a website like this.
    Add me to the list. The picture disgusted even me, and I never did that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    Some people don't think do they.:(

Nope.

And I'd expect better from big man, in all honesty.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    Some people don't think do they.:(
    I suppose that sometimes we don't. :blush:
  • Options
    LIGHTEN UP, FAGGOTS!

Like I've said before, if shit like this bothers you, how the hell do you manage in real life?

I bet it's people like you who start online petitions and write STRONGLY WORDED LETTERS to companies like French Connection, telling them their 'FCUK' adverts aren't suitable 'cause it's far too close to a... NAUGHTY WORD :eek: :(
  • Options
    Kiezo, would you go drink a bottle of whiskey in a place where the anonymous alcoholics meet?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    Kiezo, would you go drink a bottle of whiskey in a place where the anonymous alcoholics meet?

If they're so anonymous, how would I know where they're meeting?
  • Options
    Erm.. just my two cents..

Goths are very misunderstood. Not all of them cut themselves and dig graves, or have picnics in graveyards. They are just people who have been shunned for being diffrent, and therefore they create their own group, with their own indentity, [black clothing etc.] and are then classed as a goth. They live with it, and thats how it is. They are just misunderstood. They don't want to die, but view death as a beautiful thing, which it is.

[Cutters can be anyone, you never know, it could your own bestfriend for crying out loud, it isnt a goth thing]

Everyone just calls them names because people are afraid of something diffrent, of change. You have to go to the other side to tell wheter or not it is greener, my point being that dont just sit there and diss them, you don't know or understand them.

On a completely unrelated topic, my friends and I were having an interesting discussion. Are there such things as Gothic Asians? Most people say they are just wannabe's. Anyone got an explanation?
  • Options
    fucking hell, talk about being oversensitive!

a lesson in life:

someone somewhere right now is making a joke about things you think are bad.

people make jokes about VERY sick things, it's human nature, we're just relatively intelligent animals after all. and yes, people i know have made jokes which have cut perhaps a little too close, but you do have to realise it's just humour. admittedly it's not very pc but if you're always pc then you're obviously a very boring person.

which leads me to jokes about anything... if you're gonna delete things about idiots cutting themselves then you can delete every other joke in the world as they all rely on someone being 'the butt' of the joke.

and don't try to argue as you know it's true.
  • Options
    and again about goths... i just found a perfect description:

People who wish to be an individual by conforming to a subculture.
    see also irony.
  • Options
    There's a time and a place for every joke. Down the pub that's fine, but not on somewhere like this. 'Tis just the way it is.

And do you seriously think that we're crying about it? I personally found the picture more offensive by the fact it has been posted sixty-nine million fucking times, and it wasn't funny the first time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    People who wish to be an individual by conforming to a subculture.
    see also irony.

That's perfectly true.

be buggered if I can remember which website came up with that though.
  • Options
    Uhm... goths are just a part of a subculture. Perhaps a 'tortured artist' is an individual, but because you're a goth doesn't make ya one in a million. If you were then they wouldn't have place like Affleck's Palace and Quiggins doing so well selling their alternative clothing. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Everyone is different & i wish they would act it.

Unfortunately there is always someone who wants to be like someone else :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Maybe it's that because computers are cool?

maybe it's cause the steriotype slits their wrists, eats babies and kills puppies?

Or maybe it's cause the rasmus are shite?

who knows? :confused:

I know this

all I know have really good taste in music:D
  • Options
    The stereotype goths do not slit their wrists, eat babies and kill puppies. That is some of the most retarded shit I've ever heard, I'm actually chuckling to myself that you believe this.

The Rasmus being shite is your opinion. You say you have good taste, that's your opinion too, and I bet a lot would disagree.

You really have just made a rather pointless and stupid post newbie. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    The stereotype goths slit their wrists, eat babies and kill puppies.

Confirming the truth behind the rumours.