Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Why are people so against goths?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you want to know why goths are so mocked, look at this about "The Green" in Newcastle:

You sad pathetic losers.

basically they all dress in black and hang about outside a shopping centre all day. Class-ay :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    We have fun, what can I say.

Anyway, I'm nearly 15
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    If you want to know why goths are so mocked, look at this about "The Green" in Newcastle:

You sad pathetic losers.

basically they all dress in black and hang about outside a shopping centre all day. Class-ay :lol:

I wish I could hang out there too. Some really cool looking people... clean too, like they bathe almost every day :S
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    I wish I could hang out there too. Some really cool looking people... clean too, like they bathe almost every day :S

I hope I detect sarcasm in this post:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    hen yuou van walk doewn the high street and the eyes can spoyt you qll dressed the same with your tax dic o your right shoulder ..then you'll rekalize what v yiyuou lost.
    let nme tr bagsain.
    when ther are npo individualds in your life /p///
    when it all has become prerfectly sterile and black and whiyte ...you'll be the prrotester ...i hoplre.
    oh dear oh dear ...i'm afraid i haven't got a clue what any of that was supposed to mean ...
  • Options
    :lol:

They've got an article in 'Important News' about how concerned they are that the area they like to 'hang out' in is being built over. I'd put bets on them trying to start a petition within the next year. Why don't they just find something normal or useful to do? A lot of them look like really good potential 'Warhammer' enthusiasts. At least it'd keep them indoors.
  • Options
    craig.jpg

Wow totally rockin!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Why are people so against goths?
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Ehh... that's the thing. Dressing like that isn't individual or different. Take a look around you, you all look the same.

Uhh... what the FUCK!? Why in God's name would you want to symbolise the evil in world? Why not oh I dunno, dress to look good?

'Cause most people (especially adults) are able to express their feelings without dressing up like a reject from the Psycho Circus.

i wear alot of black, wouldnt classsify myself as a goth. What generally happens is people try to be different. not from eachother but from thick barely domesticated closed minded chavs. Like yourself
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Why are people so against goths?
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    i wear alot of black, wouldnt classsify myself as a goth. What generally happens is people try to be different. not from eachother but from thick barely domesticated closed minded chavs. Like yourself

Yeah I'm a chav. That's why I wear a chain on my jeans, own no tracksuits, wear leather wristbands, listen to death metal, black metal and grindcore, and hate neds more than goths.

GG WP - you lose.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Why are people so against goths?
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    a chain on my jeanswear... leather wristbands

those are deathly cool too :thumb:

I'm glad I've never seen a "chav" and "goths" are next to nonexistant from what I see in public.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why are people so against goths?
    Originally posted by my_name
    those are deathly cool too :thumb:

I'm glad I've never seen a "chav" and "goths" are next to nonexistant from what I see in public.
    i have chains ...round my stony little heart.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    craig.jpg

Wow totally rockin!

is that thing hugging the rude boy male or female
  • Options
    I listen to all styles of music, If its good, I like it. I even listen to some 'goth' music. But I do find goths highly amusing. Eventually they will reach an age when they will find their past behaviour and "individuality" very embarrassing. There's nothing anyone can tell them now, just got to wait until they discover it themselves, at which point they will deny ever wearing black or whining like they do. I am a lover of heavy metal music, but you goths really piss me off. I like any music I listen to and take a liking to, be it hip hop, dance, metal or rock.
    I wear clothes I see and take a liking to, I don't follow some image to be different. YOU ARE NOT AN INDIVIDUAL. COUNTLESS PEOPLE DRESS LIKE YOU FOR THE SAME ATTENTION SEEKING REASONS. You will never understand this until you grow up and are thoroughly embarrassed about your attitude right now, and by then you will deny it. Remember this in 2 years.
  • Options
    the scary thing is, it wasnt that long since someone pleaded with me to email them and make that green website actually worthwhile to look at
  • Options
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician
    I listen to all styles of music, If its good, I like it. I even listen to some 'goth' music. But I do find goths highly amusing. Eventually they will reach an age when they will find their past behaviour and "individuality" very embarrassing. There's nothing anyone can tell them now, just got to wait until they discover it themselves, at which point they will deny ever wearing black or whining like they do. I am a lover of heavy metal music, but you goths really piss me off. I like any music I listen to and take a liking to, be it hip hop, dance, metal or rock.
    I wear clothes I see and take a liking to, I don't follow some image to be different. YOU ARE NOT AN INDIVIDUAL. COUNTLESS PEOPLE DRESS LIKE YOU FOR THE SAME ATTENTION SEEKING REASONS. You will never understand this until you grow up and are thoroughly embarrassed about your attitude right now, and by then you will deny it. Remember this in 2 years.
    yes i remember the bell bottoms and the beads ...the hair and the beard ...the patcholi oil ...the sheepskin coats ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    yeah blame the victim.
    you must all look the same, and we will beat you if you stray from the path of normality....
    what the fuck are you on about. If you judge someone for that, then it says far more about you than it does about them.

You know what he's on about. It doesn't matter about his opinions', he's telling it as other people see it, which they obviously do or this wouldn't be under discussion.

He's right though. It's like walking into Compton with an "I HATE NIGGERS" sign - it is the 'victims' fault.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    craig.jpg

You see the big monumnent behind them? That's Newcastle's cenotaph. The little shits climb all over it, vandalise it, and then whinge when people don't "respect" them for it.

I love the way they call it "The Green". It's just a patch of grass behind a shopping centre.

Look in the dictionary under "loser" and you see those two darlings- that is the cold, hard fact.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician
    They've got an article in 'Important News' about how concerned they are that the area they like to 'hang out' in is being built over. I'd put bets on them trying to start a petition within the next year.

Originally posted by some delusional moron
    Updates coming from reporters soon...

They have a whole team of reporters? :lol:
  • Options
    *squints*

Is that Eldon Square? :/
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    *squints*

Is that Eldon Square? :/

Aye, it's Old Eldon Square, the big bit of grass on Blackett Street. And the monstrosity behind is obviously Eldon Square shopping centre.
  • Options
    Ahahaha! That site is too funny!

I quote,

"YOU can STOP them from building over OUR GREEN!

You can stop this from happening by sending evidence to me via the website that we have been there for at least 20 years.............the outsides of these paths were lines with benches which had to be removed due to vandalism around 1990 which is evidence of teenagers being around."

And they think that's an argument in their favour.
  • Options
    I just dont understand why people get wound up over the way other people dress, its not particularly offensive, and its nothing like wearing a `I hate ******s` tshirt.
    Yeah OK so they hang around in groups, but loads of teenagers do that, and thats what happens, when no facilities are provided for them and theres not much else to do.
    I also think a lot of people follow different fashions etc, but I dont think it means theyre going to be embarrassed about it when they get older, theyll probably just tone down their dress sense when they have to go and get a proper job, like everyone else does, but you still stay the same inside.
    I dont feel embarrassed about the way I used to dress, I think I looked excellent LOL. I dont think its about trying to be different to everyone else, its about looking different to the suits and the key west kids, but identifying with an alternative crowd.
  • Options
    i think they're great ...along with punks and old ladies with blue hair.
    i dispair at how boring and uninteresting you would have us all be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Click.

Intresting.....

Yeah I have to agree, lately I have seen so many (especially when I was in England) people dressing gothicly just because it "fashionable"....for gods sake, why? Since when has it been fashionable to look like you died 2 weeks ago, and are attending your own funeral?

I’ve always preferred wearing darker colours with red or purple or green.

for some reason, maybe it's because I’ve become really interested in the balance between life and death/holy and evil/good and bad......I find looking very pale and wearing black (teamed with another colour-usually red-) very cool. and to be honest, I don't give a fuck about what other people think, because I’m me, not them, and I’m the only person who really matters at the end of the day.....

The music: to be honest, I like rock music, but I also love ska and reggae, techno and trance, chill out stuff, not just what is supposedly classed as "gothic". To be honest, I find the popular "gothic" stuff, really crap. HIM are very annoying, Marilyn Manson is a publicity stunt on legs.

If I had to be "classed/labelled", if you wanted to put any remotely correct to my head then it would be industrial, because I love industrial music and the dress sense that often comes with the music.

People are very much each to there own, so why do we need to put people in boxes?

Answer to original question:
    People take the piss out of people who are different to them, often because they are either jealous or scared. It’s a human response. People often don't understand why people do something so they have a go at them. I often get asked if I’m in morning, because I wear black, but it just because people don't understand that there maybe another reason to me wearing black.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I just dont understand why people get wound up

I think you confuse "wound up" and "mocking pity".

My bus stops right by "the green", and I can't help but laugh at them all. I'm glad that they're "different" though- if everyone was the same I'd have no-one to mock:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    If they prefer death over life then they are probably a little odd.

Who says goths prefer death over life? [whisper] streotype [/whisper] :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    Who says goths prefer death over life? [whisper] streotype [/whisper] :rolleyes:

Well, they do, actually.

"My life is shit, I hate myself, I want to die, I'm so misunderstood, I cut my wrists, look at me I cut my wrists, LOOK AT ME!!! don't look at me, everyone always stares at me and hates me but GIVE ME FUCKING ATTENTION!!!"

Correct me if I didn't quite put enough requests for attention in there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Well, they do, actually.

"My life is shit, I hate myself, I want to die, I'm so misunderstood, I cut my wrists, look at me I cut my wrists, LOOK AT ME!!! don't look at me, everyone always stares at me and hates me but GIVE ME FUCKING ATTENTION!!!"

Correct me if I didn't quite put enough requests for attention in there.

Well, actually many of them don't. I get classed as a goth, but then what is a goth supposed to be? Someone who dresses in black or someone who dresses in black and hates them self and wants to die and attention seeks? I'd say the former, that seems to be pretty much all a goth is, someone who wears black clothing. Many of my friends as well as myself are not in that frame of mind, and we are apparently "goths" because that's what society labels us as. The people who shout "goth" at us do not know us, they shout "goth" because we wear black.

I get called a goth a hell of a lot, but I don't go around attention seeking. granted, I used to, but that was because of personal problems, it was completely disjointed from the way I dress. I think the point I'm trying to make is it's not just goths who get depressed, and not all goths are like that. People who wear all types of clothing get depressed. And granted I know there are a lot of teen angst people who dress in black and say they hate themselves to be cool, but I am not one of them, and not every goth is like that.
  • Options
    Stereotypes are a wonderful thing.

No doubt in the next "why do people hate chavs?" thread there'll be 20,000 posts referring to Kappa and White Lightning; two "chavs" picked GWST up off the floor after she slipped badly on ice last winter. That's what life is about.

But seriously, it depends what "goth" really means. To be a "goth" really means to wear black, and to have an obsession with the occult and destruction- that is what it is to be "gothic". Gothicness and vampirism are closely linked.

Wearing a Shitnot hoody doesn't make someone a goth.

Although if "goths" don't have an obsession with death and depression, why is "goth" music characterised by depressive names and themes? I see bands called "My Dying Bride", not "Cute Fluffy Bunnies in a Field".

Again, such is life.
  • Options
    can you play an instrument kermit, cause i can occasionaly be quite good putting lyrics to music

i really have this weird early morning sleep deprived urge to form Cute Fluffy Bunnies in a Field