Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Incest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you think brother sister/ brother brother/ sister sister, are so wrong? It wrong to sexually experiment with yoursciblings?

Comments

• Options
    Waw, that may be the stupidest reply I've saw.

Why is it wrong?
  • Options
    Yup.

But, why?

I mean if you're gonna sit screaming your head off at how wrong it is, at least say why...
  • Options
    Originally posted by chriss-kun
    Do you think brother sister/ brother brother/ sister sister, are so wrong? It wrong to sexually experiment with yoursciblings?

Yes, Rise & Shine/Kiezo/Jazza Bing are living proof that brothers and sisters just aren't supposed to have kids together.

Children born out of incest = windae lickers :yes:
  • Options
    Seriously, I find it so weird that I completely know it's wrong but... I don't know why it's wrong.

Noone seems to...
  • Options
    Seriously, I find it so weird that I completely know it's wrong but... I don't know why it's wrong.

Noone seems to...

I agree with that. It's sick and I'd never do it and I think it's sick people do do it, but then it's hard to put a finger on the reason, obviously the offspring is a main concern as incest causes deformation in the baby if impregnated. I also think it's wrong because you came from the same mother, you're in the same blood pool, with all that choice out there, the millions of people in the world, why the hell would you choose someone you're related to??
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Chriss, there is already a topic discussing this in the Relationships forum.

Perhaps it would be more suitable to discuss it in there?
  • Options
    Incest: A family game for two or more players. :D

So, Stressed, what's wrong with joking about it. And why does it wind you up so much? The only conclusion I can come to is that you've been abused. That still doesn't stop a joke being funny though.
  • Options
    Err because brothers and sisters etc have the same genetic material and the point of procreation is to mix genes and continue evolution etc...so if we all just started having sex with our brothers/sisters, our genes would all start to become more and more alike and then we'd be a world of clones.

Ok, maybe that's a load of BS, but I know what I mean to say and I think you should too. If you don't then maybe it's cos you've been having sex with your siblings and your brain is warped....

Just kidding.

Anyway, the short answer to your post is that it's sick and wrong and you shouldn't want to know why. You should just accept it as law.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Chriss, there is already a topic discussing this in the Relationships forum.

Perhaps it would be more suitable to discuss it in there?

Sorry JsT. I should have probably emphasised the difference. I would like thie topic to be about Sociality and the way we have created a normality which is simply absurd. Incest is the main subject under the absurdity I wish to discuss though

Cop out ^

Sorry
  • Options
    "Anyway, the short answer to your post is that it's sick and wrong and you shouldn't want to know why. You should just accept it as law."

That's just idiotic.

I can't believe what I'm reading. You basically just said, "It's wrong because I say so."
  • Options
    Originally posted by briggi
    Err because brothers and sisters etc have the same genetic material and the point of procreation is to mix genes and continue evolution etc...

No one said anything about procreating. Having sex doesn't always mean kids are gonna pop out.
  • Options
    "Anyway, the short answer to your post is that it's sick and wrong and you shouldn't want to know why. You should just accept it as law."

That's just idiotic.

I can't believe what I'm reading. You basically just said, "It's wrong because I say so."

it is sick and wrong in her opinion, she did say in her opinion . she is after all entitled to it. she didn't once say that it's wrong because she said so, she said she views it as wrong.

also, neither did she say you shouldn't want to know why or you should accept it as law, so your entire post is pretty much wrong mate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble

So, Stressed, what's wrong with joking about it. And why does it wind you up so much? The only conclusion I can come to is that you've been abused. That still doesn't stop a joke being funny though.

I am very sure if something like that were the case the joke would not be funny at all. Someone thats been abused, especially if its by a family memeber, i highly doubt is going to find jokes about it amusing :/
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Anyway, the short answer to your post is that it's sick and wrong and you shouldn't want to know why. You should just accept it as law.
    IMHO, it's very stupid to believe (in) a person/idea/anything that you've never questioned, never tried to find the "why" and "why not" behind it.

Naturally, incest would produce genetic mistakes. This somehow is deep in people's brains and believing it's sick is the mind's defense mechanism against having something like this happen.
    From an emotional point of view, incest is wrong because the person who is your sibling/parent/child has a special relation to you that is totally different from a lover's relation. Incest destroys (or replaces) that special relation which is normally thought to be sacred.
    Adding to that, replacing the special bond between two family members does, in a way, destroy Family, which is commonly accepted as the foundation of society.

Those are some of my thoughts on the matter. Not well expressed, I'm afraid, partly because it's late and I should be sleeping and partly because I often have a difficulty putting my thoughts into words. But I think it might help find an answer anyway. I just hope you're asking the question simply because you're wondering, and not because you're thining about it...
  • Options
    Probably because if siblings repoduce, their offspring will end up with some form of deformatory. So, it's always been an un-natural thing to do, seeing as you can't repoduce healthy offspring from it.
  • Options
    well I'm glad that one was cleared up...:D
  • Options
    The only conclusion I can come to is that you've been abused. That still doesn't stop a joke being funny though.
    Re-read what you just said. Realise how utterly stupid that comment was?
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    it is sick and wrong in her opinion, she did say in her opinion . she is after all entitled to it. she didn't once say that it's wrong because she said so, she said she views it as wrong.

also, neither did she say you shouldn't want to know why or you should accept it as law, so your entire post is pretty much wrong mate.

Did you read her post? 'Cause it aint showin' in your post.

And, yes she is allowed her opinion. Just as I am allowed an opinion about her opinion.

"so your entire post is pretty much wrong mate."
  • Options
    You know how that Adam N Eve story?

What do you think happened when their babies were born? ...Or did they produce 6 billion times? Damn, Eve was a busy girl... :rolleyes:

Gay couples can't produce any offspring, is that un natural? No. Some animals have been proven to be gay. Therefore that arguement seems to be totally invalid.
  • Options
    You know how that Adam N Eve story?

What do you think happened when their babies were born? ...Or did they produce 6 billion times? Damn, Eve was a busy girl... :rolleyes:

Gay couples can't produce any offspring, is that un natural? No. Some animals have been proven to be gay. Therefore that arguement seems to be totally invalid.

You're way out of line with your comparisons of gay people and animals to people who conduct incestuous relationships. And wasn't it you who said that this wasn't a procreation related question??

Dude, I think you're trying a little to hard to be subversive here. I'm all for expressing opinions out of the ordinary but I think you're just trying to rub people up the wrong way.
  • Options
    Well, that all depends on how you believe the world began.
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac

The exact words used were "Anyway, the short answer to your post is that it's sick and wrong and you shouldn't want to know why. You should just accept it as law."

So, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! She did say you shouldn't want to know why AND she did say, you should accept it by law.

So, final question to you is, are you high, or just plain retarded?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Re-read what you just said. Realise how utterly stupid that comment was?
    How come?????
    A joke about incest can be funny. It's a joke, nothing more.

Her reactions to us making a couple of jokes about it have been well and truly OTT, she's been asked why, and refuses to give a reason. Why? Is it because she's been abused? If so, that doesn't mean that jokes about Incest aren't funny, just that it's obviously going to upset her. I'm just asking her very directly if that's the reason she is biting everybodies head off when they make jokes about incest. How is that utterly stupid?
  • Options
    I see no problem with it. And she didn't either from the looks of things. ;)
  • Options
    I can see this topic getting padlocked.

Its also fantastic to see the dont-flame brigade getting their claws dug in.
  • Options
    You're way out of line with your comparisons of gay people and animals to people who conduct incestuous relationships. And wasn't it you who said that this wasn't a procreation related question??

Dude, I think you're trying a little to hard to be subversive here. I'm all for expressing opinions out of the ordinary but I think you're just trying to rub people up the wrong way.

Okay, number one: About reproduction, I was simply arguing the validity of incest being natural.

Number two: There is NOTHING out of line about my comparison. NOTHING. It clerified the subject.

Number three: You think I'm trying to rub people up the wrong way for defending incest? That says it all...
  • Options
    Sorry JsT. I should have probably emphasised the difference. I would like thie topic to be about Sociality and the way we have created a normality which is simply absurd. Incest is the main subject under the absurdity I wish to discuss though

Cop out ^

Sorry

Regardless of which part of incestual relationships your discussing, the topic is still best suited to relationships.

Which is where this thread will be heading in the morning, if it doesnt get closed first.
  • Options
    How come?????
    A joke about incest can be funny. It's a joke, nothing more.

Her reactions to us making a couple of jokes about it have been well and truly OTT, she's been asked why, and refuses to give a reason. Why? Is it because she's been abused? If so, that doesn't mean that jokes about Incest aren't funny, just that it's obviously going to upset her. I'm just asking her very directly if that's the reason she is biting everybodies head off when they make jokes about incest. How is that utterly stupid?
    You said:
    The only conclusion I can come to is that you've been abused. That still doesn't stop a joke being funny though.
    Surely, if somebody has been abused by a family member, they're not going to find a joke about the matter funny, are they? No. They're bound to be sensitive about the subject. No, it doesn't stop the joke being funny to you, but thats a different story. I don't care whether she over-reacted or not, thats nothing to do with what I was commenting on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    I can see this topic getting padlocked.

Its also fantastic to see the dont-flame brigade getting their claws dug in.

On every single forum...every one. My topics get padolocked :mad:
  • Options
    On every single forum...every one. My topics get padolocked :mad:

Your topics get padlocked because they sometimes contain inappropriate content (similar to this one) or they turn into a slanging match.

From an old hand, I would advise you to check where your topics should go and ensure the content is suitable before posting.

What is with the huge amounts of Incest related topics recently anyway?)

JsT
This discussion has been closed.