Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tax is so fucking lame!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah must admit it was stupid but felt good you know. got off though, didnt go any further than the police station.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Orginal Nutter
    yeah must admit it was stupid but felt good you know. got off though, didnt go any further than the police station.

You little gangster!

Millwall Scum!
  • Options

it feels better seeing dangerous, violent idiots go down ;)
  • Options
    yea
  • Options
    God, I cry when I get taxed 50 quid, well...bitch, not cry.

Poor love, it feels a waste working all those hours now, eh? I can sympathise, you've got loads on your plate too. :(

x
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    yea

Where did you steal the computer from? Or do they have PC's in Strangeways nowadays?
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Where did you steal the computer from? Or do they have PC's in Strangeways nowadays?

He's a right twonk, innit. :\
  • Options
    kids, don't feed the troll.

:p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by 1983
    He's a right twonk, innit. :\

haha! i love that word.

twonk.
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    haha! i love that word.

twonk.

'tis the bees kneeeeees :D Feel free to spread the word :p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by 1983
    'tis the bees kneeeeees :D Feel free to spread the word :p

shall do :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    It was just the way he brought in the changes to his salary. He won his second term and then gave himself and all the MPs substantial payrises. Even though they had been ok-ed by the budget beforehand for working in government they still get paid tonnes!! I think it's around the £140k mark for Tony Blair, and around £80k for his cabinet ministers!

It's a demanding job but when you see Prescott with 3 jags it does seem a bit like they're getting more than their fair share. But like I said; with everything else in proportion the amount paid to MPs is nothing to worry about.

£140,000? That in reality is absolutely fuck all for what he does. As Morrocan Roll says, you'd never again be able to lead a normal life, you'd be sacrificing ever being able to go out to the pub or to the park without being swarmed with security guards etc...

I know i wouldn't do that for £140,000, that is actually fuck all.

And before you use John Prescott having 3 jags - look at the average footballer. The average footballer has more money and is generally paid better than the man who is leading this country.

[Edit: Crappy spelling]
  • Options
    £140,000 isnt actually that high in the scheme of other wages.

City brokers are more than likely to earn easily over 200,000 going on up to one or two million.
  • Options
    You can't begrudge footballers getting paid asmuch as they do.

With ticket and merchandise sales the bigger clubs make billions. Where is that money going to go? Well, who earns it? The players. No one buys a shirt with the chairman's name on the back and no one pays for a ticket to see the referee.

The money is paid to see the players so why shouldn't it go to them? It's either that or the chairman/board members get rich off the player's backs.

Don't get me wrong, it's shocking that someone gets paid £120,000 a week to play football but as I said, it has to go somewhere and the people have paid to see the players.
  • Options
    I dont begrudge it at all, you are worth in salary how much you can earn, its as simple as that.

City brokers make 10's of millions a day so they are worth a lot.

Footballers as you say make millions in t-shirt sales and such, so they are worth their wages.

Its an ugly system but, well there isnt a better one.

That and of course money only has the value you put on it. Self respect and happiness are NOT really related to the number of 00's on your paycheque.
  • Options
    Well i think everyone deserves a moan every now & then. Was alot of tax to pay. Perhaps you will get a tax rebate.
  • Options
    I've got a friend at Uni and over the summer she does some work and last pay day she got paid £210 and she got taxed £61. It kinda makes you think well is it really worth going into work for that extra day!