Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

knives

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Judging someone purely on what they own is the sign of a pathetic shallow fool who has to resort to low digs to score some points to back up her increasingly tenous position.
  • Options
    Afro-caribbean prison rates rses

Why is this organisation Blink going on about Labour, you'd think with McPherson and other such nonsense the graph would be going downwards

Blamiming everyone except those who should be blamed , the criminals themselves
    "At very concerned that at every level of the criminal justice system black people are over-represented, and that in particular more Afro-Caribbean young men are entering prison than university."

well if you commit crime and don't study what do you expect?

jeez:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Ladymuck, you are seriously full of shit.
    Why do you assume an areas proximity to the centre of London means anything?
    The rich people, contrary to popular belief don't live just outside city centres

If you knew anything, which you obviously don't you'd know that inner cities, in ANY city are normally the most deprived.
    Ever heard or Holt or Burgess?

Inner cities are traditionally made up of low quality pre war housing and 1960s flats. People who reside in them are normally first or second generation immigrants who are looking for cheap accomodation and easy access to work. I can tell you know the only jobs they will be doing in London city centre will be low paid, menial labour/customer services.
    As families get settled they can eventually afford to move out of the city into the suburbs.
    Currently the black people in Brixton will be at most 3rd generation from the immigrants who arrived in the 1950's to plug our labour shortage. You'll find a lot of young black people in Brixton are going to university and searching for ways to move away from the area. The vacum they leave will be filled by the new arrivals from Eastern Europe and the Middle East. When they have raised a few generations they too will start to spread out into the suburbs. By this time their accents and behaviour will be indistinguishable to a native white persons, or even to a black persons.
    This is the life cycle of a major city and is evident in virtually every city on the planet.

As for stop and search, the Mcpherson report said the police were racist. Full stop. As a result lots of changes were made meaning we could only stop someone if they were actually doing something and not just at random. This rule is waivered in certain situations but I won't go into that now. The people stopped will normally be people who are already known to the police for other crimes, or people who associate with that person. The police force has a massive intelligence network, easily beating anything Europe has to offer, and I've heard from American colleagues anything they have as well. We don't work on guesswork anymore, and as a result if we stop someone it's because we have reason to, not just because they're black and according to you, more of a criminal.

p.s.Why don't you take a trip to Nottingham or Liverpool. 2 cities with very low proportions of ethnic minoritiy population. Funnily enough crime in these 2 cities are in the highest in the country. But wait, there aren't any black people. Does this mean they're travelling from London just to rob us all at knife point, or does it mean white people can commit crimes as well?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    judging someone by what they own isn't such a bad thing, Asians in Southall/W. London put much emphasis on self-reliance and building the future

Maybe if more in S. London took that attitude the streets would be safer

This isn't America you know. In case you hadn't realised, traditionally what you own doesn't make you any more of a good person.
    If anything rich people tend to be utter toss pots who think they can get away with anything.

I always thought it better to judge someone on their actions. I own very little, yes I have savings and earn a decent wage but I'm not as rich as say, David Beckham.
    According to your "rules" that illiterate, poor excuse for a footballer/human being is a better person, simply because he has material wealth.
    If he was poor you would cross the street to avoid him, but because he's rich, and because he used to be able to play football (judging from his recent attempts he won't be on a team much longer) you think you should be sniffing his arse like any other good hanger-on and worshipping him because he has a few million in the bank.
    Yet me, a fairly low wealth person who wanders the streets trying to keep the peace is technically a piece of scum because i don't earn a mercedes.
    God knows what you think of nurses.
  • Options
    Afro-caribbean prison rates rses

Why is this organisation Blink going on about Labour, you'd think with McPherson and other such nonsense the graph would be going downwards

Blamiming everyone except those who should be blamed , the criminals themselves

well if you commit crime and don't study what do you expect?

jeez:rolleyes:

Again, simply blindingly sophisticated analysis on your part. Well done. :rolleyes:
    It is a fact that black people tend to get harsher sentences than white people. Thats institutional racism that is.
    I think there is possibly a problem in some black communities, but to put it down to skin colour is simplistic racist nonsense. Years and years of discrimination, racism, lack of opportunity, poverty etc have a lot more to do with it. Racism is still rife in this society, something that you demonsrate on here every day quite nicely.
    How about you go and study some sociology and then we can discuss this properly.
  • Options
    Funnily enough crime in these 2 cities are in the highest in the country. But wait, there aren't any black people. Does this mean they're travelling from London just to rob us all at knife point, or does it mean white people can commit crimes as well?

What crime, you don't mention that

High rates of city-centre punch-ups yes

viscious pointless crimes against the person I doubt it

I thought there was a Notthm crack problem anyway , yes?

Notthm like a lot of other n/Midland cities has seen proly more economic downturn than London where, other than visciousness + greed there's no excuse for the shit that goes down like a guy getting his eye ripped out on a bus in vauxhall, like estate agent stabbed in face in battersea...

Blagsta, that sociology textbook is worth its weight in bog-roll
  • Options
    Blagsta, that sociology textbook is worth its weight in bog-roll

If thats what you think, its no wonder your analysis is at about the level of a 12 year old.
  • Options
    Notthm like a lot of other n/Midland cities has seen proly more economic downturn than London where, other than visciousness + greed there's no excuse for the shit that goes down like a guy getting his eye ripped out on a bus in vauxhall, like estate agent stabbed in face in battersea...

I can tell you, this sort of shit happens in Birmingham all the time. And no, its not just black people, its asian people and white people. In fact some of the worst unprovoked violence I've witnessed was from white people. But I've also been beaten up by a black man and had threats from asian men.
    Skin colour means fuck all. Why do you keep bringing it up? Why does peoples skin colour bother you so much? :confused:
  • Options
    It happens in Sheffield as well. I was held up at gunpoint in Sheffield in the early 90's. By a gang of white men. Do I think all white men are gangsters? No. Why not? 'cos I'm not an idiot, unlike some people round here...
  • Options
    What crime, you don't mention that

High rates of city-centre punch-ups yes

viscious pointless crimes against the person I doubt it
    Well that's exactly what a city-centre punch up amounts to ladymuck... :rolleyes:

Since you seem so eager to get into breakdown of crime by race I'm surprise you mention "city punch-ups". Alcohol-fuelled GBHs are ever on the increase and very often involve savage beatings or horrific injuries to the face by that time-honoured tradition of 'glassing'.

I could go on and mention that the majority of such incidents are perpetrated by pure-white, British males. But then again that doesn't matter to me because unlike you I don't have a racist agenda to push or any shit to stir and I have enough brain cells to understand that race is not relevant or related to crime.

I'll give you one thing ladymuck: you're shit at debating, you're shit at backing up your claims and you're shit at trolling, but you're sure damn good at avoiding getting banned, considering the amount of sustained racist bullshit you spout on these boards.
  • Options
    but you're sure damn good at avoiding getting banned, considering the amount of sustained racist bullshit you spout on these boards.

and you Aladdin have been over these boards like a mad, left-wing rash with your exaggerated hyperbole, your insistence on having the last word and your convergence of most threads to a diatribe on Bush/Blair/Iraq

easy for you just keep spouting the word racist when someone points out a truth not to your liking

if I do end up getting banned it'll be me pushing the envelope nothing to do with you or Blobsta becususe you say nothing I've not considered and dismissed as tedious PC denial
  • Options
    Oh don't get over yourself darling I have never asked for anyone to be banned and you're certainly no exception.

I'm simply noting that unlike most others who can't contain themselves too long before crossing 'red lines' and using certain words or making certain statements, you have shown the restrain of pushing your nasty agenda in a rather more subtle way. Then again perhaps you have previous experiences from other boards...

Don't even get me started on "truths" ladymuck. Your debating and logic comes straight of the BNP book of lies and smearing and I can't recall a single time when you have been able to back up any of your claims.

Nor I recall you denying being a racist or a BNP sympathiser too often either. That is something that would surely bother to most decent people... you on the other hand don't seem to mind to be associated with such scum. I wonder why...
  • Options
    Nor I recall you denying being a racist or a BNP sympathiser too often either. That is something that would surely bother to most decent people... you on the other hand don't seem to mind to be associated with such scum. I wonder why...

I've only been associated with BNP by you

If I were BNP I'd say, it wouldn't bother me to do so

I's fairly respectable these days, didn't you know

But then you don't know, you part of that international rentamob with rigid views on all right-wing despots like Thatch (elected 3 times while you were in nappies)

v. predictable
  • Options
    You've never flatly denied being in the BNP, and you always avoid answering the question on where your political loyalties lie. That to me suggests you are embarassed for us to know.

As for the crime, I'm talking about violent crime/burglary e.t.c.
    Petty street crime is carried out on a huge scale here, it's truly disturbing. And the majority of people doing it are white.

Since when HASN'T a pub punch up or glassing in a city centre been an assault?
  • Options
    Since when HASN'T a pub punch up or glassing in a city centre been an assault?

I shouldn't have to point out to you the difference between incidents occuring where all participants have taken drink and the nightmarish crimes we heaer all to much of in London.
    The police force has a massive intelligence network, easily beating anything Europe has to offer, and I've heard from American colleagues anything they have as well.

Well it didn't stop that gruop walking masked with a knife stabbing the youth in Fulham, it fact if it's so good there hardly be any crime would there?

They've American hobby-bobbies (aka not a proper copper) then?
  • Options
    if I do end up getting banned it'll be me pushing the envelope nothing to do with you or Blobsta becususe you say nothing I've not considered and dismissed as tedious PC denial

Pushing the envelope? LOL! :D
    The only thing you're pushing is a nasty fucked up racist agenda.
  • Options
    But then you don't know, you part of that international rentamob with rigid views on all right-wing despots like Thatch (elected 3 times while you were in nappies)

According to your profile, I've got a good few years on you.
  • Options
    Come on shadyfuck, answer the question
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Skin colour means fuck all. Why do you keep bringing it up? Why does peoples skin colour bother you so much? :confused:
  • Options
    I shouldn't have to point out to you the difference between incidents occuring where all participants have taken drink and the nightmarish crimes we heaer all to much of in London.

Well it didn't stop that gruop walking masked with a knife stabbing the youth in Fulham, it fact if it's so good there hardly be any crime would there?

This happens in plenty of other places too y'know. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Okay, everybody calm down and Ladymuck you are so close to the line of what is acceptable here.

Racism is not allowed on these boards and your posts are becoming increasingly unacceptable. Anything more and you will be banned.

I'm afraid that these boards do not view racism as acceptable, people that are racist may find other boards more welcoming.
  • Options
    If I were BNP I'd say, it wouldn't bother me to do so

I's fairly respectable these days, didn't you know

BNP? Respectable? :lol:

Never.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    Ladymuck you are so close to the line of what is acceptable here.

Close to the line maybe, but on the wrong side.

BTW I know that this place has certain rules but do we really want to ban this racist? That would just give her cause to feel agrieved and I think we achieve more by showing her to be the ignorant fool that she is...
  • Options

Not that it's got anything to do with this topic but yes they do.
    They are hired out by small suburban communities to guard and patrol. Rent-a-cops are their affectionate term.

And I know you're trying to rile me with all these constant comments about my chosen career, but let me ask you, what the hell do you do, if anything that makes you any judge of a person's job? The amount of time you spend on the internet during the daytime would suggest some pointless activity in an office or call centre. Go on, prove me wrong.
  • Options
    God is that word 'racist' over-used

the legacy of labour is that race/religion/ethnicity gets such a kid-glove treatment by the media and the political classes

Local rags give crime briefs with descriptions that mysteriously include the colour of clothing but no description of ethnicity, if there's a picture of a community event/school the ethnic child has usually a mandatory prominent position

Lots of all that, it's an agenda and it's annoying to a cynical free-thinker like myself. If i wanted to get below the surface of that agenda I'd have to probe the Web as mainstream media has a blanket on much that happens

as for the BNP I know someone from a very long time ago who's been a candidate for Councillor, must chase him up sometime and see how's Life has treated him, but that's the extent of it
  • Options
    Nice evasion of my question there.:lol:
  • Options
    Nice evasion of my question there

What are you on about, how I vote, mind your own business? Political allegiances, again MYOB

i'm not asking yours or anyone's here

I only take the rise out of your job as you come on the big man telling us about antics like pouring away teens drinks and other such front-line activities (it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it)
  • Options
    God is that word 'racist' over-used

Yeah, that figures, eh? :rolleyes:
    the legacy of labour is that race/religion/ethnicity gets such a kid-glove treatment by the media and the political classes

I agree that sometimes things aren't talked about in an honest fashion for fear of offence. This is a direct legacy of overt racism, the sus laws, "no blacks, no Irish" etc.
    Thing is ladymuck, you don't want an honest debate. You just want a simplistic one, with absolutley no analysis of class, economics, society, history etc. You just want to blame it all on colour.
    Local rags give crime briefs with descriptions that mysteriously include the colour of clothing but no description of ethnicity, if there's a picture of a community event/school the ethnic child has usually a mandatory prominent position

Rubbish. If its a black person committing a crime, its always mentioned. Same with asian, same with white etc. Dunno what papers you're reading, The Beano maybe?
    Lots of all that, it's an agenda and it's annoying to a cynical free-thinker like myself. If i wanted to get below the surface of that agenda I'd have to probe the Web as mainstream media has a blanket on much that happens

Critical free thinker? Ha! Don't make me laugh. You're about as critical as a 10 year old. You have a specific set of beliefs around colour and culture that you are unwilling to have challenged. You spout crap about Brixton, then when challenged that you actually know nothing about it, you say you don't want to come here anyway. Very "free thinking" that, eh?
    as for the BNP I know someone from a very long time ago who's been a candidate for Councillor, must chase him up sometime and see how's Life has treated him, but that's the extent of it

I think you're lying.
  • Options
    What are you on about, how I vote, mind your own business? Political allegiances, again MYOB

i'm not asking yours or anyone's here

I only take the rise out of your job as you come on the big man telling us about antics like pouring away teens drinks and other such front-line activities (it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it)

OK, how about answering my questions?

Why do you bring race into every issue? Why does skin colour bother you so much? Why are you scared of people different to you?
  • Options
    You spout crap about Brixton, then when challenged that you actually know nothing about it, you say you don't want to come here anyway. Very "free thinking" that, eh?

Socrates spent much of his time in a barrel but few would think him other than a free thinking person. My disinclination to travel to Brixton to sample its delights hardly discounts me one way or the other
    Rubbish. If its a black person committing a crime, its always mentioned. Same with asian, same with white etc. Dunno what papers you're reading, The Beano maybe?

No, the local papers I'm reading

have you seen those ads about Benefit Fraud by the DWP, I've yet to see anyone featured on them who wasn't white.

Same with anti-mugger posters in London . Everyone knows the score though
  • Options
    Socrates spent much of his time in a barrel but few would think him other than a free thinking person. My disinclination to travel to Brixton to sample its delights hardly discounts me one way or the other

Comparing yourself to Socrates are you? You're not just stupid, you're deluded as well.
    No, the local papers I'm reading

have you seen those ads about Benefit Fraud by the DWP, I've yet to see anyone featured on them who wasn't white.

Same with anti-mugger posters in London . Everyone knows the score though

You must live in another city called London then. Are you in Canada? :confused: