Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

"Multiculturalism has had it's day"

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Betraying your total ignorance again. They do stir up anti-asylum seeker feelings.
    Read this
    http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/news/myths/myth001.htm
    and this
    http://www.ramproject.org.uk/communicator.php?story=34
    being 2 examples I could dig up with a cursory search
  • Options
  • Options
    Fairynuff, I haven't been to Bradford for about 13 years.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Because he's exactly the sort of person who would complain about immigrants not speaking English when he can't even write legibly.

So maybe the guy/gal is dyslexic?

Now it wouldn't be PC to pick on a dyslexic person :p
  • Options
    They could use a spellchecker.
  • Options
    spellcheckers often don't work well for dyslexic people cause their spelling is so bad the checker doesn't know what the person is trying to say.

my best friend has that problem. often the spellchecker will change her miss-spellings to totally different words.
  • Options
    ha ha ha ! absolutely right moonrat. blagsta needs to go on a dyslexia awareness course; im sure there's a lefty council near him that runs one. workshops on how to empathise with the linguistically challenged community. he should be ashamed of his elitist spelling prowess! tut tut!
  • Options
    Fuck off Major Tom you tedious prick.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Don't make me mad, I am enjoying my Friday afternoon. If I see either of you take the piss out of each other again today I won't be responsible for my actions.
  • Options
    Its funny how Major Tom relies on little personal digs when he can't answer any of my posts.
  • Options
    And its funny how you rise to the bait every time :p
  • Options
    Oh and btw, I have a friend on another board who is dyslexic and who's grammar and spelling is hard to follow. But his points make sense if you perserve with them - qwerty's don't. Which leads me to the conclusion that he/she is not dyslexic, merely a bit hard of thinking.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Indeed, there they are, trying to get this mess sorted by killing or expelling every single Palestinian in the whole of the region, and those bleeding-heart liberals complain about it.

Where's the world coming to!

Exactly - every single fucking coffee-shop and restaurant has a security guard, cause we're afraid of all the palestinians we've already killed or simply don't exist in the area.

I don't know if I've suggested before, if so I'll repeat it - you always suggest people that you'll buy them a ticket to visit a muslim country and experience how muslims are normal people, right?
    Well I suggest that you instead do yourself a favour, buy a ticket to Jerusalem and experience what goes on here on the Israeli side - that includes the everyday interaction Jews have with Israeli arabs and palestinians. And not only that, you'll get to experience a society made up of people from all over the world.
    Yes, I do believe that it is quite an experience seeing the traces of so many different cultures - including the arabic/muslim.
  • Options
    Before you get (again) your knickers in a twist Jacqs I'd advise you to read if not the whole thread at least the 3 pages previous to this post of mine you've picked up on.

You may then notice a newcomer going under the name of qwerty123 who have been making rather outrageous, unfounded and completely off-the-mark comments about a range of subjects.

The post you have chosen to comment on was a direct response to our friend qwerty here and his silly, bordering on trolling contributions.

I don't you know if you just search for the word 'Israel' when you visit the forum or tend to skip some posts, but the keyword you're missing here is 'context'.

Having both been on these boards for a long time I’d have hoped that by now you can tell when I’m being sarcastic or simply countering what I perceive to be outrageous statements.
  • Options
    qwerty, must you be so argumentative?
  • Options
    You have no idea how we feel about you. We have no idea how we feel about you. No one here knows you and I seriously doubt anyone feels strongly enough to hate you.

We exchange ideas, if someone doesn't like your ideas it doesn't mean they don't like you.

The reason people want you to give evidence to back up your claims is so they can debate with you, not so they can laugh at you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by qwerty123
    but from what i've said before, most of my evidense would come from the Sun, which will make people laugh.

I have no idea about how you feel about me, but i don't hate none of you, just disgree polically and want to be nice to you.

I say this with no bias, as I haven't actually read anything that you have written as I left out the big chunk in the middle.

May I suggest reading a broadsheet. I know you described the Guardian as "depressing" but it is much more reliable than the Sun. The tabloids often exxagerate (sp) and use shock tactics, so not everything you read is necessarily the truth and if it is true, it is not always accurate.

If you feel so strongly, then I suggest you read a right-wing broadsheet. They have the same opinion as the Sun/Mirror, but execute it in a better way.

Just don't buy the Mail.
  • Options
    I think you are a little bit confused....

To make a credible argument you need to support yourself with information from more than one source. It might also help to be able to recognise the bias of the sources you are using.

As for being so nice, there is no need to take what people are saying here personally.
  • Options
    whats everyones problem with the Mail please expalin... cheers.

If I read a broadsheet it would have to be the telegraph or the Times, I couldn't possibley read the Guardian, sorry.

I just find it to be a load of claptrap. It uses shock tactics, exagerates greatly and makes up a lot of things. Everything has bias.

And if you have such a problem with the Guardian (which I don't understand personally) then read the Telegraph or the Times. :)

At least then you would be debating with actual fact, rather than the crap you find in the tabloids. Fair enough, tabloids are nice to read, but they just aren't reliable as far as debate goes.

Am I making sense?
  • Options
    You can read it on the internet. I'm beginning to wonder if you are just taking the michael.
  • Options
    whats everyones problem with the Mail please expalin... cheers.

It's no coincidence that you will find them referred to as "Hate Mail" here. The Mail is openly xenophobic and once, back in the 30s, contained the headline "Hurrah for the Blackshirts" in support of the UK Facists...

As Lady says, reliable sources would be better quotes, including the BBC. Beware of CNN and Fox because they have a very pro-US stance.
  • Options
    I'm just not sure why you want to discuss things on the politics boards if you don't really have an interest in politics?
  • Options
    You just said you don't read the guardian because of certain political issues, and you prefer the sports and entertainment section, that's all. If you want to find out more about politics you are more than welcome here.
  • Options
    Everything you read is biased in one way or another. That is why people are encouraging you to read from a wide range of sources.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    Yes Iam dyslexic. You guys don't want to know anyway. Asylum seekers are better spellers than me so thats good aint it?

OK, fair enough. I apologise for taking the piss out of your spelling and grammar. But you did rather set yourself up for it.
    I'll take the piss out of your views though...unless you can justify them and back them up sensibly that is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    yep. lol at the Mail thing lol.

I prefer tabloids due to they feature lots of stuff like celebs, lots of sport, problem pages you know.

How ever broadsheets are interesting with polictics etc.

I dojn't like the Guardian as I think it's really depressing as it's main news is war which i hate and find depressing. I think there news is bisaed. How ever againlol, some of the features are informative and I would read it if someone gave it me fore nowte (FREE). lol

I don't mind the Guardian, although to be honest I think if I'm gonna read anything it'll be the latter, or the Big Issue. I don't like reading about celebs or what's happening on Corination Street or problem pages saying "I caught my girlfriend sucking off my neighbour's horse" and all that, I prefer environmental, scientific news... usually leftist stuff, but not annoyingly so.