Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Missing her is hurting,

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well as alot of people know I am currently in a long distence relationship and I wish I could talk to her every second of the day, be in her arms hold her and just even speak to her but I can't and it's doing my head in.

Eg tonight we spoke on msn then I rung her spoke for 10-15min as it was her mob I had to go, now I wish I could ring her again. but I know she's asleep and it's not fair on her anyway, we was gonna meet on 27th but now I've got to wait till easter (it'll be better in easter as some private things will be sorted out thats why I'm not going now)

Anyway I missing her sooooooooooo much and not speaking to her makes me feel..bad.. and upset...

Is there anything I can do to make myself feel better???

Comments

• Options
    awww *huggles* I know exactly how you feel as I am also in a long distance relationship. However I am afraid there is nothing that can really make you feel better, you just have to deal with it and look forward to seeing her and things. How far do you live from your gf anyway?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    awww *huggles* I know exactly how you feel as I am also in a long distance relationship. However I am afraid there is nothing that can really make you feel better, you just have to deal with it and look forward to seeing her and things. How far do you live from your gf anyway?

I'm in essex she's in grimsby :'( 5hours train travaling to go see her and costs about 70-80quid but it's all worth it and everything :) I love her soooo much it hurts not speaking to her:(
  • Options
    Seriously, do you think like that or do you just get so used to telling her you miss her like she wants to hear it's habit to go on about it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ginner
    Seriously, do you think like that or do you just get so used to telling her you miss her like she wants to hear it's habit to go on about it?

No.. I seriously miss her like crazy.. I wish I could just be in her arms..holding and being with her. It's called having feelings for someone... feelings which mean alot and make you happy.. but when you can't be with the person or speak to the person it makes you sad... although I know I'd never lose her or dump her because of it.

why do you ask? are you questioning my motives for missing her?
  • Options
    you can't miss something you've never had.
  • Options
    Re: Missing her is hurting,
    Originally posted by Hellfire

Is there anything I can do to make myself feel better???

Move house?

Facts are that you have just described a long distance relationship. There's nothing to be done.

Personally I think it is easier when you are more sure of each other, so I think it is easier the longer you have been in the relationship, but then that is balanced out by it being more difficult to leave the other person each time.

So basically, you can move.
  • Options
    Being in a LDR is never easy, but it will get easier with time. I've been with my boyfriend for 3 and a half years and at the start I felt exactly like you did. We used to talk on msn a lot and then he would phone me on my mobile almost every night (resulting in very expensive phone bills), but I still managed to miss him like mad. After we had met a few times we began to get into a routine as to when we would see each other, we decided on every other weekend and that has basically stuck. Knowing when I'm going to see him makes it a lot easier, as I know at the most I've only got about 10 days to wait. I've now got used to seeing him every other weekend and it doesn't bother me that much, of course I go through patches of really missing him and wanting to be with him, but I know I can't. Trust me after a while you will get used to it, you just need to stick with it.

I take it if you're paying £70-80 for a train ticket you haven't got a young persons railcard. I would definately suggest buying one, they only cost £18 for a year and it saves you a 1/3 off any journey. So in just one journey you would save about £25, therefore, getting the money back and more! Railcards are a LDR must! I would also suggest trying to buy your ticket well in advance, as you can also save a lot of money.
  • Options
    Thank's people it's just agonisling:( I hate being so...far away from the person I love...
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    you can't miss something you've never had.

Not true . . . well, kind of.

I think he doesn't miss her in the physical sense, but he misses talking to her and the idea of her. If that makes sense. I don't think he means he misses her physically, because that's just not possible, but in that sense, he probably wants her so badly it hurts.

I make no sense sometimes . . .
  • Options
    No.. I seriously miss her like crazy.. I wish I could just be in her arms..holding and being with her. It's called having feelings for someone... feelings which mean alot and make you happy.. but when you can't be with the person or speak to the person it makes you sad... although I know I'd never lose her or dump her because of it.

why do you ask? are you questioning my motives for missing her?

No, it's just I have girlfriend from uni and when I'm home during the holidays I just get on with things, living the rest of my life. I wouldn't go off and find someone else, she's irreplacable and it's always a fun happy occasion when we're together again, but it's not like a disabilitating separation that renders me soppy and incapable of functioning.

I call her to say hi and catch up, not because I have a non-stop pining but more out of habit or because she says she's missing me.

The way you describe it just sounds a little too needy. I don't know who's more normal. I thought total dependance was more of a female characteristic.

Go figure.
  • Options

70-80quid

got a young persons rail card?

just to be nosey, where do you get the money to visit her from?
  • Options
    he's not even met her :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    he's not even met her :rolleyes:

:heart:
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    :heart:

:p
  • Options
    Just because you've not met someone doesn't mean you can't get close to them and miss them... It's a different kind of missing than if you have met them that i will agree. If you havent met someone and you miss them, you are more missing what could be, rather than missing what you actually have with that person.

And yes, get a young person's railcard. They're fabby!
  • Options
    I'm in essex she's in grimsby
    She's in Grimsby? I'm from Cleethorpes (practically the same place) but live away from home and my gf is still in Grimsby. Guess I'm trying to say I know how you feel mate - paying all that money to get there is pretty harsh! You want to try going to the football match too! Talk about waste of time! My hometown though, reasonable excuse :rolleyes:. Oh yeah, the gf...yeah I miss her but not to a point where I'm sad and moping about. She doesn't complete my life; she compliments it. You should be able to be happy when you're not with her and even happier when you're together.
  • Options
    Well I suppose a young person's rail card could be handy:)

the money comes from months of saving. I now got 75% of the money and would've hand it all by this weekend.

I'm on £15 a week atm plus extra if I do some extra work:)

I'm happy when I'm not with her but it hurts and really badly miss her,

I just this min got of the phone and I feel so... Woa.. But sometimes I get parnoid that if we don't speak for a few days I'll lose her, I'm scared of losing her I guess. I love her to much.

I Don't want to be scared... I just am.
  • Options
    Well I suppose a young person's rail card could be handy:)

the money comes from months of saving. I now got 75% of the money and would've hand it all by this weekend.

I'm on £15 a week atm plus extra if I do some extra work:)

I'm happy when I'm not with her but it hurts and really badly miss her,

I just this min got of the phone and I feel so... Woa.. But sometimes I get parnoid that if we don't speak for a few days I'll lose her, I'm scared of losing her I guess. I love her to much.

I Don't want to be scared... I just am.

It doesn't matter if you turn into a complete arsehole but please, get some self confidence and security.

It's important.
  • Options
    easyer said than done.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    Not true . . . well, kind of.

I think he doesn't miss her in the physical sense, but he misses talking to her and the idea of her. If that makes sense. I don't think he means he misses her physically, because that's just not possible, but in that sense, he probably wants her so badly it hurts.

I make no sense sometimes . . .

i understood that....

I know what its like when i was 16 i saw in a LDR with a lad in manc, and it was horrible.... we missed each other soo much, and its not them as such, its the fact you have a bf/gf but cant do the gf bf thing...
    All you can do is count the days hunny...!!

love sarah xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by _Hermione_
    i understood that....

I know what its like when i was 16 i saw in a LDR with a lad in manc, and it was horrible.... we missed each other soo much, and its not them as such, its the fact you have a bf/gf but cant do the gf bf thing...

love sarah xxxxxxxx

Aww thanks hunni:) *bigs huggles*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Powboskie
    She doesn't complete my life; she compliments it. You should be able to be happy when you're not with her and even happier when you're together.

That's very well put. And you used a semi-colon. Very nice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by _Hermione_
    i understood that....

love sarah xxxxxxxx

MY GOD! I made sense to somebody YAY!!!!!!!

And I totally agree with the not being able to do the bf/gf thing. Which is why I'm such a flirt *ashamed*
  • Options
    You made sence sence to me girl:p

you always do..
  • Options
    I had a LDR once, he was in essex me up here, it was like u hellfire, a long journey on the train 4/5 hours, but it didnt cost that much i managed to get cheap tickets. It didnt work out in the end for me though as i was younger than him, plus i cheated on him due to hardly seeing him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    I had a LDR once, he was in essex me up here, it was like u hellfire, a long journey on the train 4/5 hours, but it didnt cost that much i managed to get cheap tickets. It didnt work out in the end for me though as i was younger than him, plus i cheated on him due to hardly seeing him.

Awww sorry it didn't work out.. you should behave yourself though:naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    That's very well put. And you used a semi-colon. Very nice.
    Thanks for noticing. And you used short sentences. Good effect.
  • Options
    Awww sorry it didn't work out.. you should behave yourself though:naughty:

sorry, i will do in future :angel:.... erm, well i'l try ;)
  • Options
    I've totally lost the plot. Has he met her or hasn't he? Hmm.... Confuzzled......

Meh. LDR's aren't as much of a waste of time if you think about it (from a whore's point of view. I'm not saying I am one, I'm just saying let's look at it like that). Well, you get the whole 'I've got a bf' thang when there are ugly people around, but when there are gorgeous people around, there's n o bf there to see anything happen.

I'm not saying be unfaithful or anything. Actually, I can't remember what I was saying....

Nomi *talks a load of b_llocks*
    XxxXxxX
  • Options
    Originally posted by Nomi
    I've totally lost the plot. Has he met her or hasn't he? Hmm.... Confuzzled......

Meh. LDR's aren't as much of a waste of time if you think about it (from a whore's point of view. I'm not saying I am one, I'm just saying let's look at it like that). Well, you get the whole 'I've got a bf' thang when there are ugly people around, but when there are gorgeous people around, there's n o bf there to see anything happen.

I'm not saying be unfaithful or anything. Actually, I can't remember what I was saying....

Nomi *talks a load of b_llocks*
    XxxXxxX

no. to declare things, he has not met this girl he loves.

and cheatin is never acceptable. even if its not technically cheatin!