Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

40% Don't want black neighbours

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Major Tom
    poverty does not cause crime, that's crap. my parents were both born in the aftermath of ww2, when there was abject poverty, rationing was still in place and neither of them have a criminal record. crime is a result of personal weakness and lack of respect for the consequences of your actions. some crime is petty, some crime is heinous, but it all involves breaking the law somehow.
    sorry to dissilusion you but ...there was nowt worth nicking! it was a different world then. there were of course burglars but these were professionals who would be targetting houses known to have cash, silver etc. there was nothing worth pinching in the fifties in your average working class household. plus ...the comunity spirit was completely different then ...people tended to stay where they were born so everyone knew everyone else. people were in and out of each others houses more ...you couldn't nick your nieghbours radio and expect to get away with it. no one would have dreamed of doing it back then anyway but society has not only become bigger and more faceless it has also been bombarded with consumerism.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    ...the comunity spirit was completely different then ..............but society has not only become bigger and more faceless it has also been bombarded with consumerism.

Of course that is the fault of all the darkies of all the people who came to "steal the jobs".

No offence to those of you who are racist but are inclined to say otherwise, but when you say something like that, I don't think you understand how stupid you sound.
    where a disproportionate amount of crime was being committed by some black people.

I'm sure you could get the same ethnic balance in a nicer area and the crime numbers would be different. However, if you were living in one of those areas where all of "them" ( some people call the black people) were living in shite council flats, and all of "you" ( some people call them white people) were living in nice houses, then of course they would be stealing from you.
  • Options
    BlackArab
    Well I lived in the equivalent area in Bristol but 99% white with the criminals being the same.

so the white crime was proportionate to the population

The thread originated from a poll on perceptions of non-whites by whites. i'd have thought it could be discussed without the usual racist tag
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    BlackArab

so the white crime was proportionate to the population

I think he was suggesting that he had similar figures to yours, but in an area which was 99% white. Implying that white people steal more than black people. Which is fair enough, looking at the ratio.

I think you think he was saying that 99% of crime was commited by white people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Of course that is the fault of all the darkies of all the people who came to "steal the jobs".

Yeah, cos MR meant that :rolleyes:

Oh, and LadyFilth, the analogy is not poor. Most predominantly black or ethnic areas ARE poor, with a lot of rented accomodation in decaying housing; you have to look at the equivalent areas for white people. Which are the sink estates, simple as.

Yes, as a proportion of the population, ethnic minorities commit more "street" crime than white people do, because a larger proportion of ethnics minorities are living in poverty. Compare ethnics to white council estaters, say, and the proportion is not so startling though.

Though before you go ranting about blacks, maybe you should consider one fact: white people are more likely to commit white-collar crime than ethnic minorities, so I guess it depends on what you think is worse- nicking someones mobile phone or fraudulently ruining their pension fund.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Yeah, cos MR meant that :rolleyes:

I never said he did. That is what a lot of people say. They say what he said, then justify what he said by saying what I said. Or is that the other way around......hmm, yeah, sorry Rolly, didn't mean it like that.
  • Options
    so I guess it depends on what you think is worse- nicking someones mobile phone or fraudulently ruining their pension fund.

such theft is overseen by regulatory bodies, compensation is often possible, no violence or possible rape involved
    white people are more likely to commit white-collar crime

unless they're scamming Nigerians
  • Options
    Jesus Christ. And you were complaining that the "racist tag" is put out too soon here?

I wonder why that would be...
  • Options
    I never said he did. That is what a lot of people say. They say what he said, then justify what he said by saying what I said. Or is that the other way around......hmm, yeah, sorry Rolly, didn't mean it like that.
    i pressume the confusion is from me saying people tended to stay where they were born? i was reffering to your average white working class areas in the fifties ...not imigrants.
    the working class people of the fifties which started to include west indians then ....who by the way were very disilusioned having come from well disciplined christian families as a rule ...did the same. they didn't travel or move to find employment which meant everyone knew everyone ...the tag of thief or robber in those days would have meant the entire comunity ...black and white would have shunned you ...turned you over to the old bill etc.
    niether black or white had anything worth nicking, just their families to work and provide for.
    consumerism is the root of crime.
    ...and who the fuck thinks white collar crime ....mostly comitted by whites is any different or more excusable than any other theft!?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Major Tom
    poverty does not cause crime, that's crap. my parents were both born in the aftermath of ww2, when there was abject poverty, rationing was still in place and neither of them have a criminal record. crime is a result of personal weakness and lack of respect for the consequences of your actions. some crime is petty, some crime is heinous, but it all involves breaking the law somehow.

Yes, of course, you're so right. How could we all have been so stupid. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    off the top of my head ...two almost exclusively white areas in manchester ...wythenshaw and brinnington. go there lady muck and see if you come out alive!
  • Options
    wythenshaw and brinnington. go there lady muck and see if you come out alive!

Poverty can come in to the equation but it gives no excuse for murdering in the course of a mugging. As for London, those sink estates are a very good deal being cheap and affordable compared to private rented accomodation or buying. I've been in a tower block and found them qute acceptable as value for money.It's the mindset of the predatory criminal that's wrong
  • Options
    Yeah and thats 'cos they're n.iggers innit. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Blagsta, you are lowering the tone. Try and say something constructive in your next post?

Ladymuck, you are walking on thin ice..........
  • Options
    Poverty can come in to the equation but it gives no excuse for murdering in the course of a mugging. As for London, those sink estates are a very good deal being cheap and affordable compared to private rented accomodation or buying. I've been in a tower block and found them qute acceptable as value for money.It's the mindset of the predatory criminal that's wrong
    thats the modern rat race for you ...not an excuse.
    hundreds of thousands of people crammed into cages without much hope or much of anything can only produce despair and violence. any creature would come out of such an experiment pretty much the same.
  • Options

For safety's sake, i would never live in a black area [/B]

Are you still wondering why you get the racist 'tag' ?
  • Options
    I think he was suggesting that he had similar figures to yours, but in an area which was 99% white. Implying that white people steal more than black people. Which is fair enough, looking at the ratio.

I think you think he was saying that 99% of crime was commited by white people.

Just to clarify, I was pointing out that wherever you live, crime occurs and a good proportion of it by the locals whoever they might be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Just to clarify, I was pointing out that wherever you live, crime occurs and a good proportion of it by the locals whoever they might be.
    yeah ...most of it round here is comitted by very grey welsh people. but to be fair to them ...wales is populated mostly with very grey welsh people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Blagsta, you are lowering the tone. Try and say something constructive in your next post?

Ladymuck, you are walking on thin ice..........

I'm just saying what Ladymuck is thinking.

Ladymuck - I'm guessing you're quite young, with little experience of life. Maybe when you grow up a bit, you'll be disgusted at your former opinions.

(well, we can only hope)
  • Options
    I offer my experiences, I'm sure they're not so very different from others. What should i say to myself, it wasn't like that, that it's wrong to point out the obvious?

Smacks of political correctness to me
  • Options
    You've just lost all credibilty now by saying "Smacks of political correctness to me"

Grow up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I'm just saying what Ladymuck is thinking.

and what am I thinking Blagsta ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    i know ...iknow miss ...please miss ...
    your thinking ..."oh my god where did it all go? another year closer to my bus pass."
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

(how annoying is it when you have a great reply typed up and your fucking machine crashes? :mad: )

Anyway, I think you are probably thinking that I'm being harsh and unfair on ladymuck. But have a search through all her posts. All, bar one, are about race. I don't think its a coincedance.
    Its well known in anti-fascist circles, that members of the far right like to infiltrate message boards populated by young people and pose as a concerned young person, posting about crime etc, but with (usually not so) subtle racist overtones. Trouble is, they're mostly not too bright and out themselves fairly quickly.

How many times do you defend someone who I think is racist, and how many times do they then come out with an overtly racist comment? Quite a few I think. Solo, Paul_2, giantno1 etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    How many times do you defend someone who I think is racist, and how many times do they then come out with an overtly racist comment? Quite a few I think. Solo, Paul_2, giantno1 etc.

Your counting now eh ;)

Mr Roll and you can just piss orf :lol::lol:
  • Options
    hey guess what! most crime in moss side is comitted by black people. shock horror. it realy is!
  • Options
    Following on from the Sun story about Roma planning to come here from Slovakia after May 1 when EU expands, it was vindicated last night on BBC1 news . The reporter interviewed families including the Gombars, previously living in Deptford prior to being deported as failed asylum seekers. The British Consul was unavailable for comment but has been on Slovakian TV warning off would-be Benefit tourists.

Marvellous
  • Options
    Following on from the Sun story about Roma planning to come here from Slovakia after May 1 when EU expands, it was vindicated last night on BBC1 news . The reporter interviewed families including the Gombars, previously living in Deptford prior to being deported as failed asylum seekers. The British Consul was unavailable for comment but has been on Slovakian TV warning off would-be Benefit tourists.

Marvellous

And?

They want to come here to work, they want to come here to better themselves by working up from nothing, they want to give their children a solid and secure future. They're not going to "steal our jobs", they're going to do the jobs no bugger else wants to do- like drive buses and taxis, clean toilets, and pick fruit.

They're welcome here.
  • Options
    They're not going to "steal our jobs"

maybe that's why British Consul has been on Slovakian TV warning off would-be Benefit tourists
    They're welcome here.

Have you done a poll on that?
  • Options
    Oh how I wish to see certain's people reaction if English citizens moving to the US and Canada were called spongers by the gutter press there and treated the same way we treat immigrants here! Oh the furious indignation that would set these righteous people alight!

And the best thing is that the irony (or should I say hypocrisy) would be completely lost on them.