Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

wot age were u?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i lost it at 16, which i still am although nearly 17 :P lol unlike some of these ppl i definitely don't regret it, it was with my boyfriend who i'm still with and hope to still be with for a bloody long time. Long term relationships are so rare :(
  • Options
    i suddenly feel like i'm dragging behind
  • Options
    Silverberg i don't think that was right what you said - some people are mature enough and think about it enough for it to be the right time for them even if its under 16. I had sex at 15, the temptation was there when i just turned 14. I held off for a year and a half but at 15 it was the right time. I didn't love the guy but i didn't think i did at the time. I was in a relationship with him, it was fun and i wouldn't change things if i could (although would have used a condom!). I had thought about it for long enough. I didn't feel i had any pressure at all, it was just the right time for me. To be honest, i wouldn't like to just have sex with the one person i am truely madly in love with - practice makes perfect! When i fall in love i won't be wondering what sex with other people is like, i will have learnt more in a "hands-on" way (no pun intended). Thats my opinion but everyone has different views and different times they feel it is right for them. Aslong as you think yourself don't go by what other people are telling you!
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinillaKisses
    Silverberg i don't think that was right what you said - some people are mature enough and think about it enough for it to be the right time for them even if its under 16. I had sex at 15, the temptation was there when i just turned 14. I held off for a year and a half but at 15 it was the right time. I didn't love the guy but i didn't think i did at the time. I was in a relationship with him, it was fun and i wouldn't change things if i could (although would have used a condom!). I had thought about it for long enough. I didn't feel i had any pressure at all, it was just the right time for me. To be honest, i wouldn't like to just have sex with the one person i am truely madly in love with - practice makes perfect! When i fall in love i won't be wondering what sex with other people is like, i will have learnt more in a "hands-on" way (no pun intended). Thats my opinion but everyone has different views and different times they feel it is right for them. Aslong as you think yourself don't go by what other people are telling you!

That's quite a modern viewpoint that a lot of people are taking nowadays.. but not using a condom well :p that speaks for itself doesn't it? (don't mean to be nasty)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    That's quite a modern viewpoint that a lot of people are taking nowadays.. but not using a condom well :p that speaks for itself doesn't it? (don't mean to be nasty)
    Yes, if she was actually mature she would have used a condom.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Silverberg
    Yes, if she was actually mature she would have used a condom.

Oh that we were all so perfect! Still - I stick to what I said before.
  • Options
    true true ! :)
  • Options
    theres nothing wrong with not using a condom
    thank god for the pill :P
  • Options
    Yeah i was on the pill so i was protected from pregnancy. I could have caught an STD but i am going to get tested so fingers crossed.
  • Options
    using condoms doesnt make anyone anymore or less mature. yes you should use a condom, it makes sense to, but tbh how many ppl in this world dont use them? and that includes everyone from the ppl whove done it underage to the old people who've been doing it for years.
  • Options
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    using condoms doesnt make anyone anymore or less mature. yes you should use a condom, it makes sense to, but tbh how many ppl in this world dont use them? and that includes everyone from the ppl whove done it underage to the old people who've been doing it for years.

Well said - thank you!:)
  • Options
    anytime darlin! they shudnt belittle someone jus cos of one silly mistake! least the rest of what you posted made perfect sense!
  • Options
    DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
    Originally posted by SeventhWave
    theres nothing wrong with not using a condom
    thank god for the pill :P

Apart from the fact that you run the risk of catching an STI. And no, there's no way you can be sure your partner hasn't got one - not even by looking.

Condoms : use them.

STIs : avoid them.
  • Options
    How about there's nothing wrong with not using a condom provided that you are protected from pregnancy in some other way AND that you know for sure that neither of you has any STIs?

I'm still mystified at the number of people who have sex without any sort of protection. One of my friends is a fairly sensible girl who's terrified of getting pregnant yet she still 'can't be bothered' to use a condom all the time, doesn't want to go on the pill and just takes the morning after pill the next morning if she doesn't have any condoms handy. And yes, it pisses me off and I've told her she should go on the pill but she says she 'feels a bit funny about it' and doesn't like the idea of putting those chemicals in her body. Yes, I know.

Sorry, this was completely off the topic. In answer to the question, 16.
  • Options
    That is a bit stupid if she doesn't want to get pregnant. I mean apart from anything else this EMERGANCY contraception is very expencive! If shes not paying the NHS is. Oh well i guess its her choice at the end of the day. Btw, on the subject of STD's, has anyone ever gone for a test? How long does it last and what do they do? Thanks.x
  • Options
    also you're only allowed to take levonnelle-3 and other MAPs 3 times a year max cos they make your body go very funny!

she's puttin more chemicals in using that :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Really? i didn't knw you were only allowed to have three a year, oh well hopefully i'll never need them! Maybe u shld tell ur friends about that btw...u might scare her into using contraception!
  • Options
    I didn't know that either, but I'll try to slip it into the conversation next time we're talking about it.
  • Options
    well....in answer to the original question...I lost my virginity 2nite so that makes me 18 for my first time :D
  • Options
    i was 18, i am 18, and i was then, however i was just 18 a month and a half prior to the act of yummyness that it was
  • Options
    17 ... though was for the wrong reasons, & if I had my life to live again I probably wouldn't have done it
  • Options
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    anytime darlin! they shudnt belittle someone jus cos of one silly mistake! least the rest of what you posted made perfect sense!

I wasn't belittling her. Not using a condom you can still catch STIs, including HIV.