Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

censored.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Come on join in :

Oh such a perfect Day, I want to spend it with youuuuuu :D

its all your fault having that user name, i always sing that song when i see it :lol:
    Sorry! :p

Actually it's a Lightning Seeds song that it comes from, but I don't think anyone knows it.

...Dammit, now you've got it into my head too!
  • Options
    This has been quite amusing to read, I must say. I'm an outsider here, but I've been posting on and off for about two and a half years and yeah this kind of thing does happen now and again. In this instance, I think there needs to be a bit of give and take. The mods maybe are too zealous at times, but they have to do their jobs and they have to protect the often vulnerable people (who are very often kids, remember - it's easy to forget that we aren't all adults here) that use the boards. kaffrin made some valid points, but at the end of the day, some of the more regular posters probably need to take a step back and look at things a bit more subjectively - it's only a discussion board on the Net. It doesn't control your life, or at least it shouldn't.

As for Rude_Boyz, he gets on my nerves as much as anyone I've ever come across on this boards, but he's never really done anything worth a banning. He's not a troll, he's just a bit of a tit.

Any of that make sense? I think you know what I'm trying to say.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zero II
    He's not a troll, he's just a bit of a tit.

heh that made me chuckle.
  • Options
    By the way, who did they ban? Are we allowed to say or is it a case of "she-who-cannot-be-named"?
  • Options
    TempleOfDreams.
  • Options
    Hmm, I recognise the name, but don't know anything about them.

*scuttles off to do a search*
  • Options
    can someone pm me and tell me what actually happened. The last post i saw from rudeboyz was this morning, he was saying he was really happy about something!!!! the post only had a few replies at that time. what on earth has happened since then?
    Why has temple of dreams been banned.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    can someone pm me and tell me what actually happened. The last post i saw from rudeboyz was this morning, he was saying he was really happy about something!!!! the post only had a few replies at that time. what on earth has happened since then?

Ditto-can someone do me one as well? I dont come on here for 48 hours, and all the action happens.
  • Options
    If it had not been for this thread i would have been asleep by now, as i am up for work at 6am.

I am thoroughly impressed with the volume of hypothetical situations used.

and Kermits violin smiley. Classic.

No comment on the actual thread, too boring and repetetive.

Duffy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite

Because she was a moron and sent a moderator an abusive PM, after she got a warning.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    I've not been here long enough to know whether this happens all the time but it does seem like a certain member or two have split the boards and is causing more than enough disruption.

*follows Kaffrin*

bye

I think its really sad and pathetic that two of the most honest, funny and best members of this board feel the need to take this sort of action. Nice one Mods, way to go. :eek2:
  • Options
    Lookie here. I'm going to be really cool now, and follow the examples of the oh so respectable posters and leave, 'cos I have moral standards you see and this shit just won't do. No it won't!

Look, i'm going! Are you watching? I am, i'm really going now. Watch me go.

:hyper:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    I think its really sad and pathetic that two of the most honest, funny and best members of this board feel the need to take this sort of action.

What sort of action, leaving? ...it's hardly a big thing is it. Leaving here is not exactly a life changing event is it?

No disrespect to the posters who have left - but it wont affect the boards in the slightest. This happens time and time again.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Look, i'm going! Are you watching? I am, i'm really going now. Watch me go.

Why not start a thread about it mate? :p
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    [off topic] luv your av [/off topic]

• Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    What sort of action, leaving? ...it's hardly a big thing is it. Leaving here is not exactly a life changing event is it?

No disrespect to the posters who have left - but it wont affect the boards in the slightest. This happens time and time again.

I realise its not a big thing/life changing experience but like yourself and everyone else felt a need to comment one way or the other. This is my opinion and I expressed it.

Regards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    :O I so missed that tonight :(
    I'll let you know what happed if you like, or if you prefer, watch it Sunday :D
  • Options
    Warning: this is very long :p but I get to moan so yay :( And if you're gonna moan it's too long then you are a lazy whore!
    (Eastenders sucked by the way :( )
    Originally posted by 1983
    I think that there can be no rectifying of anything until the proper attention-dependent people are banned and the wanted, missed RESPECTED people are back to where they belong. Back in the community.

But I am leaving no doubt, cause this is such a joke. I miss old times. And I'm not alone there.
    It's kinda funny that when I said that last bit a while back, you told me to get over it and what not. :p Some of you are just being hypocritical little children. There were a lot of really decent posters about till you lot came along, and loads of them left. This is just the same thing happening again, only it's happening to you. Ohhh the trauma. :p

The set of people I agree with are those who are unhappy with how threads are closed so quickly. Sometimes I get it, others it makes no sense. I see why the thread in Health was closed. People are unnecessarily rude to people opening up about shit/asking for advice. Maybe they are faking or attention seeking, but how do you think it looks to someone new who wants to open up on here? Seeing you lot getting at another member and telling them to 'Eat, stop being a retard' or whatever isn't gonna encourage them to do that. Let's push away the people who might want to use this board to ask for help. It's not hard to be nice to them and it's not hard to ignore them if they don't want to take your advice. There's only so much help you can give before you have to give up and ignore them. So do it.

Threads closed for no reason are irritating. Plenty of times I've read a thread and wanted to contribute only to see that annoying little padlock bastard. :mad: *kills it* And I think the only way to solve that, if the mods don't want to spend more time here, is to get a few members to become mods, only minus the whole thing where they can ban people. :nervous: I think the mods have kicked back that suggestion a lot tho. *le sigh*

You people whinging about old times and annoying members being banned need to get real and get over yourselves. Would you prefer the mods to ban the people you don't like, even when they haven't broken the rules? Maybe if a new bunch of members come in, take over and decide they find you annoying and to be 'ruining their community' it'll be ok for them to ban your ass. This community doesn't belong to anyone. It's for people to join as and when they like and whether you like it or not. We've all had to have it happen. Ignore the twats you dislike or find annoying or to be ruining it for you, we had Chaos and you to put up with. :p but if you can't stand not having your own way then it's good you're all going.

God, now I've done this big post and it seems like I actually care. When really I just find the whole thing really quite funny. :p
    It's even funnier when most of you won't leave anyway. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by RNT
    Eastenders did not suck :(

Did so. :p That thing with Kat's bf and that guy in the pub was sooo stupid. 'Don't come to the wedding *grr*'. That guy couldn't scare a kitten.
  • Options
    Nice post Daisy, I agree with a lot of what you wrote :thumb:
  • Options
    I completely agree with Claire (Daisy). The thing is, like has been pointed out, oh so many times before, is that this sort of thing goes in cycles. Like the others who said it, i've been here 2 years now, and this is the 2nd(?) time it's happened. People get into tiffs, a whole load of regs leave, and then all the newbies take over again. :banghead: It's one of those things. So, either make up, play nice and get on with things or leave. That's what happened with all the older posters, about this time last year.

The only problem i have with it is that the quality of spelling, punctuation and grammar seems to go down every time there's a new 'in' group :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    The only problem i have with it is that the quality of spelling, punctuation and grammar seems to go down every time there's a new 'in' group :p

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Right. Everyone. Solution.

Shut the fuck up and quit moaning. Yes, Rude Boyz is a twat, but theres fuck all we can do about him so leave it.

um, i don't think namin individual members will help the situation..
  • Options
    Everything Daisy said (as I don't think y'all would be too happy if I quoted all of it :p)

That is the first thing on this whole thread that I have totally agreed with. There are bits that I have mostly agreed with, others that I have thought were total bollocks, but to be honest, does it really MATTER? Oooooooooooh TempleOfDreams was banned let's all get mad at the mods for doing their job, even though we can still talk to her on MSN or something! Yeh - so the mods are doing a bit more closing threads recently, maybe because the threads have been more unneccessarily hurtful (or something)? They're just doing their job, they don't have to do this but they are and I think you all should just give them a bit of respect?

I totally agree with something Jaqueline the Ripper said earlier about Rude_boyz. Him posting numerous times about the same thing over and over is better than him going and doing something stupid. I know he can be an irritating little shit a lot of the time (you have to remember I know him personally) but he doesn't mean to be. I also know he never listens to any advice any of you give him, but that's just how he is.

Blegh I can't be bothered anymore. If you leave it's up to you but it's not exactly going to make the mods think 'oh no a few people out of the thousands of people registered have left, lets totally change how we moderate the boards' now is it?

Ok, rant over. Sorry. I was bored. And this whole thing made me laugh SO much.
  • Options
    Three things:

DaisyChainThing pretty much said what I think. When youve been here a number of years this is tedious and repetitive, and anyone who thinks they're so important to this place to leave has their head so far up their own arse they could lick their teeth.

Sara, the next lot of newbies will b tlkn lk ths, dey alwis duz.

EastEnders is shite. End of:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    Why do you assume that ALL newbies all tlk in txt tlk, its not everyone who does it.. or are new people just not allowed to join because you don't like it?

that is not the case. when someone new starts posting people make them aware straight away that they dont use text talk here, it makes it harder to read and its generally not liked by the majority of members.

New people are allowed to join in, we were all new members once upon a time :)
  • Options
    or are new people just not allowed to join because you don't like it?

Yes, we all hate new people around here.

Go on, clear off! :mad:
  • Options
    Why do you assume that ALL newbies all tlk in txt tlk, its not everyone who does it.. or are new people just not allowed to join because you don't like it?

Its not all of them that use txt tlk, just the majority, because when they first join, unless they have lurked for a while, dont know not to because they havent read not to.

And I know my writings bad, and ive been here over a year. So say nothing.
  • Options
    I always read these threads too late, and never have anything add.

Sorry to drag this thread up again, I'm sure it will annoy lots of people, but as said by a few hundred posts before me, people leasve all the time. Including Rude_boyz. He won't come again. But we will have a few weeks of drought because there is no one being stupid ( even Rolly hasn't been around! :D ) and no one to flame. Can't wait for the next lot though!
  • Options
    Can someone fill me in please, who is this rude_boyz???

Taking a guess he isnt liked much around here?
This discussion has been closed.