Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

censored.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd love to say I was a victim of the reigime, but I deleted it myself :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    Well, I thought I should air my sometimes controversial opinion!

I've been with The Site for about 3 years. I register, then when things get rough, I leave. Then I come back after a while and re-register as a new person. This is my third year as a new person and quite frankly, the moderating has become really quite rude and lazy.

My most honest and frank opinion is that the mods should pull their finger out and do their jobs properly.

The sole purpose of a moderators is to moderate. I do think however, that people will always be people and opinions will always be opinions. This is, in fact a discussion board, so let us discuss.
    Mods, come on.. do your job and get to know your posters and get to know the BAD APPLES ie, Rude_Boyz.
    Once you've found a bad apple, deal with them. Don't just let them rot due to "We've heard it all before" and the let the rotten, infect all the others which will kill them off. If you've 'heard it all before', you're obviously not doing your jobs properly.

Ilora x

How insightful. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Off topic.

Bri your new sig makes me giggle. And that's coming from a Hun :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster

Bri your new sig makes me giggle. And that's coming from a Hun :p

I'm so bitter :p
  • Options
    Then, if you're such a small team, why don't you find more people who are capable of running this place to the standard that you mods seem to want?

Ilora x
  • Options
    I'm not saying you're rude or nasty or anything... Just wrong about TOD and Rude_Boy.
  • Options
    I might point out that at a lot of other message boards the mods dont get any money at all.

But then I'd be siding with 'them' and I'm not like that.
  • Options
    oh, so that's what it's about.

well in that case i'm not interested. huge fallouts happen on here every year. stop bitching with each other and stop criticising thesite for your problems. they're your problems, not thesite's.
  • Options
    Stupidness.

I wonder who it is around here who needs to grow up,you cant sugarcoat the real world susie.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    huge fallouts happen on here every year. stop bitching with each other and stop criticising thesite for your problems. they're your problems, not thesite's.

:yes:

At the end of the day arn't we all guest here? If you cause more grief than the mods like you'll get banned, if your not happy here then you can leave ...but if you do get banned or leave don't make a big fuss about it - it's only a bloody message board!

Every year this happens!

:rolleyes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    If you don't like whats on offer here then the door is ---> way.

I've been here three years now, and this happens every six months or so. If you don't like it, move on. You won't be missed, not in the long run- look at the list of top posters, none of them post here regularly any more, and do we all miss them terribly? Er, no.

The mods are not here to moderate this bulletin board, they are journalists for a charity organisation that provides help and advice for young people. TheSite doesn't write itself, and none of the mods exclusively sit at their desk telling a load of spoilt brats off for being rude and abusive to each other.

The moderating hasn't actually changed very much in three years, it's just that more and more posters seem determined to be abusive to other posters who, in my opinion, are actually asking valid questions. If you can't answer valid questions nicely, then either don't answer them at all, or if you feel you have to be abusive, expect to be warned and banned.

Maybe if people around here actually GREW UP and behaved like ADULTS then the mods wouldn't have to delete and close threads, and ban people.

If you manage to get banned from this place then you really must be trying hard. And people who think that banned people deserve to stay really are on the wrong message board. Maybe you should join urban75, they seem to like rucks over there...
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    you cant sugarcoat the real world susie.

This aint the real world Dorothy!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Ok i understand all the righteousness but we have established the door is some way :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    Stupidness.

I wonder who it is around here who needs to grow up,you cant sugarcoat the real world susie.

boohoo.gif

Aww diddums.

If you abuse people at work, you get disciplined. If you abuse people at school you get disciplined. If you abuse people on a message board for young people, many of whom are vulnerable for one reason or another, you get disciplined.

If you don't like it then leave. No-one is stopping you, the door is over there.

:wave:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    [BEvery year this happens![/B]

Exactly. Everything will continue just as before, just as it has done the 15,000 times before now.
  • Options
    Lol @ violin smilie!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Will everyone stop talking about doors :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    This aint the real world Dorothy!

I meant if something like this happens in the real world you can just delete everything that was said:|
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    but they made such good music!
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay

:lol:
  • Options
    thesite is faster with Opera :yes:
  • Options
    If You Don't Like It Leave
    You know, I'm absolutely SICK to DEATH of hearing and seeing that.

Example:
    If I don't like school... I leave right?
    If I don't like my family... I leave right?
    If I don't like my university... I leave right?
    If I don't like my life... I'm just sposed to leave, right?

If we all did that, we'd get no where. The mature thing to do, would be to talk about the problems rather than run away from them.. right?

Ilora x
  • Options
    You know, I'm absolutely SICK to DEATH of hearing and seeing that.

Example:
    If I don't like school... I leave right?
    If I don't like my family... I leave right?
    If I don't like my university... I leave right?
    If I don't like my life... I'm just sposed to leave, right?

Yes.

If we all did that, we'd get no where. The mature thing to do, would be to talk about the problems rather than run away from them.. right?

Ilora x

You can find somewhere else to spout crap, can't you?
  • Options
    My crap is very useful crap I'll have you know.

See, I could have easily replied with an equally insulting reply, but I'm the mature sort. So I didn't.

Ilora x
  • Options

...and there was me thinking that the mature thing to do is turn the other cheek. If you think some troll is spamming the boards then IGNORE THEM! It's not a difficult task to do, it's not something that takes effort- in fact, it's more effortless than laying into someone asking for advice by telling them that what they are saying is a lie, and that proper people with proper eating disorders wouldn't say those things. Becuase guess what, this place ISN'T the real world.

Take self-harm. I SH, but I don't tell people in the "real world". The internet is NOT the real world, but words have just as severe consequences.

The mature thing is to ignore spammers, what's the famous internet saying? Oh yeah,

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

Instead of which, we get some person sending extremely abusive PMs to the moderators, which if they did that at work would probably ensure disciplinary matters, maybe even dismissal. TheSIte isn't the school playground, you CAN'T say whatever the fuck you want and expect to get away with it. Not given how vulnerable many members of these boards are.
  • Options
    Well folks, I'm staying. Oh yes. :yes:
  • Options
    More than anything, I've been concerned over the number of times the mods have aggreed with me, I'm not sure what quite to make of that.
  • Options
    lisa, me too

i think the thing people get pissed off with about the people, you know who im talking about, who refuse to accept that other people have been in there position and have got through it.

depression etc is hard to overcome, i know, ive been there, but i got through it, and being of similar age to the person who we all know this is about, i thought i could offer some helpful insight into coping, only to be told something along the lines of 'but my whole life is shit none of that will work..' and it became quite aggrevating and i tend not to be passive so i said something about it and was donned a bitch.
    personly i dont accept that that is correct behaviour.

its a matter of what your morales are if you walk out or not, but i think people have, quite rightly come to the end of their tether.
  • Options
    oh this was quite an amusing thread to read, that lil violin playin smilie guy was wkd! :D

so has Kaffrin and whoever else actualy left? :confused:
  • Options
    hey, had Rude_boyz posted lately? he seems to have gone walkies bout all this.
This discussion has been closed.