Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

censored.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know you're going to delete this thread, but i'm gonna say it anyway.

what is with this latest rash of closing every thread that isn't happy happy nicey nicey?

i'm beginning to think i can't express my opinion for fear off having my thread deleted, or god forbid be told to 'play nice'. i'm not a puppy.

sometimes people think things and say things that aren't sugar-coated and perfect. and usually we have damn good reasons for doing that. just because we don't start every thread with the :crying: smilie doesn't mean we don't think and feel and hurt as much as the next person.

i was highly offended by a post yesterday, personally offended. but the person who stuck up for me was banned, and the person who offended me was made a victim.

and it's not right, tbh. if you want to censor anyone who's offensive, you have to censor everyone who's offensive. or just leave us to our opinions.

Comments

• Options
    I've never had a thread deleted for telling someone they were being bloody stupid or a muppet.
  • Options
    Well i must admit recently I have noticed a lot of Closed / subsequntly deleted threads and i am aware that things have been said but yes it seems that perhaps the mods are getting a bit trigger happy? perhaps the people / Mods involved need to take time out and talk about this rather than having people banned. I would like to think that most people who use these boards are sensible and can sort things out calmly

just my 2 cents...
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    I've never had a thread deleted for telling someone they were being bloody stupid or a muppet.

your such a muppet :p
  • Options
    There are rules to be followed.

Or something.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gavman
    your such a muppet :p

You're

Thank you :rolleyes: :p

Anyway, didn't the banned person send an abusive PM back to the mods?
    If you do that, what the hell do you expect?
  • Options
    Sometimes it seems like the Mods would just do anything for a quiet life. Fair enough, you don't want bitching, but zero tolerance usually causes resentment and even more bitching.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    There are rules to be followed.

yeah, there are. i read them before posting this.

it says we should respect other people's opinions even it they are not necessarily ours. so where's the respect for my opinion?

it also says we should not post hateful or defamatory comments. what if the comments are harsh, but true? says nothing in the rules about that.
  • Options
    i do agree that it should be talked about more, but i also think that sometimes it is beyond that point and closing the thread is valid. Deleting threads (imo) is just silly.
    I know ms banned was causing shit, and veing rude but i don't think she should have been banned.

but it is not up to me so that's all i'll say

probably anyway
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    You're

Anyway, didn't the banned person send an abusive PM back to the mods?
    If you do that, what the hell do you expect?

see i didn't know that, now i don't even believe what i posted.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    yeah, there are. i read them before posting this.

it says we should respect other people's opinions even it they are not necessarily ours. so where's the respect for my opinion?

it also says we should not post hateful or defamatory comments. what if the comments are harsh, but true? says nothing in the rules about that.

Its alright, i agree with you entirely.

I personally reckon bitching threads should be just left to run. If someone has a problem with another poster, and gets involved in an argument with them but the thread is closed/deleted, it just means chances are its gonna carry on in another thread.

I find it so annoying when threads which start off as something interesting then turn into arguments, but other people are still replying to the original question, and the thread then gets closed or deleted.

And the answer we will get told to that is to stop bitching. Like thats actually gonna realistically happen.
  • Options
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

The mods do all talk to each other you know, most of us sit at the same table.

We close or edit threads that are in breach of the rules. If you don't like our rules go elsewhere

Frankly I'm bored of this discussion.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    We close or edit threads that are in breach of the rules. If you don't like our rules go elsewhere

i think i will.

bye everyone.
  • Options
    i think i will.

bye everyone.

NO Kaffrin, you offer good advice here so dont leave !!!
  • Options
    i think i will.

bye everyone.

kaff there is no reason for you to go anywhere, you have many friends here who i assume would prefer it if you stayed here.
  • Options
    :wave:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: censored.
    i know you're going to delete this thread, but i'm gonna say it anyway.

what is with this latest rash of closing every thread that isn't happy happy nicey nicey?

i'm beginning to think i can't express my opinion for fear off having my thread deleted, or god forbid be told to 'play nice'. i'm not a puppy.

sometimes people think things and say things that aren't sugar-coated and perfect. and usually we have damn good reasons for doing that. just because we don't start every thread with the :crying: smilie doesn't mean we don't think and feel and hurt as much as the next person.

i was highly offended by a post yesterday, personally offended. but the person who stuck up for me was banned, and the person who offended me was made a victim.

and it's not right, tbh. if you want to censor anyone who's offensive, you have to censor everyone who's offensive. or just leave us to our opinions.

i personally couldnt have put it better :yes:
  • Options
    Good on you girl.

:)

Sigh..children. :p

Methinks I shall scurry on by too. I lurve Claire too much. Yus, I do.

It has been a real slice, kiddies.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    I've not been here long enough to know whether this happens all the time but it does seem like a certain member or two have split the boards and is causing more than enough disruption.

*follows Kaffrin*

bye

so your all just gonna walk away ?

Cant you just discuss it here and get things sorted ?
  • Options
    i'm afraid the way things look at the moment becky it's not going to be that simple, it really is a shame though
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Whats the point?
  • Options

What is there to discuss though?

Like kaffrin said, if people put their points across, and they come across as harsh, they get edited/deleted/closed/warned/banned.

And apparantly, the mods are 'bored of this discussion'. So it looks like if we disagree, we have to leave. Simple, really.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gavman
    i'm afraid the way things look at the moment becky it's not going to be that simple, it really is a shame though

All it probably means is another few people going into "invisible" mode.

Just keep posting as normal.
  • Options
    *shrugs*
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Whats the point?

because if people are honest they dont want to leave and also I for one dont want people like kaffrin, James, Laura and anyone else leaving.
  • Options
    because if people are honest they dont want to leave and also I for one dont want people like kaffrin, James, Laura and anyone else leaving.

Maybe they do wanna leave?!
  • Options
    Beckyboo, kaffrin just said on IRC that she's 'off to find a forum where she gets treated like an adult, and not like a small child.'
  • Options
    What pisses me off is when personal insults, abuse and misconceptions have been thrown at me in a particular thread and before I get a chance to defend myself, the mods close it down with yet another lazy, flippant remark like

"Yawn, I'm annoying and I've got nothing to do so I'm going to exercise my power on an internet forum by closing down this thread. Oh erm...play nice, I'm getting tired of your arguments. Yes. that will do..."

And before, when I've had abuse thrown at me, nothing's been done. Despite my PMs.

I'm also annoyed at how half-assedly you answer our comments and queries about these boards. It just seems like you really don't care.

Which you don't. Toodles.
  • Options
    well said hunnypot and kaffrin heh beckyboo it appears ze moderators do not want to talk about this situation it appears if you wish to talk you get silenced there is no comprimise on their side so why stay.

I hope you get the advice from rude boyz that you get from all of us that are leaving.
  • Options
    There's gonna be more mods than members in a sec :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    There's gonna be more mods than members in a sec :eek:

I very much doubt that with all the thousands of useless one time posters from 1991 that the mods have allowed to stay on.
This discussion has been closed.