Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

censored.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They'll still get paid.
    And eat toast.

So what's it to them if you leave? Not much.

More will join. As you may have observed, this happens every now and again.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    They'll still get paid.
    And eat toast.

So what's it to them if you leave? Not much.

More will join. As you may have observed, this happens every now and again.

Er no one cares what they think, its a matter of priniciple.

And if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all :p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Er no one cares what they think, its a matter of priniciple.

whats the bet that the mods will tell you to say the same thing :p
  • Options

Since when has toast not been nice? :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    Since when has toast not been nice? :eek:

When you run out of butter :yuck:

Tbh, I think the Mo(o)ds will be glad if it all means less aggravation for them.

I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    When you run out of butter :yuck:

:yuck: How true.

Or when, in my case, the toaster doesn't toast the top part of the bread. And you cannot fit the bread in sideways.
    Not entirely acceptable.
  • Options
    I personally think this is one of the funniest things that's happened in ages.

*goes for a wander picking all the toys that have been thrown out of the prams* :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    I personally think this is one of the funniest things that's happened in ages.

*goes for a wander picking all the toys that have been thrown out of the prams* :p

Careful, you'll end up as patronising as them.
  • Options
    Careful, you'll end up as patronising as them.
    lol at Ninj and Lacy
  • Options
    Ive been on this board for about a year now, and when i forst started it was sooo great, and its true, ive noticed that if you dnt say something nice you get told off. I like having discussions where opinions are voiced weather they be nice or not, opinions are opinions and you cant change that. i would leave...but i dnt want to i have no where else to go. ive tried other boards but its not the same.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    what if the comments are harsh, but true? says nothing in the rules about that.

But what if there is no objective truth? What if there are only subjective views? :eek:
  • Options
    i think its sad really that one or two people who cannot take advice, online or in real life, spoil this place for everyone else, to an extent where people who have been posting here a significant amount of time, making relavant threads, useful comments and sound advice are leaving.

however, i agree with them, when i started coming here last november, i got good advice and had a good giggle, now its like the same stuff over and over again. someone is depressed, we give some helpful advice, sympathetic advice and they say all the reasons why our advice is crap and why it wouldnt work. they also refuse to take on board our positive action suggestions. we cant help if people dont listen.
    if people dont listen and post the same thing over, and people give the same advice and yet again get it thrown in their faces, they're going to get angry.
    people countinuing to post whore in this way upsets users cos it gets to a point where they really have no more advice to give.

they are thousands of amazing people here who, not to sound corny, have made changes in my life, i've made some really good friends and i dont think its fair that one or two people refuse to accept advice and spoil it for everyone else.
  • Options
    And to add my ha'penny worth, reinstate Claire and lets get on with it.
  • Options
    Right. Everyone. Solution.

Shut the fuck up and quit moaning. Yes, Rude Boyz is a twat, but theres fuck all we can do about him so leave it.
  • Options
    As R&S said.

If you ignore them, they will go away.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    As R&S said.

If you ignore them, they will go away.

if we ignore you will you go away?
  • Options
    Jeeesus people. This is an internet message board. Don't get so deeply upset by it!

I've been either a member or just browsing here for a couple of years on and off, and it all seems very cyclical - sometimes things get a bit hot and bothered, then they cool off, and new members tend to become the more frequent posters.

Of course if you look at the boards all the time then there'll be repetition - there are only so many questions that can be asked about blowjob techniques, how to get rid of zits, who will be the next prime minister, what's your favourite pop song of the moment, etc...

But hey, as long as you don't get too caught up in things and you realise that it's not the be-all and end-all, and you lighten up a bit, then it's fine!

If people want to stop posting, then stop posting. Don't huff and puff and dramatically slam your imaginary doors. I personally like the boards and they can get tedious, but when that happens I just avoid them.

Sorry, rant over - just think people should lighten up a bit! Am kind of being hypocritical now I guess...
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    if we ignore you will you go away?

Why don't you try and see
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day

If people want to stop posting, then stop posting. Don't huff and puff and dramatically slam your imaginary doors. I personally like the boards and they can get tedious, but when that happens I just avoid them.

Sorry, rant over - just think people should lighten up a bit! Am kind of being hypocritical now I guess...

You're gonna get bawled at for that. But I agree with you.

Until very recently, I was like that. So bloody moody and took myself on here too seriously. It's only when you take a step back, you see how mad it all is.

I've decided I'm staying neutral, I'm gonna keep posting on here and stuff. If other people wanna leave, then let them.
  • Options
    But I agree with you.

So do I.
  • Options
    could the mods just not ban rude boys and im sure it will go back to the nice place it was before

tbh hes the one who pisses everyone else off
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    could the mods just not ban rude boys and im sure it will go back to the nice place it was before

tbh hes the one who pisses everyone else off

They should, but they won't. End of.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    I've been either a member or just browsing here for a couple of years on and off, and it all seems very cyclical - sometimes things get a bit hot and bothered, then they cool off, and new members tend to become the more frequent posters.

Excellent point.
    Around the time I stopped posting two or so years ago a lot of the old timers were being annoyed by some newer members (and some old ones as well), and I remember that people quit or vanished as a result.
    When I returned I couldn't see a trace of all the fighting that happened, both off the boards and on them. Life goes on, and things balance out.

Perhaps some of you do need a break from these boards (not meant as an offence to anyone). :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    They should, but they won't. End of.

Whos the sheep? Blithely accepting authority? Rise up! Posters of the world unite against tyranny!

But seriously, it is a travesty.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    Whos the sheep?

An ex girlfriend, perhaps?
  • Options
    An ex girlfriend, perhaps?

:lol:
  • Options
    What The Hell Is Going On Here?

and why is it that its whenever i'm away for a couple of days that everything happens?
  • Options
    Well, I thought I should air my sometimes controversial opinion!

I've been with The Site for about 3 years. I register, then when things get rough, I leave. Then I come back after a while and re-register as a new person. This is my third year as a new person and quite frankly, the moderating has become really quite rude and lazy.

My most honest and frank opinion is that the mods should pull their finger out and do their jobs properly.

The sole purpose of a moderators is to moderate. I do think however, that people will always be people and opinions will always be opinions. This is, in fact a discussion board, so let us discuss.
    Mods, come on.. do your job and get to know your posters and get to know the BAD APPLES ie, Rude_Boyz.
    Once you've found a bad apple, deal with them. Don't just let them rot due to "We've heard it all before" and the let the rotten, infect all the others which will kill them off. If you've 'heard it all before', you're obviously not doing your jobs properly.

Ilora x
  • Options
    I wonder, did Bri delete that post himself, or...

Anyway, I said this yesterday, but one of the totalitarian facists musta deleted it.

What exactly if the point of deleting/clsoing threads? Aren't we mature enough to deal with what's said on our own, without someone stepping in and telling us to 'play nice'? We're able to deal with 'heated arguments' on our own IRL, so why should it be any different here?

Infact, it's safer on here 'cause there's no fear of getting into a physical fight, and let's face it, if you get offended by anything you read here, you shouldn't leave the house let alone use the internet.

*awaits deletion*
  • Options
    Moderating is the tiniest part of our 'jobs' actually, and something that currently takes up more time than it should. Our jobs involve offering you advice and providing the whole of TheSite and askTheSite for you and the rest of 16-25 year olds in the UK to access. We are a very small team who work their arses off caring about you lot so perhaps you should all stop being so goddamn bitchy to us. We are a CHARITY and we try 'to help' however lame that sounds but we need a little maturity from you lot for this to work.

When I say I'm bored of the discussion I mean I am bored of the fact it isn't a discussion but a slanging match where very few valid points are being made. If you all want to be treated like grown ups act like them.
This discussion has been closed.