Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Riceboys - Do you have this problem in th UK?

124»

Comments

• Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast

I enjoy the look/feel of the car. Plus, if you had a house, would you leave it standard? Or decorate it and even do some DIY?

most people must have really dubious house decorations then :confused:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by White Noise

Yep. :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Come now - we all know any bike over a 125 will go like shit off a stick! Tourer or not, the power is there ...it's just a case of what you whether your going to abuse it or not.
    Are you sure? My little 125 (Little Red) only has 12.2 BHP
    Something bigger, a 250 for example, probably only has 20 BHP ish
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by White Noise

You customize the way you look with clothes when you walk around town - why not custumise the way you look with your car when you drive around town? Nothing wrong in personalising a car. I don't want to settle for something that everyone else has got.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    You customize the way you look with clothes when you walk around town - why not custumise the way you look with your car when you drive around town? Nothing wrong in personalising a car. I don't want to settle for something that everyone else has got.

ermm, i didn't say anything was wrong. just thought that if everyone who customised thier house as thier cars then thier houses must be pretty boring. as in the percentage of customised cars to factory cars is still quite low.......

:yes:
  • Options
    I don't want to settle for something that everyone else has got.
    But surely, unless you personally make whatever you add to you car, someone else could think that it looks cool and add it to theirs. You'd have a car that's pretty individual, but not unique.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skateside
    But surely, unless you personally make whatever you add to you car, someone else could think that it looks cool and add it to theirs. You'd have a car that's pretty individual, but not unique.

That's possibly the most pathetic argument I've ever heard.

No-one is trying to say their car is unique. Everyone knows their car isn't unique. What exactly does that prove?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Are you sure? My little 125 (Little Red) only has 12.2 BHP
    Something bigger, a 250 for example, probably only has 20 BHP ish

A average 250 will out perform the majority of cars on the road. In terms of acceleration the majority of bikes go like stink - that cannot be denied.

People that ride bikes do it because of the the thrill. You get a greater sense of power and from riding a bike - why else would you ride one? ...it would be for saftey the saftey aspect - they're lethal on the road!

eh? ...I didn't say unique - I said personalised. It's going to be different than the majority of cars you see and it will still turn heads - that's the point!!!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    A average 250 will out perform the majority of cars on the road. In terms of acceleration the majority of bikes go like stink - that cannot be denied.

People that ride bikes do it because of the the thrill. You get a greater sense of power and from riding a bike - why else would you ride one? ...it would be for saftey the saftey aspect - they're lethal on the road!
    I don't ride because I love the aceleration of it all, I ride beacuse I prefer to feel like I'm actualy doing something to myvehicle, as opposed to simply sitting and have my chair take me places, which is al I've ever felt in a car. I also get really sick of the it that holds the windscreen in place - I can't see through that.

On my bike, I have a much better sense of what's around me, I can hear when a car's coming, I can turn my head and see what's around me, I can get out of the way easier when someone hasn't seen me. I do actually ride a bike beacuse I feel a lot safer on one of those than I do behind the wheel of a car.
    eh? ...I didn't say unique - I said personalised. It's going to be different than the majority of cars you see and it will still turn heads - that's the point!!!
    My bad
    *withdraws comment*
  • Options
    On that note, why 'rice' boys?
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    On that note, why 'rice' boys?

ok. according to mr. kaffrin:

riceboys is an american term. usually the cars that they drive are japanese. in japan they grow rice. it's making reference to that.
  • Options
    I don't ride because I love the aceleration of it all, I ride beacuse I prefer to feel like I'm actualy doing something to myvehicle, as opposed to simply sitting and have my chair take me places, which is al I've ever felt in a car.

Without a doubt, two wheels is the ultimate drivign experience. I've had a number of bikes and absolutely love 'em. With bikes you feel the power underneath you much better and it is so much more enjoyable.
    On my bike, I have a much better sense of what's around me, I can hear when a car's coming, I can turn my head and see what's around me, I can get out of the way easier when someone hasn't seen me. I do actually ride a bike beacuse I feel a lot safer on one of those than I do behind the wheel of a car.

I really can't believe that you feel safer on a bike. :eek2:

Most riders are more aware and are generally better than most four wheel based motorists but that doesn't mean they're safer. You talking to someone that fucked up his heart and very nearly died on a bike - through no faut of his own. I also lost a mate in August this year after he was in a smash on his bike.

You can be the best rider in the world but all it takes is some other fucking idiot to pull out and you're fucked. If I had been in a car the woman probably would have seen me in the first place, and even if she hadn't, I'd have probably got away with whiplash rather than a split aorta.

Don't kid yourslef any longer ...riding bikes on the road is bloody dangerous and is something I'll very rarely do now - Im looking out for a 125RM now because I'lll never get bored of bikes but I'm keeping all my riding off road now (motorcross).
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    riceboys is an american term. usually the cars that they drive are japanese. in japan they grow rice. it's making reference to that.

Well that makes me a pasta boy!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I just like cars man.

Not really into crashing/killing innocent people, but as my car is getting kitted it's probably what a lot of people I'll do.

Ah well!

Good banter in this thread though, I can see both points of view, think it's just a bit of give/take and less stereotyping.

:D