Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Riceboys - Do you have this problem in th UK?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    hes safe

you must be a real thicko if you honestly believe this
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Why is it stupid?! Because even IF there were no possibility of anyone else being involved if something went wrong, last year there were 14,771 RTA`s in this country which were either serious or fatal, and which were single vehicle accidents not involving pedestrians. In other words, these drivers (or their cars) just fucked up all by themselves without anyone else being involved at all. I dare say they thought it couldn`t happen to them either.

Thats probably what the other boy racers thought, before they killed someone.
    "wont happen to me, I'm a safe driver."
    Yeah right.

The roads have a speed limit for a reason. It doesn't matter how safe the guy thinks he is, because at 120 mph hitting a person/dry stone wall/animal is gonna mess him and everyone around him up.
    Only a few months ago a boy racer killed 3 occupants of a car in Colwick in a city. He was doing over 90 on a road with a speed limit of 50. He overtook a "slow" car and hit an oncoming one.
    ironically he survived, pity really as it proves Darwin's theories of evolution completely false.
  • Options
    Why is it stupid hes the safest driver i know hes has 6yrs no claims and his insurrence is durt cheap no points on his licence....hes safe and he only does it if there an open road....
    since when was the A12 an open road?
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    since when was the A12 an open road?

about 2.00 am in the mourning heading (i think its) southbound towards chelmsford there is VERY few cars...only heading towards witham/cholchester where the roadworks are is busy and that area has been cut down to i think it is a 50mph zone but the only thing you genrally get on the road at that time are people heading outa chelmsford (going otherway) and truckers..
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    why don't they go out and buy one of those peugot gti's... at least they don't look totally rediculous

if its a peugot 206 comfertable (sp) then it does look totally rediculous...and im horrable to feista because they suck.....

sprocket - I'm the biggest dodge fan going and there is a slim chance that a 10yr old viper can do 80mph in first gear...50-60 maybe but 80 i seriously doubt it..
  • Options
    if its a peugot 206 comfertable (sp) then it does look totally rediculous...and im horrable to feista because they suck.....

sprocket - I'm the biggest dodge fan going and there is a slim chance that a 10yr old viper can do 80mph in first gear...50-60 maybe but 80 i seriously doubt it..

Being able to 60mph in first gear is still a lot better than the crap cars boy racers drive around in now.
    And there's nothing wrong with Fiestas. My new one can beat the stuffing out of the rubbishy 5 year old Vauxhall corsas the boy racers drive. They think that a big, loud exhaust makes it go faster....hmm yeah.
    And 2 AM in the morning on a road with "some" cars sounds really safe, especially if the limit is 50 because of road works. I'm just chuffed that the police round here have started impounding souped up cars and the cars with those stupid blue lights on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Gentleman
    This was sent to me the other week -

Neds XI

I don't know if it will be that funny for folk outside of Glasgow though!
    That is so funny.
    Been sitting here PMSL at that for the last half hour :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Being able to 60mph in first gear is still a lot better than the crap cars boy racers drive around in now.
    And there's nothing wrong with Fiestas. My new one can beat the stuffing out of the rubbishy 5 year old Vauxhall corsas the boy racers drive. They think that a big, loud exhaust makes it go faster....hmm yeah.
    And 2 AM in the morning on a road with "some" cars sounds really safe, especially if the limit is 50 because of road works. I'm just chuffed that the police round here have started impounding souped up cars and the cars with those stupid blue lights on.

Er the road works are in the opersite dirrection i stated that
  • Options
    about 2.00 am in the mourning heading (i think its) southbound towards chelmsford there is VERY few cars...only heading towards witham/cholchester where the roadworks are is busy and that area has been cut down to i think it is a 50mph zone but the only thing you genrally get on the road at that time are people heading outa chelmsford (going otherway) and truckers..

are you trying to say that just because there are few cars around at a certain time its 'ok' to drive like a complete maniac? I dont care what type of car he has - i bet i could do ten times better personally, but i dont drive like a complete twat. he doesnt deserve a liscence. If he was a 'safe' driver, he'd know that any second there could be a maniac with a death wish heading right his way doing 150mph, not giving a flying fuck. But obviously right now he believes its his duty to be that maniac - and im suprised you have the opinion you do, being as though its your sister he's got sat next to him in this 'great' car of his.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    Just out of interest what would happen if he happend to kill your sister whilst driving at that horrific speed?

would u still think its perfectly safe?

he only does it when she not in the car..she dont like thrashing her baby....so thats why i call him safe..only risking himself...i have to admit i love th thrill of speed....
  • Options
    he only does it when she not in the car..she dont like thrashing her baby....so thats why i call him safe..only risking himself...i have to admit i love th thrill of speed....

yes, himself and whoever he hits coming the other way.
  • Options
    ooh yay cause he's really safe :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Amnesiac
    yes, himself and whoever he hits coming the other way.

meh...i have to admit hes never spun it or lost control...4wheels drives stick so well..but yeah hes been wreakless fewtimes and not like he does it every bloody time..
  • Options
    meh...i have to admit hes never spun it or lost control...4wheels drives stick so well..but yeah hes been wreakless fewtimes and not like he does it every bloody time..

You're severly missing the point. I'd shut up if I were you - you're making yourself look stupid.
  • Options
    he only does it when she not in the car..she dont like thrashing her baby....so thats why i call him safe..only risking himself...

I admire your simplistic view. It must take years of practice to achieve such a complete lack of vision.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    You're severly missing the point. I'd shut up if I were you - you're making yourself look stupid.

i allready am stupid..took you that fucking long to relise..:rolleyes:
  • Options

*points and laughs* look mate, im not being funny but id give up now if i were you. its not pretty to watch a boy dig his own grave. you're being a twat. the bigger thing to do is admit when you're wrong, and just step down from trying to look cool. because it doesnt look cool. its painful to watch.
  • Options

If I'm going to be totally honest, I knew that all the way back in July. .....:rolleyes:............
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skye J
    *points and laughs* look mate, im not being funny but id give up now if i were you. its not pretty to watch a boy dig his own grave. you're being a twat. the bigger thing to do is admit when you're wrong, and just step down from trying to look cool. because it doesnt look cool. its painful to watch.

Agree with that 101%. It's not funny to watch someone making a complete and utter twat of themselves*, so listen to the woman, and please, please - be quiet.

*well ok, it is, but that's not the point!
  • Options
    so listen to the man

i hope you're not talking about me sir! maybe i didnt introduce my profile *coughgendercough* properly :p;)
  • Options
    i hope you're not talking about me sir! maybe i didnt introduce my profile *coughgendercough* properly :p;)

I don't know what you're talking about. :o

:p
  • Options
    Agree with that 101%. It's not funny to watch someone making a complete and utter twat of themselves*, so listen to the woman, and please, please - be quiet.

*well ok, it is, but that's not the point!

:yes:

I've got something to add too. You're a cock Rude_Boyz.
  • Options
    I don't know what you're talking about. :o

:p

you're going to have to be careful young man, because you're heading the right way for a spanking...and my spankings are something not to be forgotten!

Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne

I've got something to add too. You're a cock Rude_Boyz.

:lol: ...with a name like 'rude_boyz' though - what do you expect?!
  • Options
    you're going to have to be careful young man, because you're heading the right way for a spanking...and my spankings are something not to be forgotten!

Well, well, well....you're not shy are ya!?

They that memorable? ...I'll be on the next train to Notting Hill. :p

Shiny: Jolly good show! Here here! Drinks are on me and such. :cool:

Back on topic: on Saturday while at the bus stop (I'm too cool for cars!) this boy racer shot up the road, hit the curb about 100 metres down - sparks and smoke everywhere, stalled, then sped off again. It was pretty funny. :D
  • Options
    twat!

im not a massive car junky or anything, but i have a nice car and take pride in it and all that, but im sorry, theres absolutely no need to drive like a complete fucking cock sucker. Its not worth it. I think its quite sad enough to be honest when people feel they need a 'good car' to feel important or worthy of something or other, but to feel the need to kill themselves and every bugger else on the road is just, in my opinion, inexcusable. tossers.
  • Options
    twat to the thing that happened on saturday that is :)
  • Options
    twat to the thing that happened on saturday that is :)

Glad you cleared that up, was gonna send some of my boys round then!

And before you ask, NO! Ya dirty minded...:p
  • Options
    Well I am a boy racer.

As for Fiesta's being shit and standard Honda Civics being the baals, that's bullshit.

I've got an 03 plate Fiesta 16v Zetec, and I've beat a Civic in it.

Don't get me wrong - I don't drive around like a total dick in the middle of the day past a school, but if I do get on a straight, then sorry but I don't think there is anything wrong in overtaking.

If the twat in front of me wants to toddle around corners and up straights doing 40mph in a 60mph carriageway, then I think I have the right to go around him..

Also, styling the car is a lot about how it looks, not about racing. I know SO MANY cruisers who have amazing looking/sounding cars with really nice sound systems but who don't even want to drive fast or race, if anything they don't want to mess up their cars..

I think it's bullshit for so many people to tar everyone with a modified car with the same brush. I used to help organise Cruises in Cardiff, and now there is a legal one, which is insured, and we pay to enter, and is all done properly with no problems.

I know there a lot of wankers on the roads out there, and half of them are in modified cars, but how often have you seen a heavily modified car racing past you?

They're "stupidly big wheels" and "ridiculously low suspension" does actually create a few problems for driving like that.

A lot of the problem is because of a cars induction kit/exhaust it creates the impression the car is travelling faster..

Do you know how many times people have looked/shouted/abused me whilst driving up a street.. even when I'm doing HALF the speed limit.. just because it *SOUNDS* like I'm going fast?

And do you know how many standard cars I've seen driving like twats, a lot more.

I just think you can't judge the driving by the car.
  • Options
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    If the twat in front of me wants to toddle around corners and up straights doing 40mph in a 60mph carriageway, then I think I have the right to go around him..

some of those 'twat's' cars do not GO faster than that. my car will not do faster than 40 up a hill. ever. not even with a run up. it can just about manage 60 down a hill.

i live in wakefield. city of the boy racer. there's nothing to do here except make your car look shitter than it already is. if they want to spend their money on a fruitless exercise, fine.

what annoys me is when they start being dicks.

so many times i've been at some lights, and the twat in the nova has been trying to race me. (i have a very elderly, very knackered car). and then they give me the finger when they do beat me. well congratu-fucking-lations. your heap of shit is marginally faster than my heap of shit. but then again, mr. kaffrin riding his mountain bike is faster than MY heap of shit, so it's not that great an achievement.

if you want to be a twat and risk your life, fine, but don't do it on a road where you stand a high chance of taking someone else with you.

off the edge of a cliff would be better.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    and then they give me the finger when they do beat me. well congratu-fucking-lations. your heap of shit is marginally faster than my heap of shit. but then again, mr. kaffrin riding his mountain bike is faster than MY heap of shit, so it's not that great an achievement.

Ahh, Kaffrin you I like! :lol: