Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Summer Group Chat Break (23/08 - 05/09)

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,309 Part of The Furniture
edited July 2021 in Community Announcements
yreipk3uk7dp.gif
img: someone placing a 'back in 15 minutes' sign on a customer desk

If you don't know what a group chat break is, click the spoiler below. :)

What is a 'group chat break'?
Roughly three times a year, we have one or two weeks where group chat goes on a break.

We use these periods as a chance to gather community feedback, reflect on how things are going on the community, and look at anything we might want to work on.

Breaks are also a good chance for staff, volunteers, and you guys to take a breather. If you use group chat often, breaks are a good opportunity to try new services and expand your support network. :)

When are they?
Typically, there's a break in January, May, and September.

When's the next break?

Our next break is from Monday 23rd August - Sunday 5th September.

What's happening that week?

There will be a community quiz in the usual format - 3 rounds of 10 questions, written and hosted by you. Badges will be up for grabs for winners and hosts. More info on this in a separate announcement. :)

We'll also be putting some plans in place to improve Support Circle based on your feedback. If you want to know how to get involved in that (and claim a limited edition badge!), head to this thread.

Where can I go instead?

If you'd like some quick, live support while group chat isn't running, feel free to head over to our one-to-one services. You can get in touch in three ways - phone, webchat and email. Call for free on 0808 808 4994, from 3pm-midnight.

The discussion boards will also be open as normal if you want another space to chat to other community members. General chit chat might be a nice alternative to GC.

If you're at breaking point, our Crisis Messenger is also open as usual. Text THEMIX to 85258. You can also head to this thread to find more crisis options if you need urgent support.

Questions? Drop them below :)

xfi585dx9agw.gif
img: bearded man floating in lake on flamingo lilo
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster
    If there is going to be a community quiz, I could help out with it if there is any rounds available.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    I will look forward to seeing you all there! =)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    XLillyXXLillyX Deactivated Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    @Aife and @TheMix when will group/support chat be next back? plus can anyone come along to the community quiz? @Dancer what do we do exactly
  • Options
    The first day back of chat will be 6th September. Unfortunately I cannot go to the community quiz.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    @Dancer oh damn, sad you can't come will be thinking of you though. it is so confusing because the chat says not on today haha
  • Options
    Thank you. I have gymnastics at that time but I will be writing questions for a round in the community quiz (although someone else will host it for me.)
  • Options
    @Dancer oh ok hope it goes well <3
  • Options
    @dancer why do the breaks happen for the end of summer to begins of sep?
  • Options
    Thank you. It is so the mods have a chance to be able to take a break during the summer holidays in case they want to go on holiday or just have some time for self care. And it makes sense that there is a break every 4 months.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @dancer ooh they deserve it!! @Emma_ @Mike @Stephanie @Jacob101 and so on deserve it they are good people like all of you are!! <3@Aife
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    @Aife and @TheMix when will group/support chat be next back? plus can anyone come along to the community quiz? @Dancer what do we do exactly

Great questions! Group chat will be back on Monday 6th September. For the quiz, drop us a PM and we can talk that through in more detail with you :)

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    TheMix wrote: »

Great questions! Group chat will be back on Monday 6th September. For the quiz, drop us a PM and we can talk that through in more detail with you :)

- Aife

@TheMix I got a message from @xoxolollielovejess1n saying that she won't be back online until Friday. Just letting you know before you wonder why it would take so long to get a reply from her about it. :) Also, did you see that I offered to write a round (although I won't be able to host it.)
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    why do the breaks happen for the end of summer to begins of sep?

If you read the spoiler on the main post, it explains why the chat takes breaks and when the breaks happen :)

• Options
    @Dancer i didn't realise you were that sweet <3
    i am looking through the cats and this made my day <3
    thank you lovely and you are soo special <3
    love from me and Layla :)
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    Hello,
    is it on tonight? and hello to anyone popping on tonight see you all there!