Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Claim a limited edition badge! (and help us out with something...)

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
edited July 2021 in Community Announcements
4qw04zlvaf9o.jpg
A rainbow-coloured, ring-shaped badge

Like the look of this limited edition badge? Keep reading to find out how to get it. :mrgreen:

As some of you might know, we've been cancelling Support Circle fairly often recently. That's because not enough people are signing up, and we're interested to know why that might be.

Support Circle used to be a space that was so well attended we had to turn people away and reserve spaces for the future. We used to run them once a month, but started running them weekly because they got so popular. We even had suggestions from some of you folks to run them multiple times a week.

However, something seems to have changed in the past few months, because we're getting less and less people signing up. And those who do sign up don't always show up on the night.

So we want to hear your thoughts about why that might be. :)

Click here to give us your thoughts. If you haven't been to a Support Circle before, your feedback is still super useful because we want to know what would change your mind.

Once you've done that, click here to request the limited edition badge. Once we're finished reviewing the responses, this badge will no longer be available, so get it while you can!
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks so much to everyone who has shared their feedback so far. It's been incredibly useful - there are a few things here we hadn't considered. :) If you haven't got in on this yet, please do!
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    i actually have quite a few thoughts on this subject so I have filled in the survey thing sorry if its a bit long though! hope it helps
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    i actually have quite a few thoughts on this subject so I have filled in the survey thing sorry if its a bit long though! hope it helps

Thank you so much @Jellyelephant we really appreciate you sharing your feedback :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Well done @Jellyelephant. I have also completed the form for the support circle now. From the looks of the form, it would appear that your responses are more beneficial for the form the more insight you are able to provide. Therefore, I want to say well done! Hopefully together and with others who complete the form, we can help to support The Mix! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • XLillyXXLillyX Deactivated Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    yeah i'm late but this seems so cool @Mike
    Lilly
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 2021
    Thanks so much for contributing to this everyone. Your feedback was amazing and really helped give us some new perspectives on the problem, so we mega appreciate you taking the time to help.

We've compiled all your feedback along with some of our own insights, and we've made a plan for improving Support Circle. Here are some of the key suggestions we heard from you:
    • Make Support Circle more well known and shout about it more
    • Make a detailed informational post about Support Circle
    • Experiment with different days if possible
    • Be stricter about guidelines / staying for the whole chat

We're also doing some work on the sign up process and the way we communicate with attendees. For example, we've simplified the sign-up form and changed the way we confirm your place so we can be extra sure you'll be there on the night. If you sign up for the first time, we'll now also include some instructions on how to access Support Circle just in case you need them.

Quite a few of you also said Support Circle just isn't for you but you thought it was a good space for us to have, which is useful to know as well!

We'll keep an eye on how things go, and as always, feel free to leave feedback any time. :)

Thank you all again - more of you sent in your feedback than we expected <3