Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    Hey
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 844 Part of The Mix Family
    Happy Sunday!

How are you doing @GreenTea and @independent_ ?
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Yooo @independent_ how's England?
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    @SpaceOtter not too bad thanks, how are you?

@Apollo I’m actually home now, got home at about 8pm but it was great, partner had a lovely birthday. How you been?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,832 Master Poster
    Guess who is sitting in bed with some pringles making duck faces with the crisps and making a mess!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    @independent_ oh cool, is your partner's birthday the 15th of August? Cause if so he has the same birthday as my brother.

I've been so so, I started reading my book finally and that's been fun, hoe about you?
  • Options
    @Apollo it’s the 13th August, so was on Friday the same day as @lovemimoon.

I’m glad the book’s been good. I’ve been ok I suppose, as much as I love going to England I’m glad to be back in my own bed haha.
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Oh my goodness! Happy birthday to your partner @independent_ How was it???

@Apollo I chilled with my family. :3 It was refreshing!

But I'm gonna watch your conversations go on cos it's so fun to read!
  • Options
    God damn headphone jack broke and got stuck inside my phone, now I can't hear anything from it and can't get it out
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    I joined a Facebook Amazon deal group and oh my god it’s soo dangerous 🙈
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Millie2787 what kinda stuffs on there?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @Apollo its all the deals and price crashes they find . So far I’ve had crayons , a new water bottle , a utsensil set for uni , my dad shower gel that he uses and some highlighters
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Morning
  • Options
    Anddddd that’s a 15 and half hour shift done , goodnight
  • Options
    Going out with friends today. It's going to be good.
  • Options
    @lovemimoon he had a lovely day thanks, we went for afternoon tea and cocktails.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
    Is it cold where you all are today? I'm wearing a jumper for the first time in about a month - feels like winter today!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    It's not too cold but not too hot either @Aife
    Apparently, it's about to rain here soon and I have to travel to work today. :#
  • Options
    Hello
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Aife wrote: »
    Is it cold where you all are today? I'm wearing a jumper for the first time in about a month - feels like winter today!

Yh I've been outside all day in 2 hoodies.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,523 Skive's The Limit
    Hiding all the way back of the store where it’s dead and pretending I’m sitting folding clothes but really my phone is just inbetween the clothes lol

dzkty3t03opt.jpeg
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Aife not especially , no. But anyone who knows me at all knows I don’t feel cold and I’m always too hot so I’m not the best person to ask
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I scared a customer who came so I moved lol
    On lunch now
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Na
    I ain’t cold @Aife
  • Options
    @Aife gg870gddr25v.jpg
    Here's an updated of the picture. I've been really busy recently so haven't done much, I took advantage of having a free day Saturday to do it. I'm getting there
  • Options
    Just had to do a English and maths screening assessment to see if I can progress to the next stage for this HCA job in Bristol snd OMg it was soo hard
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
    Your painting is looking really good @GreenTea!

Hope work went okay for you both yesterday @lovemimoon & @Shaunie :)
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Just had to do a English and maths screening assessment to see if I can progress to the next stage for this HCA job in Bristol snd OMg it was soo hard

That does sound like a difficult test! What sorts of questions did they ask you?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Hello everyone
  • Options
    Hello hello
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey