Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Iced coffee. Best way to start a day
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    GreenTea wrote: »

We will have to agree to disagree there mate I think a hot drink is the best way to start the day.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    I got into uni woooooo
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options

We will have to agree to disagree there mate I think a hot drink is the best way to start the day.

Nah not when it's warm outside!
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Feeling very nostalgic for some reason
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    fabulashfabulash Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    Hey @GreenTea !
    I hope you're doing okay - forgot about this chit chat thread but just wanted to check and see how you're doing and what you're up to! :smiley:
    I keep seeing these cute random cups of green tea and reminded me to just send a message on here. :tongue::heart:
    "I finally realised so I love me, not so perfect but so beautiful. I'm the one I should love."
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Yoo @fabulash
  • Options
    Hey to everyone else too!
    I know everyone must be asleep by now but I hope you all have a wonderful day ahead of you when you see this in the morning - Happy Friday and let me know what you guys have planned for today! (I have nothing so I guess I'm roam about the boards for a bit today...) :heart:
    "I finally realised so I love me, not so perfect but so beautiful. I'm the one I should love."
  • Options
    lovemimoon wrote: »

Ahhh hello @lovemimoon - how are you doing?
  • Options
    @fabulash I'm... :#
    I'm turning 20 today so I'm just like holy shit.

You? Got anything planned?
  • Options
    @fabulash I'm... :#
    I'm turning 20 today so I'm just like holy shit.

You? Got anything planned?

Ahhhhh!! This is so exciting!! I guess I better be the first one to wish you :wink:

HAPPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU ~ Happy birthday dear @lovemimoon; happy birthday to you! :star::cookie::heart: (I could not find the right emojis but you get the point).
    Are you doing anything interesting today, or something that you really like?
    20 is a good age to be, trust me - you've come so far but you've still got so much to explore, learn and love! :heart:

Nothing at all myself - just finished a draft of my dissertation! :grimace:

* insert virtual hugs here for your birthday! *

uqwzxvi4c66s.jpeg
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Thank yooou @fabulash
    LOVE THIIIIIIS:
    uqwzxvi4c66s.jpeg
    :joy:

Ooh, what's your dissertation about?
  • Options
    Thank yooou @fabulash
    LOVE THIIIIIIS:
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030621/uploads/editor/v6/uqwzxvi4c66s.jpeg
    :joy:

Ooh, what's your dissertation about?

Don't worry, I'll wish you again during the day :wink:@lovemimoon !

It's cool right - I will send more during the day maybe - like surprises or something :lol:

My dissertation is super interesting, focusing on 'why the way we talk about mental health matters', more issues with the medicalisation of the language that is used in mental health diagnoses, stigma and so on. Bit long-winded, but hey if I get famous and published maybe I'll share it. :lol:
  • Options
    @fabulash Ooh, please do!
    I'll send you some back when your birthday comes around! :joy:

Hoooly shit! I'm about to base my dissertation about mental health and art!
    AAAA THATS SO COOOL! Oh my goodness, how are you finding it so far?
  • Options
    @lovemimoon happy birthday Mimoon!!! Here's a little presentphjjcb91u5x9.png
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    Happy birthdayyyyyyyyyy @lovemimoon have an amazing day <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    fabulash wrote: »
    Hey @GreenTea !
    I hope you're doing okay - forgot about this chit chat thread but just wanted to check and see how you're doing and what you're up to! :smiley:
    I keep seeing these cute random cups of green tea and reminded me to just send a message on here. :tongue::heart:

Hello, I'm just busy with work and stuff tbh. I'm still in absolute shock about my hometown having a mass shooting last night... I'm just.. broke .
    My family and friends are safe
  • Options
    I have to adult today and take my car for it’s MOT , go and book my second tattoo and do some shopping
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,832 Master Poster
    Happy birthday @lovemimoon Have an amazing day.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,832 Master Poster
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    I have to adult today and take my car for it’s MOT , go and book my second tattoo and do some shopping

I hope that the car passes the MOT. That can always be scary.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Happy Friday the 13th everyone
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Apollo wrote: »
    Happy Friday the 13th everyone

The spookiest August ever! :lol:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @fabulash Ooh, please do!
    I'll send you some back when your birthday comes around! :joy:

Hoooly shit! I'm about to base my dissertation about mental health and art!
    AAAA THATS SO COOOL! Oh my goodness, how are you finding it so far?

Ahhh! @lovemimoon that sounds super exciting! What sort of focus do you hope to have for your dissertation and what sort of art / MH are you looking into - if it's anything particular? Sounds super interesting - happy to share papers if you need anything at all! I've literally been reading so many journals and points of research so I'll probably be able to give something to help (if you need any at all!) :lol:

I absolutely love it!
    I conducted my study on it throughout the past year almost and now writing it up gives me a sense of satisfaction and a sense of worry too - but I hope that it's okay :lol: - I just sent a draft to my supervisor so I hope she doesn't make me scrap the whole thing and say it's bad :sweat_smile:

How has your day been today? :heart:
  • Options
    fabulash wrote: »
    Hey @GreenTea !

Hello, I'm just busy with work and stuff tbh. I'm still in absolute shock about my hometown having a mass shooting last night... I'm just.. broke .
    My family and friends are safe

Hey @GreenTea - busy with work sounds good - I hope you find a little bit of down time if that's a choice for you (at least on the weekends) :heart: - I definitely heard about it, and it's awful to hear about something so worrying happen but really glad to hear that your family and friends are safe too :heart: sending hugs to you x
  • Options
    Millie2787 wrote: »

Congrats on adulting today @Millie2787 :wink: You should be proud of yourself - that sounds exciting though booking the tattoo and shopping! What sort of tattoo do you plan on getting?! :smile:
  • Options
    Welll the MOT was cancelled cuz the DVsA turned up to do all there equipment signed off and it out then hours behind .

@fabulash it was good shopping , I had to get my last few bits for university and I’m getting a butterfly with flowers , the flowers will match my other tattoo
  • Options
    Any night owlage going on?
  • Options
    Hellooo~ @Apollo

Thank for everyone for the birthday wishes! :3<3
  • Options
    @lovemimoon bonsoir, you have a nice birthday? Get anything cool?
  • Options
    Yo