Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Thank you @Apollo
    Do you currently go to uni or...? If you don't mind me asking.
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    @lovemimoon I went to uni last year for Social Sciences but I didn't like it so I'm dropping it and I'm doing Music Tech this year, got an unconditional and all that jazz, what about you?
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    @Apollo Yees! Good luck! How are you feeling about that??

Well, I was planning to take a year off but after talking to pretty much anyone who would listen, I decided to go on with the year. :joy:
  • Options
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    Thanks :​) I'm looking forward to it, I feel like I've never been bad at something when I try and this is something I actually want to be good at. I'm gonna be schmoovin and groovin

Hope you enjoy next year at uni, it'll be my first in person year (hopefully), so I'm kind of excited, given how last year was all online and how little I cared it feels like I'm about to go into uni for the first time, I want to make friends with people and stuff.

Not really that related but I was just thinking I'm really glad I found this site, it's great
  • Options
    @lovemimoon forgot to tag you again haha
  • Options
    @Apollo Oooh, you better send us some tunes, dude!

Awww! Make sure to look up societies as well! Great way to meet new people too! :3
    Apollo wrote: »
    Not really that related but I was just thinking I'm really glad I found this site, it's great

Agreeed! Feels like it should be promoted more!
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hope you both enjoy uni, best advice I can give is to balance social activity and your studies, dont be like me. :p
  • Options
    @Supernova Wish I can do that. With the way this course is going, social activity is non-existent. :joy::sweat_smile:
  • Options
    @Apollo Oooh, you better send us some tunes, dude!
    I will! I'm excited because all my previous and current creative endeavours have been made on my laptop on free software but at uni I'll have loads of technology to experiment with, gonna be so cool
    Supernova wrote: »
    Hope you both enjoy uni, best advice I can give is to balance social activity and your studies, dont be like me. :p
    Thanks, and what did you do?
  • Options
    I did a year of computer science but had to come home because well, I wasn't safe anymore. Was a massive fuck up and a waste of time and I was miserable the entire time i was there.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    It’s weird, I don’t know if I ever want to go to uni or even back to education at all.

@Apollo I did social sciences too but at college and it was really hard, was yours like psychology and stuff?

I’m also very glad I found this site, I’ve stuck around for a looong time because I love it here.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Morning
  • Options
    Morning!
  • Options
    Morning
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Welll mental health team was a waste of my time 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    That sucks @Millie2787 :/
  • Options
    Anyways back to sleep I go
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,523 Skive's The Limit
    Hi
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Am I being stupid or does everyone have to get taxed emergency pension? What if I don’t want to
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Am I being stupid or does everyone have to get taxed emergency pension? What if I don’t want to

I was emergency taxed when I first started my current job but I don't know if it was for the pension 😅
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »

I was emergency taxed when I first started my current job but I don't know if it was for the pension 😅

Oh lol no idea
  • Options
    Roll on cocktail night
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Just finished swimming again. At this point I just embarrass myself and drown. I think I either need to quit or start lessons cause I’m starting to give up. 😅 but look at how well my eye make up stayed on!

yd8njcw8wvr4.jpeg

• Options
    I'm just feeling absolutely exhausted. Trying to keep awake on the bus
  • Options
    Hey guys, how are you all?
  • Options
    @Apollo I did social sciences too but at college and it was really hard, was yours like psychology and stuff?
    @independent_
    I think I would've done psychology if I kept doing the course but I just did history, sociology, French, politics, economics and an interdisciplinary module.
    Without sounding like too much of a hippie it was just rotten academia and I'd hate to live my life doing something like that

Also you don't have to return to education, just do what makes you happy
  • Options
    Apollo wrote: »
    @independent_
    I think I would've done psychology if I kept doing the course but I just did history, sociology, French, politics, economics and an interdisciplinary module.
    Without sounding like too much of a hippie it was just rotten academia and I'd hate to live my life doing something like that

Also you don't have to return to education, just do what makes you happy

@Apollo tbh I agree. It was all essays and it was so stressful in the end because it was just constant pressure of academics. And I’m not a very academic person. I was never any good at studying no matter how much I tried to make it fun.

It feels strange to be saying I might never go back at the age of 18, when most others I know are just starting uni or college. Who knows. At least I know that particular course wasn’t for me. I did enjoy psychology and politics but I couldn’t get my head round sociology and history bored me to tears.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Evening
  • Options
    Evening (well, it’s almost night, so I may as well say evening while I can)
  • Options
    Hi