Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    Heyy @Shaunie how are you?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    Lightheaded. How are you?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Shaunie oh no, that’s not good, I hope you feel better soon.

I’m ok I suppose, I can’t sleep because I had a stupidly long nap earlier lol
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Morning
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    Howdy
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey, people okay?
  • Options
    Hello
  • Options
    Evening @independent_
  • Options
    Hi
  • Options
    Hey @GreenTea
  • Options
    Evening @Supernova @GreenTea how you both doing?
  • Options
    I regret drinking because I now can't take codeine for my headache
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »
    I regret drinking because I now can't take codeine for my headache

Hope it’s better soon
  • Options
    A bit anxious but otherwise okay comparatively to this morning. How about you? @independent_

Ahhh shit @GreenTea headaches suck. If you can't take painkillers the best advice I can give is to drink a lot of water, get fresh air, shower and sit in a dark room. :p
  • Options
    @Supernova not been the best day tbh but just having a little glass of baileys and listening to some music now. Gotta go for my vaccine tomorrow.

I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling anxious, anxiety is the worst <3
  • Options
    Tbh as helpful as those sound. It won't help. My headaches are due to too much pressure around my brain and swelling behind my eye
  • Options
    Ohhh I see, sorry to hear I hope you're able to relax a little now at least. Hope you enjoy your baileys :)

As for tomorrow I hope it goes well and I wish you no bad symptoms. Still need to book mine but I keep forgetting.

I'm sitting listening to music too. It's one of the few things which I can still lose myself in and have some time away from worrying.

What time you gotta be up?
  • Options
    Sounds horrifying tbh @GreenTea the headaches you can't do anything about are awful. Cause one of my eyes is way worse than the other, I've had migraines for as long as I can remember. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    Supernova wrote: »
    Ohhh I see, sorry to hear I hope you're able to relax a little now at least. Hope you enjoy your baileys :)

As for tomorrow I hope it goes well and I wish you no bad symptoms. Still need to book mine but I keep forgetting.

I'm sitting listening to music too. It's one of the few things which I can still lose myself in and have some time away from worrying.

What time you gotta be up?

@Supernova my baileys was very nice! Just such a treat.

In Scotland we just got letters for ours so didn’t need to book in for it. Me and my sisters are going at the same time which is good lol, I hope I don’t get side effects but I kept the rest of the weekend very quiet in case I do.

Music is good for that! I like upbeat songs for a bit of fun or the slower ones if I want to relate to lyrics more.

My appointment isn’t till 1.45pm, so not too early but I want to wash my hair before I go. So probably like 10 at the latest to give myself time for the coffee to kick in lol
  • Options
    Sounds like you have everything planned really well then :) reckon I'll be up at a similar time.

Sort of fell out of touch with a lot of my family, but I'm going to go to the driving range with my cousin. Been that long since I did anything though that everything is telling me I shouldn't go cause somethings gonna go wrong. Needless worrying again lol

Yeah I listen to all sorts depending on how I'm feeling. I've been listening to a load of Britney Spears today. Thought about her because of all the stuff in the news. Really wish people would leave her alone, the press are like carrion circling whenever something is going on in a celebs personal life.
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Gotta go for my vaccine tomorrow.
    @independent_ getting the vaccine is kinda fun, I enjoyed it more than what I usually do in the morning, which is nothing for hours
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Apollo wrote: »
    Gotta go for my vaccine tomorrow.
    @independent_ getting the vaccine is kinda fun, I enjoyed it more than what I usually do in the morning, which is nothing for hours

Fun? I never thought I’d hear anyone say that about an injection lol.

Which one did you get if you don’t mind me asking?

• Options
    Meant to tag @Apollo above
  • Options
    Supernova wrote: »
    Sounds like you have everything planned really well then :) reckon I'll be up at a similar time.

Sort of fell out of touch with a lot of my family, but I'm going to go to the driving range with my cousin. Been that long since I did anything though that everything is telling me I shouldn't go cause somethings gonna go wrong. Needless worrying again lol

Yeah I listen to all sorts depending on how I'm feeling. I've been listening to a load of Britney Spears today. Thought about her because of all the stuff in the news. Really wish people would leave her alone, the press are like carrion circling whenever something is going on in a celebs personal life.

Ah I’ve been there with the needless worrying @Supernova it’s like brains don’t like to relax do they? I’d love to have a day where I just.. live and don’t worry about anything.

Driving range sounds fun though!!!!!

Yeah it’s shit the way the media treats these celebs sometimes. They go through enough as it is
  • Options
    Pfizer 😎, the one with the coolest name.

And I dunno I've always found things like that fun, cause it's a kind of atmosphere you don't get often, felt the same way about exams.

I realise that might make it sound bad but even if you don't find it fun it's pretty quick and not painful at all @independent_
  • Options
    @Apollo yes Pfizer is the coolest name but I can never spell it hahaha

It’s interesting you find them fun, I find new environments and stuff pretty stressful exams were especially so. I guess some people thrive on that new experience and change.

Most people say it doesn’t hurt which I’m glad of lol
  • Options
    @independent_ I tend not to do well in unfamiliar situations either but during exams and stuff I never felt like I was in any real or social danger so I enjoyed it, if anything I liked exams as a social experience, everyone was doing them, everyone had something to discuss and complain about. Talking about exams was always pretty fun
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    On the one day I didn’t nap during the day and now I can’t sleep … WTF brain 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    @Millie2787 You too, huh? :joy:
  • Options
    Sounds about right :D@Millie2787