Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    Yup that was half a afternoon shift and a full night shift @independent_ sooo I was Defo dead by the end of it . I have my nephews christening this weekend which inns god parent for so I’m looking forward to that
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,660 Legendary Poster
    @Millie2787 awww the Christening will be lovely! I hope you all have a good time <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    @independent_ I'm okay but very fed up how about you?
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,544 Skive's The Limit
    I’m struggling how are you?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Apollo bit fed up too tbh. I had the coffee though and I am very awake.

@Shaunie oh no I’m sorry to hear that, me too tbh. Difficult night all round I think. I’m just listening to music though.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Morning
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Hello
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Morning!
  • Options
    AbbyOwlAbbyOwl Posts: 125 The Mix Convert
    Good morning you lovely bunch :smile: Sending virtual hugs and good vibes to everyone who is struggling today or having bad day. Take care and be kind to yourselves <3 x
  • Options
    That's really sweet @AbbyOwl
    Sending lots of love back to you! <3

How are you??
  • Options
    There's nothing worse than forgetting a password
  • Options
    Oh no @GreenTea :confounded:

There's nothing worse than resetting your password only to find out that this password is currently in use. :joy:
  • Options
    Aww, thanks @lovemimoon <3 I'm not too bad today, tired and stressed, but that's my usual state :lol: How are you?

Totally agree @GreenTea - the nightmare of trying to guess which of your 195 passwords is the correct one
  • Options
    It's so damn stressful
  • Options
    @AbbyOwl Well. I would say tired but that escalated to exhaustion. And all I did today was wake up. :joy: My mood's everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Does that make sense?

Got anything planned today??
  • Options
    @lovemimoon YES - I've never been able to properly describe the everywhere/nowhere feeling but I think you've summed it up well. Hope you feel a bit brighter soon (I know that is much easier said than done, but sending you positive vibes) :heart:

Spending today catching up on emails and paperwork (woo! :neutral:) after having a long weekend off - although I would like to be back in bed :joy: What about you?
  • Options
    I got the hiccups lol
  • Options
    Not a good morning then @GreenTea :joy:
  • Options
    I'm in a bad mood anyway so it's all just making me even more grumpy
  • Options
    @AbbyOwl Thank you! <3 Hopefully your mood stabilizes :joy: I tried to make sense of my moods for so long but it seems to be more stressful.

Dear lord, emails and paperwork, huh? Honestly, sounds like fun right now. :joy:
    I just got my assessment back and my mum and I are probably going to celebrate before she goes to work.

Was planning to call the GP for an appointment but woke up way too late so everything is booked. Huzzah!
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @GreenTea

Hope everything clears up soon! <3
  • Options
    Congrats on your assessment! Hope you do have time to celebrate with your mum :star: Could send you some of my work over to you to add to the celebration :joy:

Oh dear, it is so difficult to get appointments - hopefully tomorrow you will have more luck <3
  • Options
    Thank yoou! Send some my way, I got time now! :joy:

Hopefully you get through your paperwork. Sounds like you've missed quite the party. :joy:<3
  • Options
    Thank you! <3 Tell me about it - I take two days off and that's when everyone else decides to work! :joy:
  • Options
    jazcharlottejazcharlotte Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hi everyone :)
  • Options
    Heyyy @jazcharlotte welcome to the boards (and to the thread)! Lovely to have you
  • Options
    hey @independent_ !! :)
    Thank you, happy to be here!
    I see you're a resident coffee addict - same here :)
  • Options
    hey @independent_ !! :)
    Thank you, happy to be here!
    I see you're a resident coffee addict - same here :)

No problem @jazcharlotte! Everyone knows me as a coffee addict haha, I drink far too much coffee tbh. How do you like your coffee?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @independent_ haha same! I like mine strong and black (sometimes with caramel syrup if I'm being cheeky) what about you? how do you like yours?
    Also - might be a silly question, how do you directly reply to comments like that? I cant seem to work it out haha
  • Options
    @independent_ haha same! I like mine strong and black (sometimes with caramel syrup if I'm being cheeky) what about you? how do you like yours?
    Also - might be a silly question, how do you directly reply to comments like that? I cant seem to work it out haha

@Jazcharlotte I like it with a bit of milk and a sugar lol. I don’t really like black coffee much.

Ah, so I use the quote button below the post. That quotes the message and then you can reply to it, but be aware that that doesn’t trigger a notification so it’s worth tagging the person too