Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Did the world end while I was away?
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    @Apollo You think that's bad?? You should see it during rush hour. :joy:
  • Options
    I've never had them all appear as notifications though
  • Options
    Before this the most I've had was 3
  • Options
    @Apollo Ahh!

But heey!
  • Options
    Bonjour, @lovemimoon tu parles francais?
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    I’ll be home at 7:30am and then back in at 4pm

You need 12 hours before every shifts
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2021
    Shaunie wrote: »

Ehh oh well I’ve been doing it for over a month now . Not about not to turn up when we’re majorly short staffed 🤣 plus I’m pretty sure 12 hours is for those under 18
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    If this pain doesn't stop then that's me off to A&E
  • Options

Ehh oh well I’ve been doing it for over a month now . Not about not to turn up when we’re majorly short staffed 🤣 plus I’m pretty sure 12 hours is for those under 18

Ahhh no they should find other staff. it’s actually illegal
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Lolll now I’m starting at 2:30 and finishing at 8:30 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Joys of working in care no one wants to do it , especially no one wants to do weekends when they treat you like shit
  • Options
    They should get agency in if low staff. It’s the law for a reason
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    They won’t get agency in COVID policy plus they have to pay them 3x what they pay us . And when there like 3/4 staff short that’s a lot of money . It’s a job and I need money , from next month I’m going bank so I only do night shifts
  • Options
    My pain is gone. Wooo. Let's hope it stays away because last thing I want is a hospital visit
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Morning
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

Fairly sure that’s just for under 18s but I might be wrong.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Morning!
  • Options
    Morning @lovemimoon how are you?
  • Options
    Heya @independent_ Feeling really rough atm but it's all good. What about you?
  • Options
    Hi.
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I decided to make a cool signature but it looks a lil obnoxious :lol:
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Hi.

Heya! How you feeling??
  • Options
    Literally thought I was going to die this morning so that was fun. I need coffee but too unsure as to have one or not
  • Options
    Not been a great start to the day @lovemimoon think this is gonna be a long day lol.

I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling rough, here if you want to chat or anything.
  • Options
    Literally thought I was going to die this morning so that was fun. I need coffee but too unsure as to have one or not

Hope you feel better soon
  • Options
    Anch0r33 wrote: »
    I decided to make a cool signature but it looks a lil obnoxious :lol:

How did you do that??
  • Options

Hope you feel better soon

I'm ok at the minute. If the pain comes back I'm going straight up hospital. I can handle pain but this was something else
  • Options
    How's everyones days going?
  • Options

Sounds like you need a break.