Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Ooooh this thread is lively toniiiight~

@lovemimoon
    Feel like I haven’t spoke to you properly. What is a day like in your life lol?

Well! @Shaunie It's probably the most hectic thing ever. Either I'm bouncing off the walls or I'm having the shittiest day of my life (an understatement btw) What about you? How's your day like?

Ah mines just a shit life lol. How old are you? Do you go college or anything? Sorry if said before. I’ma but tired lol

I just feel a bit like a robot go to work come back sleep. Go back

19 going to 20. You're 22, right? You mentioned it previously. :joy: I go to uni but I'm going to take a break from it. Had an exhausting day?

At least you have something to do! Better than sitting at home! How's work like??

Ah cool. So are you on your break now or? What you studying at uni.?

Ahah yeah I’m 22. Sadly. Feel so old.

Yeah that’s true. Work is okay. I get alone with all staff and they’re nice so I guess it could be worse. Just super boring
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    @independent_

For very user I don’t know what they look like I make a picture in my head of how they would look like. And for you it is Amy from coronation street. Do you look anything like her lol?

Don't think so but I do have the same first name as her actress apparently :joy:

Oh yeah just googled it. Maybe I knew that in the back of my head and that’s why I thought it loll

I always forget her name is Elle too. Haha yeah maybe you were thinking of the name. She's about the same age as me as well in real life.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Stone cold pasta anyone? 😂

Send it my way! :joy:

It's in the post. First class delivery

Amen! Thank you for this blessed opportunity. :joy:
  • Options
    Pasta is great
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_

For very user I don’t know what they look like I make a picture in my head of how they would look like. And for you it is Amy from coronation street. Do you look anything like her lol?

Don't think so but I do have the same first name as her actress apparently :joy:

Oh yeah just googled it. Maybe I knew that in the back of my head and that’s why I thought it loll

I always forget her name is Elle too. Haha yeah maybe you were thinking of the name. She's about the same age as me as well in real life.

Ahah So do you look like any celebrity? I’m a very visual person lol. In real Life I have a hard time remembering names I only remember faces lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    People say I look like kaya scodelario (Effy from Skins ) but I don’t see it at all
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Stone cold pasta anyone? 😂

Send it my way! :joy:

It's in the post. First class delivery

Amen! Thank you for this blessed opportunity. :joy:

Yoo I tried to find a suitable meme for this but couldn't
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @independent_

Ahah So do you look like any celebrity? I’m a very visual person lol. In real Life I have a hard time remembering names I only remember faces lol

I have very curly hair, like it's crazy lol a lot of people remember me by that! People say they'd love to have curly hair then I say curly hair is impossible lol
  • Options
    @independent_

I have very curly hair, like it's crazy lol a lot of people remember me by that! People say they'd love to have curly hair then I sai curly hair is impossible lol

Omg!!! Aw, really curly hair is so lovely!
  • Options
    Lovely sure, but hard to deal with :joy:
  • Options
    Do we get notifications when we get quoted now??
  • Options

@lovemimoon

Well! @Shaunie It's probably the most hectic thing ever. Either I'm bouncing off the walls or I'm having the shittiest day of my life (an understatement btw) What about you? How's your day like?

Ah mines just a shit life lol. How old are you? Do you go college or anything? Sorry if said before. I’ma but tired lol

19 going to 20. You're 22, right? You mentioned it previously. :joy: I go to uni but I'm going to take a break from it. Had an exhausting day?

At least you have something to do! Better than sitting at home! How's work like??

Yeah that’s true. Work is okay. I get alone with all staff and they’re nice so I guess it could be worse. Just super boring

Currently on a summer break! Studying Illustration and it's pretty decent. Just haven't adjusted to this uni life. What about you?

Why do you feel old?? Feels like you've started. :joy:

That's fair. Do you have any plans for future?
  • Options
    Lovely sure, but hard to deal with :joy:

Can imagine to be fair
  • Options

No but o think I know why you’re thinking that.

In that quote your @ was in there somewhere so it still counts as in previous quotes
  • Options

In that quote your @ was in there somewhere so it still counts as in previous quotes

Oooo that makes sense actually! I thought they'd finally introduced that feature and I never even thought it was part of a longer quote :joy::joy: thanks for clearing that up <3
  • Options

@lovemimoon

Currently on a summer break! Studying Illustration and it's pretty decent. Just haven't adjusted to this uni life. What about you?

Why do you feel old?? Feels like you've started. :joy:

That's fair. Do you have any plans for future?

Aw that’s sounds interesting. So is that kinda like art stuff? I like illustration pictures. They’re so cool Not sure if that’s the same thing though

Cause I feel like I haven’t been alive for very long. So it feels weird. Probably cause I’ve not done much lol

I wanna be a peer support worker. So someone who uses their lived experience of mental health illness to support others under services by using like empathy and support. I do have my qualification
  • Options

Oooo that makes sense actually! I thought they'd finally introduced that feature and I never even thought it was part of a longer quote :joy::joy: thanks for clearing that up <3

No worries 😊

I wish they did!

What was your fav lesson in school @independent_ ?
  • Options

No worries 😊

I wish they did!

I wish they did too!! It would be so handy.

Hmm now there's a question! I really enjoyed psychology at school, and also a subject my school did called modern studies which was a mix of politics and current affairs (we learnt all about Brexit in that class lol). I find those really interesting.

How about you?
  • Options

No worries 😊

I wish they did!

Hmm now there's a question! I really enjoyed psychology at school, and also a subject my school did called modern studies which was a mix of politics and current affairs (we learnt all about Brexit in that class lol). I find those really interesting.

How about you?

Ah cool. They do sound pretty interesting tbf.I wish psychology was an option when I was at school only had sociology. Would you do a job that had anything to do with those.

Hm it is a good question that I don’t even know for myself lol. Cause sociology was my most interesting lesson but I hated the teacher and she hated me lol. I did really enjoy pe when I actually took part. But also didn’t like the teacher for that either hahah. Maybe I should get back into excerising. Have been thinking about going to gym.

You know I don’t actually know my fav lesson. I mean I loved school but I think it’s because I loved having a rountine and getting in trouble and the attention of that hahah
  • Options

No worries 😊

I wish they did!

How about you?

Ah cool. They do sound pretty interesting tbf.I wish psychology was an option when I was at school only had sociology. Would you do a job that had anything to do with those.

Hm it is a good question that I don’t even know for myself lol. Cause sociology was my most interesting lesson but I hated the teacher and she hated me lol. I did really enjoy pe when I actually took part. But also didn’t like the teacher for that either hahah. Maybe I should get back into excerising. Have been thinking about going to gym.

You know I don’t actually know my fav lesson. I mean I loved school but I think it’s because I loved having a rountine and getting in trouble and the attention of that hahah

It would be great if more schools offered psychology. It is an amazing subject. I'm really not sure what I would do, but yeah I think a job that involved psychology of some description would be fun :)

It's hard to pick a favourite sometimes!Sociology is really interesting, I studied that in my year at college along with politics, psychology and history. I don't miss school at all tbh, but a good teacher really does make a lesson. My mum has just qualified as a teacher this year, she was a teaching assistant but she went back to uni and she's going to teach woodwork and graphic design :)
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    @independent_ you can do psychology at places like GCU
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Hello??
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hello??

Heya
  • Options

No worries 😊

I wish they did!

How about you?

It would be great if more schools offered psychology. It is an amazing subject. I'm really not sure what I would do, but yeah I think a job that involved psychology of some description would be fun :)

It's hard to pick a favourite sometimes!Sociology is really interesting, I studied that in my year at college along with politics, psychology and history. I don't miss school at all tbh, but a good teacher really does make a lesson. My mum has just qualified as a teacher this year, she was a teaching assistant but she went back to uni and she's going to teach woodwork and graphic design :)

Ah that’s cool what about criminology? I think that’s quite interesting

Aw that’s cool. I was literally thinking a few days ago I wouldn’t mind being a primary school teaching assistant. Do you need qualifications for that?
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie My college offered Psychology, Sociology and Criminology - I think my college were good for offering a big range of subjects. A lot of my friends did criminology and really enjoyed it! I did Psychology A-Level and now I'm studying psych and neuroscience at uni, I love it!

You don't need a degree to be a TA in primary, you can do an apprenticeship in it though if you wanted. You only need your English and Maths basic qualifications but if you have others than that's an advantage. This website explains it all if you want to look into it https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/teaching-assistant :)
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey guys o/
  • Options

No worries 😊

I wish they did!

How about you?

Ah that’s cool what about criminology? I think that’s quite interesting

Aw that’s cool. I was literally thinking a few days ago I wouldn’t mind being a primary school teaching assistant. Do you need qualifications for that?

I never did criminology but it sounds so interesting. If I get the chance I’d love to try it.

I don’t think you neeed any qualifications to be a teaching assistant, just as @Zen said your maths and english.
  • Options
    Hey @Supernova how are you?
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    Great start to the day . My OT covid vulnerability form for uni just asked my weight 🙄
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.