Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @Liam did you do anything nice instead today?
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,678 Legendary Poster
    The only trouble with drinking tea is that everyone in the house asks you to make them tea every time you go near the kettle haha, I always think I’m not that good at making tea haha 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    The only trouble with drinking tea is that everyone in the house asks you to make them tea every time you go near the kettle haha, I always think I’m not that good at making tea haha 

Ahh yh that does happen. Tell em to them them make their own drinks
  • Options
    Liam said:
    I love cr like way too much :lol:

@Shunie .. rate my meal deal.. that’s a thread idea :lol:
    We have some really fun CR in support circle.. I normally do them haha as have a list making our way through. But got some really good ones if you want ideas!
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @GreenTea
    i got my hurr cut, went for a wee run and then sat and watched Netflix haha 
  • Options
    Liam said:
    @GreenTea
    i got my hurr cut, went for a wee run and then sat and watched Netflix haha 

Sounds like a nice day! Nice and relaxed!
  • Options
    @GreenTea I don’t mind doing it too much so long as someone does it for me sometimes ;) nah it’s alright I’m just scared I’ll do someone’s tea the wrong way and everyone in my house is specific about their tea haha 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    Liam said:
    I love cr like way too much :lol:

@Shaunie .. rate my meal deal.. that’s a thread idea :lol:

Omg good idea I love meal deals lol. Had one today. 

Few people from work are leaving to go to uni. So having a meal out with three people at different times. I mean why can’t they ask do one big meal but yeah guess cant cause corona. Now I’ve got to think of three places We should go to and going to be well expensive. We don’t know weather to go for savoury or sweet 

getting Nervous off how shit my small talk is ha. Need convo starters. I mean atleast at work you can speak about the work lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    So sad that I’m busy on a Tuesday now so can’t come to support circle anymore 
  • Options
    Oh no. I hope it will be worth it?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options

Aw that sucks :( I know they were looking at adding another support circle session on a different day, not sure what happened with that idea though
  • Options
    @independent_ if you make them a really shit cup of tea, they won't ask you to make one again
  • Options
    @Shaunie pub food is always a good bet, I love just going to a pub for a meal and most are really really reasonable prices.
  • Options
    I’m defo going to ask their fav meal deal now anyway hahah. Got that as a convo starter now lol
  • Options
    I love meal deals too but I loved them more when they were just £3.. I swear they’re like £3.20 now :lol:

just take em all to spoons .. Cannae go wrong with that @Shaunie :lol:

ohhh I kinda wanna sign up for circle but I always worry I might take a spot where someone might need it more because like I’m not super struggling or anything ! @GreenTea might pop in one day :lol:
  • Options
    I use the :lol:  emoji too much . I love it though haha
  • Options
    My wrist hurts so bad. Ffs

@Liam you  could always come in as a listener, you can still take part in CR etc. 

I no longer use spoons after the treatment of staff scandal. I won't support that. 
  • Options
    I brought mine for £3 today from Tesco’s! They’re like £3:50 anywhere else I think
  • Options
    @GreenTea I think they did have one on a Sunday for a while, but Sundays are always relatively quiet for chat anyways so it wasn’t well used. 

@Liam you should sign up!!!!! It’s great, I got in one week when someone didn’t show up and then signed up for the week after as well because it was so good for support. And listeners are always appreciated. 
  • Options
    @GreenTea have you got any convo starters in your list of closing round questions? 
  • Options
  • Options
    @GreenTea I think they did have one on a Sunday for a while, but Sundays are always relatively quiet for chat anyways so it wasn’t well used. 

@Lim you should sign up!!!!! It’s great, I got in one week when someone didn’t show up and then signed up for the week after as well because it was so good for support. And listeners are always appreciated. 

Yh but there was talk recently about it. Will try and find the thread or @laine will know more maybe?
    I find support circle so helpful and I feel safe most of the time using it
  • Options
    @independent_ I was gonna try and join yesterday like yk when there’s a wee space left and they ask people in SC but they didn’t run circle yesterday :lol: I might sign up, just don’t wanna take it from someone who may be feeling super duper rubbish and in need of support 
  • Options
    @Shaunie I haven’t really tried meal deals tbh :lol: but I’ve heard the Tesco’s ones are good. 
  • Options
    Liam said:
    @independent_ I was gonna try and join yesterday like yk when there’s a wee space left and they ask people in SC but they didn’t run circle yesterday :lol: I might sign up, just don’t wanna take it from someone who may be feeling super duper rubbish and in need of support 

I think there's a space left as all those who signed up this week have just been moved to next week. Could always be a listener if you aren't sure
  • Options
    Don't bother with them @independent_ can make a sandwhich and drink cheaper at home lmao
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Or anyone know any convo starters? 

We can use them now - with our answers lol 
  • Options
    I love spoons it’s so cheap
  • Options
    I'll be posting the new poll on Sunday 💕💕 hopefully it's a good one!
    (Or someone else will be at my request
    If I'm not able to!)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Nope @Shaunie I usually just go with whatever comes to my head