Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Shaunie said:
    I love spoons it’s so cheap

Run by millionaires who refused to pay staff during lockdown to which many of them ended up in a really shit financial situation. It was all over the news.
    Same as sports direct.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    GreenTea said:
    Don't bother with them @independent_ can make a sandwhich and drink cheaper at home lmao
    That defeats the whole point of eating out lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    You would not be taking the space @Liam, you deserve the support too you don’t have to be feeling really really awful to need a bit of support <3 

@GreenTea ahhh that’s interesting maybe now that chat is on 7 days it could be a Friday or a Saturday? That would suit me very well because I have no social life but may be difficult for some others idk. Would be good to have another day though. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Moving on...anyway..
    Anyone got anything planned for this weekend?
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    I love spoons it’s so cheap

Run by millionaires who refused to pay staff during lockdown to which many of them ended up in a really shit financial situation. It was all over the news.
    Same as sports direct.
    Yeah I heard. It doesn’t make Sense to me though. So I still support  them
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @independent_
    Maybe shot the mix a DM about it and see what they say?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Liam said:
    Nope @Shaunie I usually just go with whatever comes to my head
    For me. That’s normally the most boring things going😂😂😂 “ like the bin men came  so late this week”😂
  • Options
    I don’t really eat out much tbh just tend to make stuff at home, I do go to fast food places but if I go to like a restaurant or something it’s a real treat haha 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @GreenTea not got much this weekend but going for a walk tomorrow with my partner and my mum.

How about you 
  • Options
    I don’t really eat out much tbh just tend to make stuff at home, I do go to fast food places but if I go to like a restaurant or something it’s a real treat haha 

Cheaper to make stuff at home anyway!!

Doing much this weekend? @independent_

@Liam you going school tomorrow or?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Yeah. It’s good to go now because of corona. They need the support. I mean so I tell myself so I feel less bad for how much I’ve been eating out recently 😂. Everytime I’m like oh yeah let’s support the local pubs/restaurants instead 😂 😂😂😂

when my dad is like it’s your turn to make dinner I eat out lol
  • Options
    @GreenTea not got much this weekend but going for a walk tomorrow with my partner and my mum.

How about you 
    Aww that will be nice!

Eh try to keep myself busy this weekend I guess. Got to prevent destructive behaviours I guess
  • Options
    I’m not good at cooking I’m a put things in the oven easy kind of person but it works haha 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Hey heeeeeyyyyyy hooman😉
  • Options
    I guess I’ve been doing the same for the amount of clothes I’ve been buying. Supporting  retail business cause of how much they missed from corona

my Romwe/shein order came today!!!!! Literally most excited I was for ages. Liked everything but two things!!!!  

Now I have 12 new tops I loveeee
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited September 2020
    Nah, fun folk will make a convo out of anything :lol: I friggin hate it when the bin men come late ! Our bin day is a Thursday and sometimes they don’t bother coming till the Friday and so our bins are out front and some dodgy folk take off with your bin and steal them :lol:  @Shaunie

@GreenTea yeah! Probably.. maybe.. possibly... we will see 
  • Options
    I’m not good at cooking I’m a put things in the oven easy kind of person but it works haha 

Fair enough. I just cut up veg and munch that tbh. To tired and messy minded to care for actual cooking
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Nah, fun folk will make a convo out of anything :lol: I friggin hate it when the bin men come late ! Our bin day is a Thursday and sometimes they don’t bother coming till the Friday and so our bins are out front and some dodgy folk take off with your bin and steal them :lol:  @Shaun

@GreenTea yeah! Probably.. maybe.. possibly... we will see 

Fair enough. Do what's right for you
  • Options
    How Are you salix???
  • Options
    @GreenTea aww <3 what’s your favourite thing to do to keep yourself distracted? I wanna watch some TV but need to find something my partner will like too ha so guess that’s not happening just now haha.

@Shaunie I definitely went out more during eat out to help out. They definitely need the support just now.
  • Options
    lol that is so true. I guess most convos lead to another convo so don’t always need random questions 😂😂😂😂 overthinking this loll 
  • Options
    They do. My sisters husband is a chief and he may be getting made redundant but still on furlough atm
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @independent_ sent you a DM regarding support circle :)
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie

I'm okayyyy I've been a busy bee doing job applications and bits around the house. 

And other stuff which u wanna stay schtm about but I don't mind pm'ing folks about if the suspense is too much loool

How've beeeeeen? Omg how was your birthday? 

@Liam, still awake?

@independent how's it going? 
  • Options
    Posted a new cover photo for Facebook today got 46 likes. I was hoping for over 5 lol but lol little things make you realise you know more people than you realise. 
  • Options
    @independent_ I'll probably take myself for a run, round a safe location at some point. Probably try to watch something, read.. idk. I'm in a very negative space so we shall see. Depends tbh because I might have to drop everything and go home to say goodbye to my uncle ( he's on end of life care)
  • Options
    Aw good luck with that @Salix_alba_2019
     it was good! Had nice day trip to Cambridge with my sisters
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Yaaaa 🤪🤪
  • Options
    Might go sit down by the river for a bit. Give the swans a midnight snack.
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Might go sit down by the river for a bit. Give the swans a midnight snack.
    That sounds cute! Wish I lived near a river