Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    Starlight said:
    Thank you @GreenTea and @Shaunie.

Ooh that sounds fun greentea!!! Ive been wanting to go the beach recently as I literally live a minute walk away but Its just been way too busy and mobbed since the weathers been good ahaha Its horrible how busy its been!!
    I went to beach not that long ago. Yeah wasn’t good cause Bella was annoying. I used to want to live near a beach but don’t think I do now 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    GreenTea said:
    I need to remember my mask exempt card for the train! 
    yes!! That would be bad if you forgot it!!
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
     yh government are saying to avoid. We got lucky and was at a national trust part of the beach, so it was limited people and all well spread out  and had one way systems on the cliff walk. Was really nice.

Like I was on the side with barely anyone on lol where the fence is, part closest to the bottom right

• Options
    I swear it’s so annoying when you just can’t warm up your feet😂😭
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    I need to remember my mask exempt card for the train! 
    yes!! That would be bad if you forgot it!!

Literally 😂 need to add it to my list of things to bring! I'm not taking a suitcase but staying for 7 days so it's gonna be a squash for everything
  • Options
    I went to Skegness few weeks ago. Was busy. But still can distance 
  • Options
    The amount of times I’ve left my house and had to walk back because I’ve forgotten a MAsk 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    The pictures on the beach here are ridiculous, not gonna share since I live in a small town and don't wanna give that away ahaha. But yeah it was absolutely horrendous so im avoiding going out!! I cant even walk through town without being barged into etc its awful!!!!!!

• Options
    Starlight said:
    The pictures on the beach here are ridiculous, not gonna share since I live in a small town and don't wanna give that away ahaha. But yeah it was absolutely horrendous so im avoiding going out!! I cant even walk through town without being barged into etc its awful!!!!!!
    Ah shit really. It should be better now?
  • Options
    @Starlight sounds like western. We went yesterday evening and nobody had masks on, Everyone was drunk, beach rammed. We went and left pretty quickly.

Brean was really quiet to be fair though which was nice. 
    Can you travel out a bit to beaches that only locals know about? We have beaches like that down south west and it was really nicr
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Starlight said:
    Nope its getting worse by the day!!! Traffic has been the worst its been in years and I know for a fact we have people coming from manchester and other cities that are back in lockdown staying here!!

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Starlight said:
    Shaunie said:
    Starlight said:
    Nope its getting worse by the day!!! Traffic has been the worst its been in years and I know for a fact we have people coming from manchester and other cities that are back in lockdown staying here!!
    Oh shit that’s petty bad! But tbf from a far distance it looks like people are socially distancing but when there your self there’s loads of space. It looked like that at Skegness  anyway
  • Options
    Can't wait to see my family. Haven't seen them since Christmas and it was upsetting when people bragged or bitched about family on social media but it was like..I literally can't go home because I can't get there... 
    I'm so excited to finally see them after so long
  • Options
    @GreenTea its north east coast and since some people are distancing kinda its busy in the areas that are usually dead where we go and its so annoying!! there's usually people along the whole coastline and I dont drive so would have to get my dad to drive me to a beach which im not doing!! Also its annoying to see the beach from my bedroom window and not be able to actually go ahaha I usually go in the evening to take my dogs for a walk when its a little cooler and a little quieter 

• Options
    Shaunie said:
    Starlight said:
    Shaunie said:
    Starlight said:
    Oh shit that’s petty bad! But tbf from a far distance it looks like people are socially distancing but when there your self there’s loads of space. It looked like that at Skegness  anyway
    No they are deffo not social distancing you cant walk without someone bumping into you!!!

• Options
    Starlight said:
    @GreenTea its north east coast and since some people are distancing kinda its busy in the areas that are usually dead where we go and its so annoying!! there's usually people along the whole coastline and I dont drive so would have to get my dad to drive me to a beach which im not doing!! Also its annoying to see the beach from my bedroom window and not be able to actually go ahaha I usually go in the evening to take my dogs for a walk when its a little cooler and a little quieter 

Ahh that sucks. Hopefully things calm down again soon and you'll be able to visit the beach properly.

Do love evening walks along a beach though. Use to do that when lived in Lee and was 10 minute walk from the beach
  • Options
    I started a new poll this evening by the way, I enjoyed the coffee Vs tea one, so I did another one :)
  • Options
    Yeah me too!! @GreenTea my mum said its so busy since less people are going abroad so they are coming here instead since its quite a popular holiday destination aha

• Options
    Starlight said:
    Yeah me too!! @GreenTea my mum said its so busy since less people are going abroad so they are coming here instead since its quite a popular holiday destination aha

Yh the M5 was so busy with caravans going south.. worst I've ever seen it. Traffic was so slow on the M5 too because so many people were travelling I guess
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Oh that’s how it’s like when working in retail tbf
    Post edited by JustV on
  • Options
    Its so annoying!!!!!!! I just wanna enjoy where I live but cant!!

• Options
    My Instagram is blowing up because I posted the beach pictures 😂🤦‍♀️
  • Options
  • Options
    And it makes my dad super angry and he says everyone should go back to where they live and stop travelling to here!! And they he gets aggressive behaviors and gets really bad road rage which really scares me if im in the car with him!!

• Options
    GreenTea said:
    Whoop! Whoop!!!

• Options
    I want to get a lip filler
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    And it makes my dad super angry and he says everyone should go back to where they live and stop travelling to here!! And they he gets aggressive behaviors and gets really bad road rage which really scares me if im in the car with him!!

Should be a thing like Dubai did and get a permit to leave the house that the police have to approve..so you could do things but not go to the beach.
    Think the UK would benefit this. "Can't visit the beach unless you live in within 5 miles of it"
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Yeah we’re meant to wear this stupid chef trouser feeling ones at my work but we all wear leggings and things 

@Dandelion look at Asda they’ve got like this light jersey style leggings that almost look like trousers . They’ve got pockets and are really lightweight 
    Ooh thanks, I’ll check it out. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:

Should be a thing like Dubai did and get a permit to leave the house that the police have to approve..so you could do things but not go to the beach.
    Think the UK would benefit this. "Can't visit the beach unless you live in within 5 miles of it"
    That would be a god send!!! Means I could use the beach again ahaha

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    @GreenTea just waiting for my results on Thursday so I can send the application 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.